Author Topic: New 7-Series: bye-bye Bangle lines  (Read 10053 times)

Mitlov

Re: New 7-Series: bye-bye Bangle lines
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2008, 12:22:34 am »
I am sorry I discussed your opinion of my opinion.

I am sorry we are discussing my opinion of your opinion of my opinion. 

I can do this all night!

You're not worth the effort.

Is anyone on the internet really worth the effort?

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2008, 12:36:32 am »
Saw a silver Accord at night not long ago at night, I actually did mistakenly thinking it was some kind of BMW from a distance.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2008, 08:25:41 am »
"at night not long ago at night".................they say vision is the second thing to go before memory...can't remember wot tha FIRST THING is...................maybe it will come to me inna MINUTE!!!.......Id lay of tha cheap moonshine...we KNOW it Stampede TIME but a kegger wiff yer Eggers!!! tut Tut.....
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Zoo

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +1/-0
  • Always hungry..
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 HHR, 2007 Yaris, 1981 CB 750 Custom
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2008, 10:13:00 am »
I am not much of a fan of the new Accord Sedan. The coupe though... :D

In that cool dark blue the Honda Accord Sedan reminds me a bit of an older BMW 6 Series.

Mitlov

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2008, 12:31:02 pm »
maybe bmw will get lucky and the old rich dudes looking to buy this car have such bad vision that they will think they are driving their old buick.  hummmm, this could be a very clever marketing ploy.  miss your old buick??   no longer!!!  here it is!!!

:rofl:

Maserati's already got that angle covered pretty well though...

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2008, 04:47:28 pm »
maybe bmw will get lucky and the old rich dudes looking to buy this car have such bad vision that they will think they are driving their old buick.  hummmm, this could be a very clever marketing ploy.  miss your old buick??   no longer!!!  here it is!!!

:rofl:

Maserati's already got that angle covered pretty well though...

Don't you dare!  The Maser is an absolute work of art, even more so in the flesh... :drool: :drool: :drool:

:P

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

von_khan

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2008, 06:17:15 pm »
They both have a Hofmeister kink and a character line, but that's the end of the similarity IMO.  To me, the Honda looks like it was designed by a committee who didn't talk to each other enough.  It tries to incorporate every popular styling cue in a disjointed mish-mash.  The BMW has sleek, classic, understated (maybe even a bit bland) RWD lines.
My opinion is vastly different.  To me, that BMW looks like any other ostentatious, over-priced German car ever to come across the ocean, that was designed by a committee who DID talk to each other.  They were all saying the same thing:  "Let's make this thing big and ugly and EXPENSIVE so we can sell them all to rich people who want bragging rights".  It tries to incorporate every popular styling cue in a disjointed mish-mash that will suck money out of Big Daddy Warbuck's wallet faster than a vaccuum cleaner sucks up dust bunnies.  The BMW is fat, awkward looking, classic only by BMW standards and overstated by it's badge and price tag.  I am not one to be fooled into thinking it's anything but this simply because it's a "BMW" and that it is expensive.  Yup, BMWs -- still UGLY after all these years.  I'm not smoking anything.  In fact, I can see clearly now.  But then, it's only MY opinion.
The Accord is only different in that it is a bit smaller, has more appeal to the masses, better built, NOT ostentatious at all and is "CHEAP" by comparison.  It too, is UGLY.  It's a way better bang for the buck unless all you care about is to have it sit out front of your house so you can show off to the lesser neighbours.   :-*
From the other comments here, it looks like many others are "smoking" something, too.   ;)

Not to be rude or anything, but have you spent some time with a decent BMW? I find the statement that an Accord is better put together than a BMW more than a little outrageous. I was a BMW skeptic for the longest time till a friend left his 330i in my care for a week. Have been a big fan since, every test drive I've taken since then whilst I've been shopping has pretty much thrilled me.

You get what you pay for. Sure there are posers that want the badge, but to me the marque represents a benchmark of automotive refinement.

xviper

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2008, 06:39:25 pm »
Not to be rude or anything, but have you spent some time with a decent BMW? I find the statement that an Accord is better put together than a BMW more than a little outrageous. I was a BMW skeptic for the longest time till a friend left his 330i in my care for a week. Have been a big fan since, every test drive I've taken since then whilst I've been shopping has pretty much thrilled me.

