Author Topic: Is this real?? (Nigeria Scam)  (Read 7299 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7216
    • View Profile
Is this real?? (Nigeria Scam)
« on: June 13, 2008, 12:21:03 am »
Please tell me this is a joke...did this lawyer guy actually get owned by the famous Nigerian Money Scam??

(Kinda funny too!!)

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=171960
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +176/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
Re: Is this real?? (Nigeria Scam)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 01:00:04 am »
Sure seems like a joke to me.

I think the funniest post was this one (#137):

"Rodger, if it will help I can beat the :censor: out of the service manager I worked with at Nissan. That way I can pay you to defend me and you will make some cash. Seems like a win win if you can get me off with no jail time."

:rofl:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7216
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 01:14:58 am »
Lawyer too.....Man..how do you get out of law school if you're this dumb...

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 06:37:16 am »
Most of them just memorize well.
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 08:51:00 am »
Some people can be blinded by greed.   It doesn't matter if they are smart or not.

Offline jcon

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 08:57:36 am »

My buddies motto in Law School was "C's get degrees"

He's not dumb, just lazy.

However having dealt with lawyers recently over our move, I'm completely shocked at their lack of professionalism. Only communicate via email and never address us personally. Spelling mistakes galore and Saffy-esque writing style. The difference is Saffy does it on internet forum and this is supposed to be professional communication.

Mitlov - you must know of some colleagues that bring the curve down?

---------------------

I think this story is a hoax, but quite funny.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 09:09:42 am »
That's all pretty amusing.  I'm always amazed that people are taken in by these scams. 

We had someone steal a cheque from our office, and they tried several of these scams, where they'd use forged cheques on our account to 'overpay' for things, and then ask the seller to refund the money.  It was fairly bizarre, and a major pain in the ass.  But still, if someone 'overpays' you by $12,000, wouldn't that set off an alarm bell in your head?
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 09:44:26 am »
Most of them just memorize well.
Railton
A friend of mine, a Waterloo mathy ( and brilliant programmer)  who then went on to Law school said that he looked for the
If-then-else constructs in laws and from that,  worked out the structure of the law  as it was less work than actually having to learn the whole thing.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

weebl

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 11:12:04 am »
LMAO, the whole thread looks like a joke.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 01:24:20 pm »
"saffyesque style"......CAN I SUE...1-800.FAR QMEE.........why is no one callin' me to tha BAR.............Ok I'll have a triple sheez U're payin..... :drool: :fall: :flowers:...

I have a Corpse......so I'm safe from Latins....... ;)
Time is to stop everything happening at once

baumer00

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 01:57:38 pm »

However having dealt with lawyers recently over our move, I'm completely shocked at their lack of professionalism. Only communicate via email and never address us personally. Spelling mistakes galore and Saffy-esque writing style. The difference is Saffy does it on internet forum and this is supposed to be professional communication.

---------------------

Real estate transactions such as yours are the lowest form of legal work and are not done by a lawyer, they are supposed to be reviewed by a lawyer but are almost entirely completed by legal clerks.

Getting a C in law school is terrible (especially considering almost all law schools have a B curve), you will not be able to get a coveted bay street job (however, not everyone covets this) and will likely end up doing real estate law or personal injury type of work.

This guy in the US may in fact be a lawyer, however, be advised that there are hundreds of law schools in the US and are divided into many tiers, this guy likely graduated from a lower tier.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 02:26:11 pm »
tiers fer Lawyers..... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(.......there's a FIRST..... :stick:......."NOW this guy dissed me onna Car Site..can I sue fer aggregrate OR Salt???"......my shaker is runnin' LOW.... ;D,,,

BJB wot think U of this "HUMAN RIGHTS/COMISSION" Fiasco????? that is playing out across CANADA...........a JOKE right!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 02:28:20 pm by safristi »

Offline Schmengie

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +27/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 02:33:43 pm »
Obviously this thread is a TOTAL joke, but the thought of a lawyer getting scammed...... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl: :rofl:
' Saw an Alfalfa Romeeo go by - furrin sports car forty feet long, mebbe nine inches high.' - Charlie Farquharson

baumer00

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 03:11:07 pm »
tiers fer Lawyers..... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(.......there's a FIRST..... :stick:......."NOW this guy dissed me onna Car Site..can I sue fer aggregrate OR Salt???"......my shaker is runnin' LOW.... ;D,,,

BJB wot think U of this "HUMAN RIGHTS/COMISSION" Fiasco????? that is playing out across CANADA...........a JOKE right!!!!!

Wow, I've been pretty busy at work, but I have no idea what "human rights commission" fiasco you're talking about
*looks around the room feeling kinda dumb*

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 03:35:36 pm »
I don't know what Saf is talkin' about either, ... but don't think an apology is not needed?

Saw on 60 Minutes a while back, a guy who does the actual e-mail scams, said some of the victims were highly educated, including doctors and lawyers.

JVan

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 04:58:48 pm »
A friend of mine was about to be fooled by one of these scams, I tried to tell him but he just wouldn't listen, the deal was too "good". It almost ended in a physical altercation, but he ended up listening to me. Not like it mattered, the next week he bought a car from Alberta for 5 grand and he has spent another 5 on it and it still isn't on the road yet. I told him not to buy this car a few times but had to learn himself.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 05:55:07 pm »
 ???SERIOUSLY!!!! NO one here has heard about the Canadian HUMAN RIGHTS tribunals & Commisions.... operating under the "LAW"......well Oil Beef O'ct......... :'( :'( :'(...there goes our Country.... :'( :'( :'( :'( :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :think: :think: :think: :fall: :halffro: :eye: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 06:20:16 pm »
???SERIOUSLY!!!! NO one here has heard about the Canadian HUMAN RIGHTS tribunals & Commisions.... operating under the "LAW"......well Oil Beef O'ct......... :'( :'( :'(...there goes our Country.... :'( :'( :'( :'( :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :think: :think: :think: :fall: :halffro: :eye: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Saffy: should we start posting links?  These HRCs are the biggest threat to our democracy in years.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 06:26:54 pm »
..sure ..Links...why NOT these lil PIGGIES should be BLOWN AWAY...... :(...

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 06:32:56 pm »

---------------------

Real estate transactions such as yours are the lowest form of legal work and are not done by a lawyer, they are supposed to be reviewed by a lawyer but are almost entirely completed by legal clerks.

Getting a C in law school is terrible (especially considering almost all law schools have a B curve), you will not be able to get a coveted bay street job (however, not everyone covets this) and will likely end up doing real estate law or personal injury type of work.

This guy in the US may in fact be a lawyer, however, be advised that there are hundreds of law schools in the US and are divided into many tiers, this guy likely graduated from a lower tier.

To paraphrase John Cleese.
I look up to him because he got an A in Law school and works on Bay street,   I got a B and work for a major corporation so  I look down on him as he only got a C and does real estate and personal injury.

I am interested in this B curve thing.  I imagine it means that all the female students are trim and attractive and all the men have man boobs ?    :o