Author Topic: CAW's Idea for Marketing GM Products - Remember Pearl Harbour!  (Read 30298 times)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
Re: CAW's Idea for Marketing GM Products - Remember Pearl Harbour!
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2008, 11:47:31 am »
 8) BLUDDY FROGS................. ;)... :run:.......we need some cute BIMBO trapped inna well
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2008, 12:00:39 pm »
U'r such a pig! 

Offline Dante

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +33/-97
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 VW GTI DSG, 2011 BMW 328i xDrive 6MT, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2008, 12:19:22 pm »
What about if CAW would lobby with the domestics to start building cars that people want instead? And while at it, ask their members to do an excellent job putting the cars together.
Begging customers to buy their cars on such grounds is just ridiculous and laughable.

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2008, 12:46:20 pm »
What about if CAW would lobby with the domestics to start building cars that people want instead?

That belongs in the Friday Funnies thread.  :)

unctuous

« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2008, 01:14:29 pm »

Your grandparents fought against Subaru and Audi?  Funny, all this time, I thought the Axis powers were about fascist militarist expansion, not consumer commodities sold by private corporations to make a profit...

Hitler was the driving force behind the creation of VW, so indirectly yes.

There was a lot more to WW2 than fascist militarist expansion.

Offline Dante

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2008, 01:52:51 pm »
What about if CAW would lobby with the domestics to start building cars that people want instead?

That belongs in the Friday Funnies thread.  :)

Maybe, but I got mad last night when I was looking at the pictures of the Opel Corsa for example, not to mention the notorious good looking small cars and SUVs from Euro Ford (Fiesta, Focus, Kuga). I know Ford said they'll bring them over here in 2-3 YEARS, but this seems to me like a loooong wait. I don’t know WHEN and IF GM is planning to bring over the Corsa and the new Astra.
Can they survive that long with their current offerings? Perhaps they will, but they'll continue to lose sales, money and cut jobs. It’s too bad, but this is not the consumer’s fault but GM and Ford’s management and perhaps unions’ too.

Offline Dante

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2008, 02:04:08 pm »

Your grandparents fought against Subaru and Audi?  Funny, all this time, I thought the Axis powers were about fascist militarist expansion, not consumer commodities sold by private corporations to make a profit...

Hitler was the driving force behind the creation of VW, so indirectly yes.

There was a lot more to WW2 than fascist militarist expansion.

Going by this theory, we should be OK buying Hyundai/Kia as the Koreans weren't part of the Axis, but hold on... these cars aren't made by CAW. Oops!
Or it should only be right to buy the models made in North America?

unctuous

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2008, 02:40:49 pm »
Korean cars are fine in my books.  I'm just saying that a lot of our grandfathers would be rolling over in their graves if they saw their children buying from the enemy.

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +70/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Honda CR-V (The Green Machine)
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2008, 02:46:39 pm »
It's that kind of attitude which perpetuates hatred.  Am I pissed at the United States for sacking York (Toronto) during the War of 1812?  No.  We are supposed to learn from history but forgive as well.

Offline BlackS40

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +0/-1
  • Körglädjen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2008, 02:56:12 pm »
Korean cars are fine in my books.  I'm just saying that a lot of our grandfathers would be rolling over in their graves if they saw their children buying from the enemy.

Germany and Japan are not an enemy!!  Enough said!!

Wolfe

« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2008, 03:05:34 pm »

::)

"Ich bin ein Berliner." -June 26, 1963

Offline Dante

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2008, 03:13:02 pm »
Hey, due to circumstances, my grandfather fought against both sides during the WWII (seriously) so going by this theory, I guess I should be walking.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2008, 03:14:50 pm »

::)

"Ich bin ein Berliner." -June 26, 1963

I am also a donut.
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2008, 03:17:37 pm »

Dude/Dudette - You need some serious help.

unctuous

« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2008, 03:29:08 pm »

Germany and Japan are not an enemy!!  Enough said!!

They were enemies of our grandfathers.  Anyway I'm just being the Devil's advocate.  I like German cars but hate  Japanese cars.  I just hate all the sheeple that automatically assume that if a car is Japanese it is reliable and if it is American it is a gas guzzling boat.

carcrazy was your grandfather Ukrainian?  I know they got pulled into both sides of the conflict.

Offline Dante

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2008, 03:35:20 pm »

carcrazy was your grandfather Ukrainian?  I know they got pulled into both sides of the conflict.

Romanian.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2008, 04:07:57 pm »

What a load of :censor:.  Why are "they" the enemy now just 'cos of the past?  I know loads of German people who are embarrassed about the past, they couldn't believe when they learnt in school what some of their people did in the war. And what others stood by at let happen.

The reason that people buy Japanese cars is because of experience and word of mouth, they started buy supplying throw away cheap cars to the US market, and people found that they lasted well beyond when they should, and were more reliable than domestic product.  The Japanese manufacturing methods are different, and they work, but when they fail to be reliable over a few years, reputation and sales will go the other way, until that day, grow up and leave your bigoted views at home.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

echo7

« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2008, 04:19:49 pm »
They were enemies of our grandfathers.  Anyway I'm just being the Devil's advocate.  I like German cars but hate  Japanese cars.  I just hate all the sheeple that automatically assume that if a car is Japanese it is reliable and if it is American it is a gas guzzling boat.

[/quote]

why would you hate japanese cars? its the people who buy japanese cars you should hate, not the car. 

the sheeple that automatically assume that if a car is Japanese it is reliable and if it is American it is a gas guzzling boat

Its the N. americans who did the assumption, I guess bec of experience. Some were big3 hardcore fans and got betrayed of quality and service and so they looked the otherway. Was it the Japanese manufacturers fault that they produced reliable cars than domestics?? your hate has weak foundation
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 04:21:49 pm by echo7 »

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2008, 04:24:30 pm »
your hate has weak foundation

Concise, and well said.   :thumbup:

unctuous

« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2008, 04:42:18 pm »
Hate is a strong word.  Should have said dislike.  I am just amazed at the # of fanboys there are for Japanese cars.

Bob you ever take pictures of Domestics?