Author Topic: Two phrases that destroyed America...  (Read 3300 times)

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
Two phrases that destroyed America...
« on: June 11, 2008, 05:46:13 pm »
I could not agree more...

http://www.violentacres.com/archives/59/two-phrases-that-destroyed-american-culture?1

Warning, the f-word is printed in this, so if your're delicate, don't click...

Offline The Mighty Duck

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +34/-44
  • f*** that duck
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 MINI Cooper S | Past: 1999 Honda Civic, 2009 Honda Fit
Re: Two phrases that destroyed America...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 05:52:02 pm »
:fiver:
Furthermore, instead of suffering negative repercussions for their appallingly disrespectful behavior, they are awarded with free coupons and plenty of ass kissing. In reality, they should be shunned and humiliated for behaving like such self absorbed little children.

:rofl2:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7216
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 05:58:09 pm »
Great article!!  I'm similar to the writer..in that I'll usually say what I'm thinking...especially to people being assholes! 

I'll have to read more of her articles...she could be my long lost sister..separated at birth!
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

wannabe4x4ing

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 07:00:01 pm »
So true.

When I was younger I did a stint working in an oil change shop. One time, this guy came in, took a look at me and said: "I don't really want a girl under my truck."

To which my boss said: "I don't really want a dick in my garage. Have a nice day, sir."

I was so happy that he stood up for me. It wasn't the first time he'd have to defend against the fact that I don't have male genitalia, but he never failed to do so when the issue came up. I'd go back and work for him in an instant, if I needed a second job.

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 08:41:44 pm »
To which my boss said: "I don't really want a dick in my garage. Have a nice day, sir."

:fiver:
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-384
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 09:10:44 pm »
Very true. The "always right" was made up by profit hungry hoes. They didnt care how much crap the workers would have to take to pay for their private jets.
I really enjoyed the moment when a customer made a scene trying to return some old broken piece of shyte with no receipt whatsoever at Home Depot and the manager "returned" it where it really belonged, to the garbage bin. You should have seen that a-hole after that  ;D
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline gosteelerz

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +1/-4
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Mustang V6 2007 Focus
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 09:21:50 pm »
This reminds me of an article read a couple of months ago.  It was heavily discussed on the digg site.

http://positivesharing.com/2008/03/top-5-reasons-why-the-customer-is-always-right-is-wrong/

Offline JSCC

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 11:20:53 pm »
This reminds me of an article read a couple of months ago.  It was heavily discussed on the digg site.

http://positivesharing.com/2008/03/top-5-reasons-why-the-customer-is-always-right-is-wrong/

When I first started in the service industry, I tried my best to fulfill "ALL" customer demands, even unreasonable ones, I thought it was the best and only way to serve customers.
Over the years, I have gained more experience and now know which customers that "should" be blown out the door. :D
Customers that demand the lowest price and complain even before buying a car WILL become nightmare customers after the deal is closed.
2011 MB C300 4Matic (Tenorite Grey)
2010 MB C300 4Matic (Iridium Silver)
2002 VW Jetta 1.8T GLS Sport Luxury Leather package

Mitlov

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 12:24:10 am »
When I was younger I did a stint working in an oil change shop. One time, this guy came in, took a look at me and said: "I don't really want a girl under my truck."

For.  The.  Win.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 07:53:32 am »
There's an amusing site, notalwaysright.com, that has daily posts of 'customer' service stories.  Some of the things that people ask, and expect, are stunning.  There are an awful lot of rude people, and fortunately, there are some bosses and owners who won't put up with it.
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline toolatecrew

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +16/-25
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium 5 speed with Handling Pack, 2007 Nissan Senta 6 speed
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 08:47:56 am »
I always thought the two phrases that destoyed America were:

"I'm voting for Bush"

and
"I'm voting for Bush AGAIN"

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-384
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 08:57:21 am »
I always thought the two phrases that destoyed America were:

"I'm voting for Bush"

and
"I'm voting for Bush AGAIN"

Too bad Dick Chaney is not an option.  ::)

Offline toolatecrew

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +16/-25
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium 5 speed with Handling Pack, 2007 Nissan Senta 6 speed
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 09:45:38 am »
Couldn't agree more with this article. Many companies enable and even make this behaviour by customers worse because of competition. Markets are so competitive now that customers often say "If you won't take poo from me and let me treat you like a dog your competitor will" My company is quite adept at this. Fortunatley we have many good customers who are not like that but we have some big ones that the more you service them the more they expect, the more integre=at you become into their workflow the more work they want to download onto us that truly is not ours and the more important you become in their daily operations the more you become a convenient scapegoat for every problem within their organization.

Plus they want a loyalty discount for the privilege of eating more of their poo every year.

I can say that I see this eating away at the service for other clients because you become so stressed from holding your tongue with this client that when a good client complains you think you can't take one more thing.

ghost

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 11:40:49 am »
I thought the words were "Mission Accomplished".  ;D

So true.

Nicely done! I'd love to have a female working down under my cars!  :heart:

Offline Cord

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +104/-115
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 04:39:59 pm »
Good article. I suspect that service industry line workers have felt that way for years. I recently read that for the first time more Canadians work in the service industry than work in manufacturing. As that trend continues, I think the author's attitude will become more prevalent. (At least I hope it does.)
"If we can just believe something then we don't have to really think for ourselves, do we?" Paul Haggis

Offline CyberNick

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda 6 GT, 2007 Mazda 6 GT
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 11:17:10 pm »
That article was not bad, so I browsed the author’s site and other articles and found this little gem… enjoy…

Pet Peeve #2: Tailgaters
Since I’ve been driving, I’ve done this more times than I can count. Technically, I’ve caused many traffic accidents. Legally, however, I’m in the clear since when you rear end someone, it’s always your fault. A person has got to maintain a safe following distance. Besides, the look on someone’s face when they finally realize that their aggressive driving just cost them more time is very satisfying.

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

vdk

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 11:44:08 pm »
That article was not bad, so I browsed the author’s site and other articles and found this little gem… enjoy…

Pet Peeve #2: Tailgaters
Since I’ve been driving, I’ve done this more times than I can count. Technically, I’ve caused many traffic accidents. Legally, however, I’m in the clear since when you rear end someone, it’s always your fault. A person has got to maintain a safe following distance. Besides, the look on someone’s face when they finally realize that their aggressive driving just cost them more time is very satisfying.

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

What a temperamental little b***h...  ;D funny s***t though...  :rofl2:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7216
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 11:50:54 pm »
^Yea..She's pretty sweet....

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 01:03:50 am »
I enjoyed reading the article, the two examples are far too common, kinda sad.

I grew up in the restaurant business, started working in parent's restaurant since 13, worked in restaurants and nigth clubs as waiter/cook/bartender during University, mostly good experience, not too many bad incidents.

That changed a few years ago, when I got involved in Franchise FastFood. I never though that people can be so rude and so dumb ... on both sides of the counter. That experience left me with a super bad taste for the industry. Incidents I had been involved with made the two examples seem normal.

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2008, 01:14:08 pm »
I thought the phrase is "Would you like fries with that?"