Author Topic: The Hydro 4000 - Use Water as Fuel  (Read 2474 times)

Offline DockMan

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +1/-3
    • View Profile
The Hydro 4000 - Use Water as Fuel
« on: June 13, 2008, 08:30:13 am »
Anyone Care to take a look at this.......sounds like snake oil at first glance.

http://www.hydro4000.com/ :o

PS
A girl I know in Florida sent me the link (saw it on the local news) she said that the Port St. Lucie PD was going to take some confiscated drug money and slap the unit in a couple of cruisers to test it out. Pure here-say but I do love a good rumour!
Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all. - John W. Gardner

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
Re: The Hydro 4000 - Use Water as Fuel
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 09:04:34 am »
Very clever.  So, grasshopper, you take the power of the engine, use it to generate electricity, which you then use to generate hydrogen (from distilled water), which you then use to supplement the fuel driving the engine.

Leaving aside the issue of distilled water, can anyone see any flaw in this system?
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline DockMan

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +1/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 09:16:39 am »
Seems to almost violate the First Law of Thermodynamics. ???

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 10:24:43 am »
It does indeed. remember those laws

First: You can't win.
Second: You can't break even.
Third: You can't quit the game.

#2 gets you every time.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 10:52:25 am »
Seems to almost violate the First Law of Thermodynamics. ???

Yes, but technically they *could* get away with it if the cost of releasing whatever energy is stored in the water (lol?) is low compared to the overhead...ie: the activation energy concept of exothermic chemical reactions. Like setting things on fire with a match.

But this is a crock.
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

xviper

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 10:58:06 am »
The inventor of this "process" was featured on an episode of Daily Planet a few months ago.  Daily Planet didn't actually investigate it, but rather, they simply reported it.  The "inventor" was very mysterious and disclosed nothing about his new miracle technology.  The whole thing was almost a cloak and dagger sort of thing.  It's just too fishy to be believable.  It takes a lot of energy to extract the power of the components of water.
I'm guessing that this thing is no more than a simple form of water injection, which has been shown to do the things this claims.  It's just not practical for all applications.  The best results come from forced induction applications.  Naturally aspirated applications would see very minimal benefits and I doubt the cost/benefit equation would be favourable for the end user.

Leviathan

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 01:20:11 pm »
On another site I was in an, er, exchange with a couple of fellers that fully believed that not only was it possible to net gain energy from breaking water to 2H2 & O2 and then burning it but that big oil assassins, governments and aliens were all conspiring to suppress the technology. "Free energy", they claim, will loosen the governments control over the people and aliens don't want humans advancing ::)  The gist of the technique seems to be using high voltage at low amps in some manner of switching to create a harmonic resonance to split the water without actually having a current run through the water. They further call the resulting gas HHO or Brown's gas and infer that it has special properties.

Weeding through some of the nonsense at various sites the fellers provided it seems that anyone that claimed that they had successfully built Stan Meyer's gizmo have been threatened by large men to shut up and use oil and that they can't help others because of the threats. Most of the others seem to have the same zeal for conspiracies that the two knuckleheads I ran into do. Pretty convenient, really, to claim that the technology is real but if they can't make it work then just say that it is a conspiracy that prevented them from success.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
,A
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 02:20:21 pm »
I actually built one of those, and I use HHO to heat myL:"k house, buta' ;alj;f\

laj;ogap'
;kjllj;
lkjklhjkgbv

heeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they've got me...jtopiqu[ 'alk'aa
mmmfmmmff'\

oowwwww

ao;tioja

help../

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 02:22:30 pm »
 ??? ::) WATER-LOGGED IN :P
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Leviathan

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 02:37:36 am »

Subscribed.

Mitlov

Re: ,A
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 02:49:13 am »
I actually built one of those, and I use HHO to heat myL:"k house, buta' ;alj;f\

laj;ogap'
;kjllj;
lkjklhjkgbv

heeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they've got me...jtopiqu[ 'alk'aa
mmmfmmmff'\

oowwwww

ao;tioja

help../

^  Awesome post.