Author Topic: CAW's Idea for Marketing GM Products - Remember Pearl Harbour!  (Read 30296 times)

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
Re: CAW's Idea for Marketing GM Products - Remember Pearl Harbour!
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2008, 04:50:08 pm »
Bob you ever take pictures of Domestics?

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2008, 04:52:16 pm »

ha ha  :rofl2: You lot know I talk funny!  :P

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline DockMan

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +1/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2008, 06:15:45 pm »

His car is a domestic. (Exige of course)
Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all. - John W. Gardner

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +25/-245
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2008, 06:27:01 pm »
Hate is a strong word.  Should have said dislike.  I am just amazed at the # of fanboys there are for Japanese cars.

Get over and grow up, or better just leave, your attitude and bigotry is not welcomed here.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7209
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2008, 07:00:04 pm »
^^^^C'mon now..play nice!!  Just because he has a weenie attitude that most of us disagree with, we shouldn't tell him to hit the road.

FWIW I'm a Japanese Fan Boy.  It's because every domestic I've owned except for ONE gave me loads of problems and cost me loads of money.

The Japanese cars I have owned have NEVER given me ANY problems.  EVER.  Ok..except for one bad wheel bearing on my 200,000km Echo.  Compare this to our Alero that went through several wheel bearing BEFORE it even reached 100,000kms.

I'm a fan boy because they are reliable and don't cost my a$$ in repairs...

And whether you like it or not, until only very recently, the Japanese absolutely crushed, owned and dominated the Big 3 in all areas of reliability and quality.  Now though, the Big 3 are starting to turn the corner and build cars with better quality (particularly GM interiors).  Will they have the long-term relibility of the Japanese?  Only time will tell...
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Zoo

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +1/-0
  • Always hungry..
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 HHR, 2007 Yaris, 1981 CB 750 Custom
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2008, 07:07:25 pm »
Korean cars are fine in my books.  I'm just saying that a lot of our grandfathers would be rolling over in their graves if they saw their children buying from the enemy.

Germany and Japan are not an enemy!!  Enough said!!

They were enemies of our grandfathers.  Anyway I'm just being the Devil's advocate.  I like German cars but hate  Japanese cars.  I just hate all the sheeple that automatically assume that if a car is Japanese it is reliable and if it is American it is a gas guzzling boat.

carcrazy was your grandfather Ukrainian?  I know they got pulled into both sides of the conflict.

I am driving some Japanese cars right now because they are proving to be very reliable and easy on gas. Our 1993 Jetta was getting nowhere near the milleage of our Civic and was very expensive to keep on the road due to self destrucing electronics. Friends of ours had similar experiences with their Golf and Jetta and moved on as a result. They went to some Civics and are now on a Honda minivan.

If only VW made a car that gave me the excellent driving experience I remember with the reliability that Honda and Toyota have given me.

echo7

« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2008, 07:17:06 pm »
by the way wheres drederick...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2008, 07:19:37 pm »
by the way wheres drederick...

He's spanking the monkey to the new times set by the ZR1.....I'm sure he'll be in shortly...:)

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +25/-245
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2008, 07:53:36 pm »
^^^^C'mon now..play nice!!  Just because he has a weenie attitude that most of us disagree with, we shouldn't tell him to hit the road.

FWIW I'm a Japanese Fan Boy.  It's because every domestic I've owned except for ONE gave me loads of problems and cost me loads of money.

The Japanese cars I have owned have NEVER given me ANY problems.  EVER.  Ok..except for one bad wheel bearing on my 200,000km Echo.  Compare this to our Alero that went through several wheel bearing BEFORE it even reached 100,000kms.

I'm a fan boy because they are reliable and don't cost my a$$ in repairs...

And whether you like it or not, until only very recently, the Japanese absolutely crushed, owned and dominated the Big 3 in all areas of reliability and quality.  Now though, the Big 3 are starting to turn the corner and build cars with better quality (particularly GM interiors).  Will they have the long-term relibility of the Japanese?  Only time will tell...

Sorry I cannot tolerate this behaviour. I too recognise all improvements of the big 3 and hope they succeed, I also recognize some trends with imports that need correcting, falling quality for one on late models.

