Author Topic: Mats the traitor  (Read 9607 times)

Offline gosteelerz

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +1/-4
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Mustang V6 2007 Focus
Mats the traitor
« on: June 20, 2008, 06:29:27 pm »
Looks like Mats is going to be come a stinkin Hab

http://www.fan590.com/news/sports/more.jsp?content=s062047A

Gee, it was only 4 months ago he bled Maple Leaf blue and refused to move for some prospects, now he wants to go the dark side.  Thanks Mats, we could have had Higgins and a first rounder.

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Mats the traitor
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 06:42:59 pm »
He's not a Hab yet until a contract is actually signed. 

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6812
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 07:10:54 pm »
He's been great player.  Hope he gets a shot at the CUP.  Leafs are still DOA and will be until new ownership and that's not going to happen this decade or the next.  :P

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 07:52:26 pm »
The dysfunctional ownership and management of the Leafs pushed him away despite Mat’s efforts to retire in Toronto. Harold Ballard would be a step up compared to these fack-ups.

baumer00

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 10:58:58 pm »
Looks like Mats is going to be come a stinkin Hab

http://www.fan590.com/news/sports/more.jsp?content=s062047A

Gee, it was only 4 months ago he bled Maple Leaf blue and refused to move for some prospects, now he wants to go the dark side.  Thanks Mats, we could have had Higgins and a first rounder.

I was initially upset at hearing this, but it's not Mats' fault that MLSE is terrible at running a hockey franchise, he did everything for his team.  Would I have liked him to agree to a trade at the deadline, sure, but the leafs agreed to give him the no-trade and it was his to use (he earned it, unlike that sack of sh*t mccabe).  I would love to see Sundin stay in toronto but he'd be an idiot to stay with this team, they suck and will continue to suck for at least a few more years.

Is it just me, or does it look like cliff fletcher is half dead when speaks, he should not be a gm in the league.

Offline RunsinLight

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +12/-34
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2018 Ford F150 XLT
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 11:53:05 pm »
BTW. Go watch a real sport. lol

baumer00

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 11:58:59 pm »

such as? and please don't say soccer  ::)

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 12:32:38 am »
Mats has done everything he could to help the Leafs, he a class act.  He earned the rights to play whoever he chooses.

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 12:34:51 am »

such as? and please don't say soccer  ::)

Golf?  :)

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 08:48:45 am »
Which shows more character - taking the easy route, and leaving in the middle of the season, when the race to the cup is at its peak, or sticking with your team and fighting the good fight, and making a change after the season is over?

You can argue and debate it either way.

My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 09:07:57 am »
It would been better if he was traded
At least the Leafs would have gotten something for him

Offline gosteelerz

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 09:21:34 am »
He's not a Hab yet until a contract is actually signed. 

I will bet you 20 virtual dollars that this does happen.

Offline inco

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +29/-32
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Forester
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2008, 09:24:52 am »
Mats didn't ask for this to happen. That's what I read this morning and as a matter of fact he hasn't even decided if he is going to play again.

This was engineered by Fumble Fletch because they could not trade him earlier and they couldn't sign him so they opened the door for Montreal to 'talk' with Mats and his agent.

Seems like Leaf Management and the CAW have something in common - an inner desire to open their mouths and drive everyone away.

I hope he signs with them and they win the cup. At least he always tried to win and actually was a positive influence and role model. A class act should play for a class team.

Now let's get rid the deadweights on the team who earn all that money and then do nothing. Like that would happen because what we need is new ownership - get rid of  Peddie and Teachers.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2008, 09:26:02 am »
If I had his money I would give 1/2 to Sick Kids and then go live on an island down south
 ;D

Offline gosteelerz

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2008, 09:33:58 am »
Mats has done everything he could to help the Leafs, he a class act.  He earned the rights to play whoever he chooses.

Yeah, except he went on about how loves Toronto and wants to end his career here and then bolts for his beloved team's mortal enemy.  He was offered 7 million to stay. 

All that crap a trade deadline was lip service and has Roger Clemens type odour to it.  For gods sake, why not sign with the Wings or some other team other than the Habs or the Sens for that matter.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2008, 09:36:21 am »
Sometimes lack of understanding and ignorance is a blessing.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline inco

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +29/-32
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Forester
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2008, 09:38:49 am »
He was offered seven million to continue playing with a bunch of idiots and turned them down. :o Hmmn, seems Mats is a smart guy afterall.

Stupid is as stupid does - yup that's the Leafs Management.

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2008, 11:23:56 am »
It would been better if he was traded
At least the Leafs would have gotten something for him

Yeah, except he went on about how loves Toronto and wants to end his career here and then bolts for his beloved team's mortal enemy.  He was offered 7 million to stay. 

All that crap a trade deadline was lip service and has Roger Clemens type odour to it.  For gods sake, why not sign with the Wings or some other team other than the Habs or the Sens for that matter.

You can blame the Leaf's upper Management for handling that situation. Blowed up everything to the media, have little regard to the inner feelings of their employees, including the handling of the the GM situation. If they had act in a more professional manner, do everything in house quietly, then just let the media broadcast the news, instead of letting the media run the circus show. With that kind of idiocy showing, you know what, everyone will just to tell them to 'go f*ck yourself, I ain't doing what you said'

Mats gets two big thumbs up for refuse to the trading demand.

Offline gosteelerz

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2008, 12:10:09 pm »

You can blame the Leaf's upper Management for handling that situation. Blowed up everything to the media, have little regard to the inner feelings of their employees, including the handling of the the GM situation. If they had act in a more professional manner, do everything in house quietly, then just let the media broadcast the news, instead of letting the media run the circus show.

Doing things quietly in Leaf Nation would be impossible regardless of the MLSE idiots.  Cliff Fletcher couldn't take a dump without the media knowing it.

With that kind of idiocy showing, you know what, everyone will just to tell them to 'go f*ck yourself, I ain't doing what you said'

Mats gets two big thumbs up for refuse to the trading demand.

If he really felt that way back in February, he should of had the balls to say it instead of the self-serving, I love Toronto tune.  Unfortunately in this case, the 'go
EFF yourself' also applies to the fans as well as MLSE.

I cannot defend the actions of the MLSE but he gladly took their (and lots of it) money for 14 years while knowing exactly the people that were running the show.

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2008, 12:32:18 pm »
Life go on. Mats choose to move on. Fans should remember the good times, and not bitter about his decision to perhaps choose a place where he gets a last chance to win a cup.