Author Topic: New 7-Series: bye-bye Bangle lines  (Read 10034 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
Re: New 7-Series: bye-bye Bangle lines
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2008, 02:27:05 am »
^^All of my friend's who've owned BMWs have had more problems than usual...often times in the shoppe for days on end.  Does that make me a playa-hater too?
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Mitlov

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2008, 03:21:07 am »
^^All of my friend's who've owned BMWs have had more problems than usual...often times in the shoppe for days on end.  Does that make me a playa-hater too?

(1)  When I bust out the hip-hop vocabulary, don't take me seriously.
(2)  That's not the comment I was talking about.  Review the thread as a whole again.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2008, 03:25:35 am »

Don't worry.  I don't take you seriously even when you don't bust out the hip hop lingo.... :rofl2:

von_khan

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2008, 07:39:36 am »

Don't worry.  I don't take you seriously even when you don't bust out the hip hop lingo.... :rofl2:

I can see rrocket rolling by this thread in his Supra with This is why I'm Hot blaring.

This is why I'm Hot
I'm hot cause I'm fly
You ain't cause you're not

;D ;D ;D ;D

xviper

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2008, 10:12:33 am »
:rofl2: Upset.
Trust me you'd know if I was upset.  ;)

Obviously you feel strongly enough about your opinion to quasi-attack other members and supposed Bimmer-philes who are such a different breed... even though your entire experience is related from what 'other people' have gone through; which is okay.... for a 9th grade schoolyard I suppose. I'm sure you'll grow out of it. 8)
Only you and Molitov construed it as a "quasi-attach".  That's YOUR problems, not mine.  You think you're so self rightious that only your opinion counts and you get all bent out of shape when someone has an opposing opinion.  You like BMWs.  How wonderful for you.  I don't because I see them for what they really are and if that put a popsicle stick up your butt sideways, again, that's your problem.
As for growing out of it?  Not a chance.  I'm waaay too old to be intimidated by "young wannabe whatever it is you think you wanna be's" like you.  I live to sh!t on your parade.  (Geez, both "20 something, think you've got life by the balls, I'm going to rule the earth and I've got the BMW fanaticism to prove it" kinda guys.)  I'm sure you'll grow out of it, too.  You just have a wonderful life, y'all.   ::)
Krist, another one for the ignore list.

von_khan

« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2008, 10:44:58 am »
As for growing out of it?  Not a chance.  I'm waaay too old to be intimidated by "young wannabe whatever it is you think you wanna be's" like you.  I live to sh!t on your parade.  (Geez, both "20 something, think you've got life by the balls, I'm going to rule the earth and I've got the BMW fanaticism to prove it" kinda guys.)  I'm sure you'll grow out of it, too.  You just have a wonderful life, y'all.   ::)
Krist, another one for the ignore list.

Sounds like someone's a little bitter. Sad to see you lower yourself to such silly diatribes at your age. Perhaps you forgot your pills for today.

xviper

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2008, 10:49:41 am »
I'll go as low as it takes to meet you eye to eye and for you, I'm on my belly lifting up the rock.  Don't be sad.  Be happy.  There'll be lots of opportunities for your bubble to get popped.  You'll have plenty of pity for yourself, so save it.

Oops, terribly remiss of me ........................... You just have yourself a simply wonderful and delightful day now, K? :-*
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 11:23:46 am by xviper »

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2008, 11:49:55 am »
Well, here's a little more anecdotal evidence from an actual owner to counter xviper's hate for BMWs (not all ppl can appreciate fine driving dynamics when they see it; of course, one actually has to drive and experience the car before rendering judgement, but that doesn't seem to stop some ppl from giving their unexperienced opinions anyway).

I have had 12 BMWs, the first one in 1971. I had 11 of the 12 between 1971 and 1986. Several of them were slightly problematic in the areas of fuel pumps (failure when overheated) and one of them was hard to tune properly. During this same time period, I had numerous other vihicles as well, some domestic, some imported. I would say honestly that the BMWs were no less nor no more troublesome than the other cars. In fact, the GMs I had, and certainly the Fiat, and the Mercury Capri were very much more troublesome.

I have had my new 535xi since Nov 30/07, more than 7 months now. I have had zero issues with it (touch wood) and it runs flawlessly. We also have a Toyota that runs flawlessly.

Do I expect more problems with BMW than with the Toyota? Maybe, as statistically or Consumer Reports if you'd rather, predicts I will have more trouble with the BMW. That does not prove that I will actually experience problems, and I may be lucky and have none. Am I willing to have more problems in order to drive a beautiful driver's car that makes me smile each time I start it up? You bet I am.....no question. The Toyota is very reliable and very boring. When I want reliable/boring transit, it's there in spades.

Those that slag various marques without firsthand ownership knowledge tend to have another axe to grind (eg, jealousy, can't afford it anyway so badmouth it, superiority, etc).