Mitlov

« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2008, 09:23:59 pm »
rrocket and unctuous,

The question is not who makes the best cars, or whether US cars are competitive with Japan's best (or Germany's best), which is the point rrocket seems to be arguing.  The question is whether someone who refers to Germany and Japan as "the enemy" has (a) been living in a mineshaft for 60 years, or (b) is just plain crazy. 

Germany and Japan were our arch-enemies for about five years, sixty years ago.  They've been some of our best-buddies, though, ever since.  If you're 70, and you hated someone in high school but have been best friends with him ever since you to graduated, is he your "enemy" or your "friend"?

I've got no problem with boycotting cars from a hostile power.  If Osama Bin Laden sold a flying car that ran on CO2 and produced nothing but puppies as exhaust, I wouldn't buy it.  I do have a problem with someone who calls a good ally--a good ally for sixty years--an "enemy" because, sixty years ago, we had a war with them.

And unctuous, don't even think of lecturing me on WWII war crimes.  I'm Jewish and you're not going to tell me anything I don't already know.  But today's Germany is not the same country as 1944 Germany, which is why I have no qualms whatsoever about driving a Veedub.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2008, 09:29:50 pm »

I've got no problem with boycotting cars from a hostile power.  If Osama Bin Laden sold a flying car that ran on CO2 and produced nothing but puppies as exhaust, I wouldn't buy it. 

I would....I'd buy one.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2008, 09:35:33 pm »
I am just amazed at the # of fanboys there are for Japanese cars.

I just hate all the sheeple that automatically assume that if a car is Japanese it is reliable and if it is American it is a gas guzzling boat.

I dunno Mitlov...sounds like he's arguing the merits of Japanese vs. Domestics to me.

(as well as the crazier WWII point of view)

echo7

« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2008, 10:33:46 pm »
ice in the northpole is melting, he must have resurrected from there... ;D

Mitlov

« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2008, 10:41:31 pm »
I am just amazed at the # of fanboys there are for Japanese cars.

I just hate all the sheeple that automatically assume that if a car is Japanese it is reliable and if it is American it is a gas guzzling boat.

I dunno Mitlov...sounds like he's arguing the merits of Japanese vs. Domestics to me.

(as well as the crazier WWII point of view)

Missed that post.  Fair enough.

Still, the automatic assumptions based on nationality irk me too.  Like people presuming that the Flex is a gas-guzzler, when it's actually more fuel-efficient than most minivans.  There are trends, arguably, but there are plenty of exceptions to those trends.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 10:44:38 pm by Mitlov »

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2008, 07:39:23 am »

I've got no problem with boycotting cars from a hostile power.  If Osama Bin Laden sold a flying car that ran on CO2 and produced nothing but puppies as exhaust, I wouldn't buy it. 

I would....I'd buy one.

That actually sounds like a pretty good deal. :P
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline DockMan

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +1/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2008, 08:37:01 am »
Let's bring this conversation back to the topic of the Domestic Auto industries REAL enemies.......the UAW & CAW. (ducking and hiding). :rofl2:

UmroAyyar

« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2008, 08:46:36 am »
Let's bring this conversation back to the topic of the Domestic Auto industries REAL enemies.......the UAW & CAW. (ducking and hiding). :rofl2:

:laugh:

unctuous

« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2008, 09:34:49 am »
As I said in a previous post.  I am playing the part of Devils advocate.  The reason that these ads about Pearl Harbour may work on some of the population is because of what I described.

And Mitlov I know plently of Jewish people who will not drive German cars (ie Nazi sleds in their words) so good on you for forgiving and forgetting.

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2008, 09:48:47 am »
Am I pissed at the United States for sacking York (Toronto) during the War of 1812? 

Many Canadians would see the trashing of TO as an incentive to buy US-built cars...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 09:56:47 am by Scaerio »
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Wolfe

« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2008, 10:33:50 am »
Korean cars are fine in my books.  I'm just saying that a lot of our grandfathers would be rolling over in their graves if they saw their children buying from the enemy.

::)

"Ich bin ein Berliner." -June 26, 1963

I am also a donut.

Sie sind ein pfannkuchen, eh?