Author Topic: Want to buy a new scooter! need advice  (Read 2313 times)

malih

Want to buy a new scooter! need advice
« on: May 20, 2008, 07:39:24 pm »
Well i'm planning on buying a scooter this week cause the gas prices have just been ridiculous.  I've never owned one before so I don't know which one to pick.  I've been debating between the, KEEWAY FACT-50, Chironex chase 50, and the cpi oliver city 50.   Can anyone tell me which one of these would be the best buy.  I'm concerned mostly with reliability, top speed would help also. 

UmroAyyar

Re: Want to buy a new scooter! need advice
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 07:43:34 pm »

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 09:10:53 pm »
I'd like to thank everyone here who has bought or plan on buying a fuel efficient alternative as it first, teaches the big oil a lesson and hopefully will cap the raising price on gas; and second, saves the environment.
I'm not familiar with the ones you mention but can testify that any Japanese scooter is pro'lly one of the most reliable set of wheels one can have.
Check out this one:
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/150/0/home.aspx
I suppose it is reasonable to ask a local dealer to give you an American price since even the latter is subject to negotiation in States.
I like scooters since they are small, quiet, easy to park and always ready to go. Do get a shopping basket in front   ;)
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 09:14:26 pm »
What's your budget?

Yamaha has a "rugged" model called the BW50 I've ridden several times (with and without a big bore kit).  Was great fun.  I've ridden the Vino as well.  Stylish. I've ridden a Kymco (not sure which one..was their sportiest offering though..I forget the name).

By far the fastest 50cc scooter I've ridden was an Aprilia SR50R. 96 km/h!! Big money top buy over here though.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 09:19:46 pm »
Yamaha Passol , Yamaha Beluga (yes it was big  ;D), Honda Lead was probably the craziest among the names I can recall.
There was also a Kawasaki on fat wheels with no clutch but manual gearbox.
In one episode of American Chopper they did smth to the muffler to make a 50cc really go.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 09:24:05 pm »
The Honda Ruckus is REALLY cool.  I predict that will be the "tuner" scooter in the future.  It's just so cool.

malih

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 10:37:32 am »
I went to the dealer last night and bought my new scooter...  I will post pictures of it later on today I had deposited money to get the Green chironex chase and changed my mind at the end.  I still believe either one is a great buy, but this one was just more fun to ride!!

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 05:06:54 pm »
The image is rather small....what kind of scooter did you buy?  Details please!!

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 05:15:49 pm »
Read AUTOEXTReMISTS  this weekend on scooters quite a hoot...........if it's NOT already on yer FAVE LIST........google it and add it TODAY....... :light:
Time is to stop everything happening at once