Admittedly, some BMW owners buy them for the "status", but many, many more buy them because they enjoy the BMW driving experience so much, that after driving BMWs, driving most other cars just is not the same.

xviper - you can denegrate BMW all you wish, but until you actually put your money where your mouth is, I will take your comments at what they are worth - very little.

BTW, the topic it the new 7 Series looks, and, although I find the 7 too large for me, I think the looks are satisfactory but a bit on the boring side. I much prefer the looks of the other cars in the BMW lineup.

2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo in Snowflake White Pearl
and
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 in Alpine White

Mitlov

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2008, 12:23:48 pm »

I can see rrocket rolling by this thread in his Supra with This is why I'm Hot blaring.

This is why I'm Hot
I'm hot cause I'm fly
You ain't cause you're not

;D ;D ;D ;D

Fo shizzle!

xviper

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2008, 12:31:34 pm »
to counter xviper's hate for BMWs (not all ppl can appreciate fine driving dynamics when they see it; of course, one actually has to drive and experience the car before rendering judgement, but that doesn't seem to stop some ppl from giving their unexperienced opinions anyway).

I have had 12 BMWs, the first one in 1971. I had 11 of the 12 between 1971 and 1986. Several of them were slightly problematic in the areas of fuel pumps (failure when overheated) and one of them was hard to tune properly. During this same time period, I had numerous other vihicles as well, some domestic, some imported. I would say honestly that the BMWs were no less nor no more troublesome than the other cars. In fact, the GMs I had, and certainly the Fiat, and the Mercury Capri were very much more troublesome.

I have had my new 535xi since Nov 30/07, more than 7 months now. I have had zero issues with it (touch wood) and it runs flawlessly. We also have a Toyota that runs flawlessly.

Those that slag various marques without firsthand ownership knowledge tend to have another axe to grind (eg, jealousy, can't afford it anyway so badmouth it, superiority, etc).

Admittedly, some BMW owners buy them for the "status", but many, many more buy them because they enjoy the BMW driving experience so much, that after driving BMWs, driving most other cars just is not the same.

xviper - you can denegrate BMW all you wish, but until you actually put your money where your mouth is, I will take your comments at what they are worth - very little.

First of all, you use the term "hate".  Where have you seen me use that term?  Please be accurate if you are going to chastise me for something I never did.  I said I don't "LIKE" them and I gave what I considered legitimate reasons and again, they are my "opinion".

If you've had that many BMWs, then I respect and accept your statements about them.  Just because I've never owned one, doesn't mean that my statements are of little "worth".  My brother in-law currently owns one (just had a new engine put in).  My son-in-law owned one (nothing but a headache).  My colleague at work owns one (currently in the shop wating for a part, will cost him hundreds of dollars).  A few friends in my car club have owned and still own them (most despise BMW service, one couldn't say enough BAD things about it after he got rid of it).  We talk.  Or do you think they were lying to me?  BMW owners wouldn't lie, would they?  My first comment in this thread was about what I thought about the new 7's "LOOKS" and my view of the image they portrayed to me and the ownership satisfaction that my friends and family have conveyed to me.  At no time have I ever made any specific comment about how they drive yet you seem to place that onus upon me in your post here and accuse me of not knowing what I'm talking about because I've never driven one.  I never talked about "driving" one or how they felt on the road.
"Slag" other marques without firsthand ownership?  Good gawd, man, people do that all the time and especially on internet car forums.  It's OPINION!  No one has to own one to have an opinion on one.  Do you only form opinions on cars you've owned?  You mean to tell me you have absolutely no feeling whatsoever, positive or negative about some other automobile or thing that you have never owned?
Put my money where my mouth is?  Why do I have to spend money on something I have no desire to have at this point in time just so I can have an opinion about it, when I have good, reliable information from those close to me who do own them?  You can take my comments any way you wish.  That's your prerogative.  It's a CAR.  You make it sound like I'm insulting your wife.  Get a grip.  You have clearly stated many "opinions" in your post.  That is your right, not because you own the car, but because it's just your RIGHT to state it.

Let's go back a bit to where a certain somebody got his tail in a knot.  I replied with my opinion about this car.  At no time, did I attack ANYONE here.  Then I was told I was "smoking something good".  (Sure, he edited it out but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.)  That became an attack.  Funny how some people cast the first stone, then can't take it when the stone gets tossed back.  Then someone comes on to say something to the effect, "Not to be rude".  That's exactly what one says if one IS trying to be rude.  Then he said, "Call me fanboy, if you like".  That was a self insult, nothing more, yet that set the continuing tone for the posts that followed.  Had nothing to do with me.  I attacked NO ONE, yet I was attacked.  I only throw stones back.  Up till that point, I spoke only of the car, NOT about anyone here.  Don't take a run at someone if you don't want to get run over.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 12:34:39 pm by xviper »

Mitlov

« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2008, 12:52:48 pm »
Jesus, xviper.  You're chastising everyone around you for freaking out and getting mad...but you're the only one foaming at your lips in this thread.  Read this thread again.  You're lashing out left and right and everybody else is calm.  Seriously.

