Author Topic: Somebody tell me why the Volvo owner/driver was not guilty of causing death?  (Read 8988 times)

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
I believe that is on the lakefront area. Huge PITA in that area around Beaches and Humber. bicycles and skaters on the boardwalk and people walking on bicycle path.

Yes....Ashbridges Bay. I'm shocked at the number of people that will walk on the bike path with children then get mad that bikes/bladers are going by them all the time when they have a perfectly good boardwalk 10 feet away.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
..I fondly remember the Toronto of 25 plus years ago as having many bike friendly trails......from the Edwards Gardens to the beaches...along the lakeshore and up the Humber.....along ravines and High Park area.. many little local nooks and crannies......Man
 was I LUCKY................. :-\
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
Those trails are still there but nothing more after 25 years. How sad is that.  :'(

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
 ::)Well I PERSONALLY BUILT those wif my bleeding hands...wot have U lot DONE..... :bang: >:D

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
If I had a rocket launcher.....

So I yell at this guy that is driving (1kph) in my bike lane. He actually rolls down his window and says "sorry" but keeps on talking. He then says "Its really difficult because the traffic is busy".

I respond with "How hard is it to drive straight in the lane going 5kph?"

He keeps stating the fact that the traffic is busy.

Then I'm about 3/4 the way home and I see some dog standing in the middle of the path. Then I notice the leash stretched out 10-15 feet from the owner-dog. I yell ahead (as I don't want to run over the dog) and they yell at me. I suggest they shorten the leash so the dog doesn't stand on the path but again but they just yell back at me.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
Last time I wanted a bike I read in the "bike book" that it is safe for you having the traffic behind to run over small animals  ;D  ... Then you could sue the owner-dog for repair costs and emotional damages  ::)
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
Is there any update about the original post?

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
Update:

A motorist who killed a cyclist with her car door as he rode along a Toronto street is facing a charge that carries the same $110 fine riders face for not having a bell on their bike.

http://www.torontosun.com/News/TorontoAndGTA/2008/06/28/6011536-sun.html

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
 ??? ::) woz HE/SHE/IT wearing a bikini thong :P... :ttiwwp:

Offline Iso Octane

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +0/-3
  • to the beat of the different drum
    • View Profile
So I was getting ready to pull out of a parking space... signaling, shoulder check, mirror check, head on a swivel, shoulder check again.  Now I'm looking forward and slowly creeping the car out of the spot.

Lemme check one last time just to be gosh darn egging sure, and WHAT THE FRACK a bicycle whizzes by!?!  ::)

Couldn't have been more than a second or two since my last mirror/shoulder check.  I mean c'mon! Have some life preservating common sense FFS.  Unlike a gigantic car with a predictable path that you can spot from half a kilometre away, a tiny bicycle can come and go from view within a second. 

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
a tiny bicycle can come and go from view within a second. 

Exactly. When I commuted by bike I found that wearing a bright yellow MEC overjacket made a night and day difference as far as vehicles went. On the motorcycle I have a bright yellow overvest, and again, big difference.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
... :shuffle:...tiny bicycles...well he deserves a GOOD smackin'...... ::) :P

Offline Iso Octane

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +0/-3
  • to the beat of the different drum
    • View Profile
they are too busy talking on their cell phone or listening to their ipod to worry about these silly little issues.     ::)
Same (more) could be said of drivers.  We just all need to cooperate out there...

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
..Huh.....wotyasayin..........

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
It's every man for himself out there.