Author Topic: Brand loyalty  (Read 10911 times)

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
Re: Brand loyalty
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2008, 08:14:27 pm »
The vehicles in my family:

Early 80's Toyota Corona (I wasn't around)
Early 80's Dodge Colt (" "...new tranny after a trip to B.C., as my dad said)
1986 Honda Accord (One of the best cars we owned)
1989 Honda Accord (Junk.)
1984 Toyota Corolla (Got us from point A to B with no issues)
1998 Toyota Sienna (" ")
1996 Toyota Camry (" ")
2001 Honda Accord (new tranny, but good car overall)
2005 Honda Odyssey (road trip king)
2004 Acura TSX (Ties the 86' Accord...so far.)
2002 Mazda Protege 5 (Just got...:))

It looks like my dad likes Japanese vehicles....and he loves his Hondas/Toyotas.  :)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 08:16:42 pm by 2hondas »

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2008, 07:19:37 am »
I was thinking some more about this and it really is a question of dealer loyalty for me rather than brand loyalty. The 05 Maxima wasn't our first choice at the time but because of the fair treatment and superior service we had gotten from our local Nissan dealer in the past we stayed with the brand.
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2008, 07:54:19 am »
I was thinking some more about this and it really is a question of dealer loyalty for me rather than brand loyalty. The 05 Maxima wasn't our first choice at the time but because of the fair treatment and superior service we had gotten from our local Nissan dealer in the past we stayed with the brand.
I took two tries at buying a Golf from my "local" VW dealer in 1987 and again in 1995. Ignored both times so I bought the car from other dealers. But I always got it serviced at the local dealer and their servicing was always very good and they never got all crossed up that the car was not bought from them.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline Thinking Out Loud

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +19/-16
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '16 Suzuki M50 Boulevard + '19 Frontier Pro4X + 2015 Mustang EcoBoost 'vert + '09 Altima SL Coupe
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2008, 08:36:21 am »
I took two tries at buying a Golf from my "local" VW dealer in 1987 and again in 1995. Ignored both times so I bought the car from other dealers. But I always got it serviced at the local dealer and their servicing was always very good and they never got all crossed up that the car was not bought from them.

Same thing for me - and surprised at how quick the purchased-from dealership licence plate frame were switched to the servicing dealership's licence plate frames... ::)
Fortune favours the bold!

JBrill

« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2008, 09:00:04 am »

Same thing for me - and surprised at how quick the purchased-from dealership licence plate frame were switched to the servicing dealership's licence plate frames... ::)

Is this a VW thing?  I recently noticed that my service dealer switched out the license plate frame from the purchasing dealer.  When I noticed, I got myself a tdiclub.ca frame.  Hopefully they won't switch that out as well or maybe they'll change the sticker...

xviper

« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2008, 11:01:23 am »
I would consider that as illegal tampering of private property and if they didn't give you back the original frame, theft.  They can give you something but unless you agreed to he "trade", they can't take something away.  If they did any damage to the plate, bolt hole threads, that would be like vandalism.  Unless you went in for specific work on the licence plate area, no way they had any business even touching that part of the car.  I'd have great fun with the service manager and the dealer owner.  It would make for an interesting section in the evening news on a slow day.  We have a short segment on the evening news for consumer stuff.  Might not be the kind of advertising they'd want.
Better yet, submit an invoice to the dealership for advertising fees for every month they want the plate frame on your car.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2008, 11:19:26 am »
Puer Aeternus:
In Jungian analytical psychology, examples of the puer archetype include the child, young boy or adolescent. The term can also be applicable to females in which case the Latin term is puella aeterna.

Analytical psychologists suggest that some of the signs of the expression of the puer archetype in a person's life can include immaturity, narcissism, and a desire to escape into fantasy or idealism in preference to remaining with the reality of a situation.

It's just a license plate bracket.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

xviper

« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2008, 11:27:55 am »
It's just a license plate bracket.
It's just advertising .......... A multi-BILLION dollar industry each year.  So, if you want to advertise for someone for free, you go right ahead.  Can I stick a "save the trees" sign on the side of your car?  How about anti-abortion stickers?  I'll send Green Peace to your house. :-*  How's that for "reality"?

Your hovercraft seems to be listing to one side. ;)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 11:30:26 am by xviper »

Offline Thinking Out Loud

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +19/-16
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '16 Suzuki M50 Boulevard + '19 Frontier Pro4X + 2015 Mustang EcoBoost 'vert + '09 Altima SL Coupe
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2008, 12:00:42 pm »
I'm not a big fan of advertising on my vehicles generally - I specifically ask that NO decals be applied to the paint.

In the case of the frames, I just had not gotten around to taking them off before the servicing at that time.  Were removed once I got home tho!

True point to be tampering with the vehicle.  I wouldn't likely had noticed at all if I'd not approached my car from behind and noticed the difference.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2008, 03:22:31 pm »
sometimes a CIGAR is jest a good 'poke...... ;D...
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2008, 03:25:31 pm »
I would just modify it to say "Whatever VW Dealer" - is crappy, don't shop there the service is terrible.

See how quick they remove it next time you go in...

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...