Maybe you never used the word "hate," but you didn't need to.  It's readily apparent from your posts that you hate BMW and hold anybody who has something good to say about them in utter contempt:

To me, that BMW looks like any other ostentatious, over-priced German car ever to come across the ocean, that was designed by a committee who DID talk to each other.  They were all saying the same thing:  "Let's make this thing big and ugly and EXPENSIVE so we can sell them all to rich people who want bragging rights".  It tries to incorporate every popular styling cue in a disjointed mish-mash that will suck money out of Big Daddy Warbuck's wallet faster than a vaccuum cleaner sucks up dust bunnies.  The BMW is fat, awkward looking, classic only by BMW standards and overstated by it's badge and price tag.  I am not one to be fooled into thinking it's anything but this simply because it's a "BMW" and that it is expensive.

[The Honda Accord is] a way better bang for the buck unless all you care about is to have it sit out front of your house so you can show off to the lesser neighbours.

I've long since stopped arguing with Bimmer-philes.  They have an entirely different constitution than almost any other car fanatic out there.

You like BMWs.  How wonderful for you.  I don't because I see them for what they really are

I live to sh!t on your parade.  (Geez, both "20 something, think you've got life by the balls, I'm going to rule the earth and I've got the BMW fanaticism to prove it" kinda guys.)

Clearly, it's not just that you're not a fan of this specific generation of this specific sedan (which is what everyone but you is discussing)...you've got a major beef with ALL luxury sedans, and especially all luxury sedans from Munich.

The funniest part of this is, I'm not even a BMW fan.  If I'm a fanboy for one company, it's VW/Audi...

von_khan

« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2008, 01:34:25 pm »
to counter xviper's hate for BMWs (not all ppl can appreciate fine driving dynamics when they see it; of course, one actually has to drive and experience the car before rendering judgement, but that doesn't seem to stop some ppl from giving their unexperienced opinions anyway).

First of all, you use the term "hate".  Where have you seen me use that term?  Please be accurate if you are going to chastise me for something I never did.  I said I don't "LIKE" them and I gave what I considered legitimate reasons and again, they are my "opinion".

If you've had that many BMWs, then I respect and accept your statements about them.  Just because I've never owned one, doesn't mean that my statements are of little "worth".  My brother in-law currently owns one (just had a new engine put in).  My son-in-law owned one (nothing but a headache).  My colleague at work owns one (currently in the shop wating for a part, will cost him hundreds of dollars).  A few friends in my car club have owned and still own them (most despise BMW service, one couldn't say enough BAD things about it after he got rid of it).  We talk.  Or do you think they were lying to me?  BMW owners wouldn't lie, would they?  My first comment in this thread was about what I thought about the new 7's "LOOKS" and my view of the image they portrayed to me and the ownership satisfaction that my friends and family have conveyed to me.  At no time have I ever made any specific comment about how they drive yet you seem to place that onus upon me in your post here and accuse me of not knowing what I'm talking about because I've never driven one.  I never talked about "driving" one or how they felt on the road.
"Slag" other marques without firsthand ownership?  Good gawd, man, people do that all the time and especially on internet car forums.  It's OPINION!  No one has to own one to have an opinion on one.  Do you only form opinions on cars you've owned?  You mean to tell me you have absolutely no feeling whatsoever, positive or negative about some other automobile or thing that you have never owned?
Put my money where my mouth is?  Why do I have to spend money on something I have no desire to have at this point in time just so I can have an opinion about it, when I have good, reliable information from those close to me who do own them?  You can take my comments any way you wish.  That's your prerogative.  It's a CAR.  You make it sound like I'm insulting your wife.  Get a grip.  You have clearly stated many "opinions" in your post.  That is your right, not because you own the car, but because it's just your RIGHT to state it.

Let's go back a bit to where a certain somebody got his tail in a knot.  I replied with my opinion about this car.  At no time, did I attack ANYONE here.  Then I was told I was "smoking something good".  (Sure, he edited it out but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.)  That became an attack.  Funny how some people cast the first stone, then can't take it when the stone gets tossed back.  Then someone comes on to say something to the effect, "Not to be rude".  That's exactly what one says if one IS trying to be rude.  Then he said, "Call me fanboy, if you like".  That was a self insult, nothing more, yet that set the continuing tone for the posts that followed.  Had nothing to do with me.  I attacked NO ONE, yet I was attacked.  I only throw stones back.  Up till that point, I spoke only of the car, NOT about anyone here.  Don't take a run at someone if you don't want to get run over.