You get what you pay for. Sure there are posers that want the badge, but to me the marque represents a benchmark of automotive refinement.
Nope and why would I have to in order to have an opinion on what I think it looks like?  Insofar as how reliable or well built BMWs are, I've known and still know lots of people who own them.  All I ever hear is them bitching and complaining about this or that needing to be fixed and how much BMW charges them to fix it and how long it has to sit at the shop and how terribly crappy the service is.  (Case in point:  My co-worker currently has a 3-series.  Guess where it's at right now as I type?  Would you like to know what's wrong with it and how much he's going to have to pay to fix it?  And would you also like to know how long it's going to take for the part to come from Germany?)  So, you say, "It's warranteed, so why would they have to pay anything?"  Sorry, but if all you consider is the initial warrantee period is what constitutes "reliable", then I guess you are entitled to declare a BMW whatever you wish it to be.  To me, "reliable" is how the car is years after the warranty period is done.  And a test drive in a "brand new vehicle"?  Again, sorry, but I should hope that the brand spanking new vehicle would impress the heck out of you.
"You get what you pay for?"  Maybe, maybe not.  I will also leave that as your opinion.  I've long since stopped arguing with Bimmer-philes.  They have an entirely different constitution than almost any other car fanatic out there.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 06:41:59 pm by xviper »

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2008, 07:19:46 pm »
Shirley BMW Canada/North America must have a stock of parts..?

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2008, 07:25:13 pm »
Who is Shirley?

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2008, 07:32:11 pm »
Who is Shirley?

Finally someone got one of my jokes, yay!

She's over Under.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2008, 07:43:25 pm »
Roger, Roger...
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

xviper

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2008, 08:10:22 pm »
Shirley, you gest!!??  (IN joke where I work.  Has to do with a girl with big boobs taughting a young teenage boy.)

PS.  No, no part available in Canada.  Don't know if they go state-side, but this thing is coming from Germany.  I'm talking to the guy right now.  (Wanna ask me what he thinks of BMW?)  2 weeks before the part gets here.  Then he goes on vacation, so he won't see his car till the middle of August.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2008, 08:39:15 pm »
Shirley BMW Canada/North America must have a stock of parts..?

I never have a problem getting parts when need

von_khan

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2008, 08:52:06 pm »
Shirley, you gest!!??  (IN joke where I work.  Has to do with a girl with big boobs taughting a young teenage boy.)

PS.  No, no part available in Canada.  Don't know if they go state-side, but this thing is coming from Germany.  I'm talking to the guy right now.  (Wanna ask me what he thinks of BMW?)  2 weeks before the part gets here.  Then he goes on vacation, so he won't see his car till the middle of August.

None of my friends have had any problems with their cars... its a long range from a crapload of older e46 3 series, the Bangleized 5 series, two Ms, an e 90 330, a couple of e92s... everyone is happy and wouldnt trade anything for their cars.

Personall, I love how they sit on the fine line between luxury and performance, getting behind the wheel of one always puts a goofy grin on my face. So call me a fanboy if you will. Only thing is the high cost of maintainance... which is a price to pay for a premium car.

xviper

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2008, 09:39:23 pm »
So call me a fanboy if you will.
I wouldn't do that.  You are within your rights to have your opinion.  Too bad my opinion seems to upset you so much.  But really, that's not my problem, is it?

Mitlov

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2008, 10:20:39 pm »
Oz doesn't seem remotely upset from my reading of his posts.  Mr. Viper, can't say the same for you at this point.

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2008, 11:30:15 pm »

How to tell the joke in Italian?

von_khan

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2008, 01:53:28 am »
So call me a fanboy if you will.
I wouldn't do that.  You are within your rights to have your opinion.  Too bad my opinion seems to upset you so much.  But really, that's not my problem, is it?

:rofl2: Upset.
Trust me you'd know if I was upset.  ;)

Obviously you feel strongly enough about your opinion to quasi-attack other members and supposed Bimmer-philes who are such a different breed... even though your entire experience is related from what 'other people' have gone through; which is okay.... for a 9th grade schoolyard I suppose. I'm sure you'll grow out of it. 8)

Mitlov

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2008, 02:04:58 am »
*shrug*  xviper's rants against luxury cars, and BMWs specifically, in this thread make me wonder if he is what's known in the vernacular as a "playa-hater" ;)