Author Topic: Motoring 2008 online, finally.  (Read 7165 times)

robarakira

Motoring 2008 online, finally.
« on: May 28, 2008, 10:02:09 pm »
The best Canadian automotive show has finally improved its website... though I think it's still in progress - buffering time can be horrid.

http://www.motoringtv.com/index.php

And, if you didn't already know, http://www.drivingtelevision.com is also around.

Of course there's also http://www.canadiandriver.com/video/index.htm and competitor http://www.auto123.com/en/multimedia/videos.

And the more demographically-specific http://outdrive.ca/

Not bad for a country with shows lacking BBC-level funding.

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
Re: Motoring 2008 online, finally.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 08:42:53 am »
Motoring is running off our server and I have the secret back door key :P hehehehehe.  But nothing to do with the site -- except that news feed.

robarakira

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 03:51:07 pm »
Motoring is running off our server and I have the secret back door key :P hehehehehe.  But nothing to do with the site -- except that news feed.

Do you know if they'll be uploading all archived videos?  I'd be great to view them all, going way back..

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 05:59:43 pm »
No idea

Offline Schmengie

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +27/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 05:25:27 pm »
 All the links take you to the same Smart Car review. Why the @#^$ didn't they get the bugs sorted out before they went live??? Lame. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
' Saw an Alfalfa Romeeo go by - furrin sports car forty feet long, mebbe nine inches high.' - Charlie Farquharson

Cortina

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 09:06:40 pm »
I do like some parts of the show. But I do find it a lot of waffle. I just wish they would have more than one car review in a half hour show. :)

xviper

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 09:26:58 pm »
I do like some parts of the show. But I do find it a lot of waffle. I just wish they would have more than one car review in a half hour show. :)
I don't know if I can take more than one of Graham's little head bobs to get the car going just before he drives off camera.  It's as if he thinks he's sitting in a soap box racer and needs the head bob to get rolling.
Hey, Graham .......................... the thing's got an engine.  Use it!   ;)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 03:18:56 pm »
..Wing ...gotta backdoor KEY to DAGMAR's new place.......... :banana: :think: :light: :bow2: :lick: :inlove: :shuffle: :drool:...........
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 03:21:25 pm by safristi »
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 03:23:27 pm »
Dagmar is back?

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 03:29:44 pm »
..Yeah she's locked in my basement Id..........read Wings Post above.... :bang: :pimp:
  and take TWO COLD SHOWERS and call me inna mornin'........ ;D

xviper

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2008, 03:30:22 pm »

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2008, 04:47:24 pm »
She took off ... and still is off Canuck land  :-[ :-[ ... our miss, their gain.

In April of 2007, Midcap became the weather and traffic anchor for the WGCL-TV Better Mornings morning show in Atlanta, Georgia. She is now the main weather anchor for WGCL-TV, doing forecasts during the late afternoon and evening newscasts. This is despite lack of meteorlogical training that is common for TV weather anchors in the United States.

Didn't know there is training involved for that.  :)

xviper

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2008, 07:08:24 pm »
As long as we're on the subject of TV car show hostesses, I think Motoring really needs a good looking hostess.  Brad's OK, but he needs a better looking half to be more competitive with the other Canadian TV auto shows.  Graham is sorta OK, but he's really very quirky.  Bill Gardner?  He pulls it off but not quite as refined as say, Pat Goss (Motorweek) from south of the border.  Bill could use some rehearsing before he does his bit so he doesn't appear to be almost forgetting his lines.  And Jim?  I hang onto every word when he does his bit.  I don't always agree with him, but I do listen to what he says.
Now, back to the girls ................ Dagmar is simply gorgeous (ever see her boudoir pics?), but there's something about her that kinda scares me.  She looks like she could suck the print off a billiard ball.  Then there's Karen on "New Driver's Seat".  She got quite the rack, but I think she's out of her element.  She can't quite pull it off as being someone who knows anything about cars and she always looks so bored on the show.  Finally, there's Lacey on "Driving Television" out of Vancouver.  She's was formerly Miss Calgary.  I like her best.  She's kinda like the really good looking girl next door who just happens to have an interest in cars.

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2008, 09:57:29 pm »
I would like to see a female face on Motoring as well. But if they actually add a female host, and if she is more than 25% as annoying as Jennifer Hedger, I will have a difficult time watching the show.

xviper

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2008, 11:13:06 pm »
And on the topic of TSN....  It's too bad that Motoring has to be shown on TSN.  I routinely record it and watch it later.  However, at the slightest inclination by TSN, Motoring is pre-empted for some "special" sports event.  :'(  I could care less about some sports event.  I'd rather Motoring was picked up by another network - one that puts it on a designated time slot and leaves it there.  Motoring is the only show I watch on TSN.

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2008, 12:24:44 am »
At least it is available in HD. I watch it regularly, recorded... good thing there is PVR. Also watch Speed TV as well, Supercar Exposed, TestDrive (more like a long commercial) ...

xviper

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2008, 12:31:26 am »
TestDrive (more like a long commercial) ...
No kidding!  How can that Jimmy guy say that every car he drives on every show is the "best"?  :winner:  I guess that's what he gets paid to say.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 12:38:11 am by xviper »

robarakira

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 11:31:00 pm »
at the slightest inclination by TSN, Motoring is pre-empted for some "special" sports event.  :'(

So true. 

TSN is a bad momma

Offline The Fuzz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1/-2
  • Will not fix tickets for donuts, carrots or b**bs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2008, 10:13:39 am »
Finally, there's Lacey on "Driving Television" out of Vancouver.  She's was formerly Miss Calgary.  I like her best.  She's kinda like the really good looking girl next door who just happens to have an interest in cars.

:iagree:

I enjoy Motoring far more than Driving TV but I am compelled to watch D-TV every time I stumble across it for some reason.
Everyone hates us until they need us.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2008, 05:03:55 pm »
 trippin' ovr it ya olde dogge U....