Good god man.. are you incapable of having a casual conversation. Each one of my blurbs was to keep your royal touchiness from getting offended. Which is exactly what you did!

Yet it is interesting to note that it is only you that that cannot seem to have a civil discussion with almost everyone on here. Do us all a favour and stop foaming at the mouth.

If you are incapable of civil discussion I suggest you stay away from online communities, since no one likes a troll.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2008, 01:36:42 pm »
 :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: why is german popcorn so expensive........ 8)
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2008, 02:49:55 pm »
I was going to point the "attacks" made by xviper, but Mitlov has covered that off for me very well in his post above.

As others have said, you (xviper) are the one rushing to judgement over other ppls comments. No mirrors in your house?

I stand by the post I made above. I have owned the cars, many times. You have not. You are repeating stories from others.

Since arguing with fools on the internet is pointless, I will stop now. I have said all I will say, and I'm sorry you will never get to experience the driving pleasure of a BMW. Pity.

Enjoy the rest of your Stampede.....or not, as you wish.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2008, 02:54:28 pm »
maybe he NO want to try an " i Drive" it and see..or hates the Bangle-Dash..... Mmm Curry spiced...:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

xviper

« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2008, 02:58:44 pm »
Jesus, xviper.  You're chastising everyone around you for freaking out and getting mad...but you're the only one foaming at your lips in this thread.  Read this thread again.  You're lashing out left and right and everybody else is calm.  Seriously.

Clearly, it's not just that you're not a fan of this specific generation of this specific sedan (which is what everyone but you is discussing)...you've got a major beef with ALL luxury sedans, and especially all luxury sedans from Munich.
I'm chastising NO ONE here.  My comments are generic.  If you wish to lay claim to what I'm saying, fine.  I have directed my comments to nobody.  It is YOU, who targetted me because you took it personal.  Seriously!
Clearly, you can't see past your nose and have absolutely no idea of what a clear thought is.  I have NEVER stated anything of the sort about having a "major beef with ALL luxury sedans".  That's something your little confused mind conjured up.  In fact, my son-in-law has a Lexus and it's a great car.  I also like some Benz's and I love the R8, so where do you get off in accusing me of this kind of sentiment?
You mistake boisterous opinion with "lashing out" (at nobody here) and "foaming".  YOU have the problem, not me.  YOU, cast the first stone.  Can't take it being tossed back?  Don't comment on "what I'm smoking".

xviper

« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2008, 03:01:17 pm »
If you are incapable of civil discussion I suggest you stay away from online communities, since no one likes a troll.
The same goes for you.  Who the HELL are you to suggest anything?  What are you?  YOU throw just as big a stone as Molitov.

xviper

« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2008, 03:07:49 pm »
I was going to point the "attacks" made by xviper, but Mitlov has covered that off for me very well in his post above.

As others have said, you (xviper) are the one rushing to judgement over other ppls comments. No mirrors in your house?

I stand by the post I made above. I have owned the cars, many times. You have not. You are repeating stories from others.

Since arguing with fools on the internet is pointless, I will stop now. I have said all I will say, and I'm sorry you will never get to experience the driving pleasure of a BMW. Pity.

"ATTACKS" on who?  Anybody here?  It's against rules to attack anyone here.  I've not done that.  I was first attacked.  I responded in kind.  Can't take it?
My mirrors got busted after the first guy threw a stone through it.
Stop now, don't stop now.  Matters not to me.  Keep going as long as you want.  You can be a fool all you like.  You've been a lot of fun.  Just don't let your blinkers ride too tight around your eyes.
Don't be sorry.  It's no pity.
And you enjoy your day ......... or not, as you wish.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2008, 03:40:24 pm »

"ATTACKS" on who?  Anybody here?  It's against rules to attack anyone here.  I've not done that.  I was first attacked.  I responded in kind.  Can't take it?
My mirrors got busted after the first guy threw a stone through it.
Stop now, don't stop now.  Matters not to me.  Keep going as long as you want.  You can be a fool all you like.  You've been a lot of fun.  Just don't let your blinkers ride too tight around your eyes.
Don't be sorry.  It's no pity.
And you enjoy your day ......... or not, as you wish.

xviper, you're beginning to sound a bit mad now...  ::) ::) ::)  If you're not smoking anything , you're certainly snorting it!  :P

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

xviper

« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2008, 03:45:21 pm »
xviper, you're beginning to sound a bit mad now...  ::) ::) ::)  If you're not smoking anything , you're certainly snorting it!  :P
You can actually hear my tone in the printed word?  Amazing!  I'll give you this one as a freebie.  I won't toss your stone back.

I've just said goodbye to some friends visiting from Amersham.  Very nice people.  I'll let them pass on some of their "niceness" to you. 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 03:47:32 pm by xviper »