Author Topic: Seen on the Weekend Thread  (Read 327409 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7215
    • View Profile
Re: Seen on the Weekend Thread
« Reply #1380 on: September 19, 2021, 05:15:18 pm »
Newer R8 V10 cruising beside me...black with Red interior.

Sounds amazing
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +256/-775
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #1381 on: September 19, 2021, 07:58:09 pm »
Newer R8 V10 cruising beside me...black with Red interior.

Sounds amazing

There is a yellow one with red interior here that I saw on the weekend. License plate is LUVINIT. Hope he owns some McDs franchises.  ;D

Offline DriverJeff

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +181/-628
    • View Profile
    • Echo Bay Media
  • Cars: Whatever I'm assigned for the week + '13 Lexus GX460, '86 Toyota MR2, '18 Kawasaki Z900RS SE, 2021 Jeep Wrangler (GF's)
« Reply #1382 on: September 20, 2021, 11:29:02 am »
Seen a lot of C8's recently, but one stood out, red, without the rear wing. Looked a much cleaner design.

The C8 is very colour sensitive IMHO, it looks awful in some colours, and great in others.

Agreed 100%.  And the spoiler does absolutely nothing to improve its look.

I spotted one yesterday stopped at a red light just as a black AMG GT came up beside it.  The Mercedes had so much more presence.  The more I see the C8, the less I like them (and yet, the more I see C6s and C7s, the more I like the look of 'em).
The past:00 BMW M Rdstr, 19 Jetta, 15 Ducati Scrambler, 09 Triumph Bonneville, 98 Boxster, 17 Kawi Z900, 05 LS 430, 99 LS 400, 17 Subaru STI, 14 Triumph STR, 15 WRX, 09 Ducati Monster 1100,  08 335i, 06 Suzuki SV650S, 06 330i, 06 MX-5, 04 Audi A4, 03 Suzuki SV650S, 98 328i, 93 Civic Si, 85 Corolla

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #1383 on: September 20, 2021, 11:30:34 am »
Seen a lot of C8's recently, but one stood out, red, without the rear wing. Looked a much cleaner design.

The C8 is very colour sensitive IMHO, it looks awful in some colours, and great in others.

I spotted one yesterday stopped at a red light just as a black AMG GT came up beside it.  The Mercedes had so much more presence. The more I see the C8, the less I like them (and yet, the more I see C6s and C7s, the more I like the look of 'em).

I came to that conclusion months ago, Jeff.  Thanks for finally catching up.  ;) :rofl2:

Offline DriverJeff

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Echo Bay Media
  • Cars: Whatever I'm assigned for the week + '13 Lexus GX460, '86 Toyota MR2, '18 Kawasaki Z900RS SE, 2021 Jeep Wrangler (GF's)
« Reply #1384 on: September 20, 2021, 11:38:45 am »

I spotted one yesterday stopped at a red light just as a black AMG GT came up beside it.  The Mercedes had so much more presence. The more I see the C8, the less I like them (and yet, the more I see C6s and C7s, the more I like the look of 'em).

I came to that conclusion months ago, Jeff.  Thanks for finally catching up.  ;) :rofl2:

LOL...  I was really trying to warm up to them, but it just ain't working.    ;D

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #1385 on: September 20, 2021, 02:37:27 pm »

LOL...  I was really trying to warm up to them, but it just ain't working.    ;D

I just think they look like a cheap McLaren, like it's trying too hard.

I also think the C7 is in some sort of weird forgotten limbo of, different enough to make the regular 'vette fans hate it (Camaro lights!), and yet immediately overshadowed by the C8's radical design departure.

IMHO neither look as good as a C6 Z06.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2123
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #1386 on: September 20, 2021, 04:28:51 pm »

I also think the C7 is in some sort of weird forgotten limbo of, different enough to make the regular 'vette fans hate it (Camaro lights!), and yet immediately overshadowed by the C8's radical design departure.

100% with you, I thought the C5 and C6 were the best looking vettes since the 1960s. The 7 and 8 do absolutely nothing for me. To me, the Z06 Carbon would be my ideal Vette

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7215
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: September 20, 2021, 04:30:46 pm »

Yep..probably the best, most raw Corvette

Offline DriverJeff

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Echo Bay Media
« Reply #1388 on: September 21, 2021, 11:19:17 am »

Spot-on.  A "cheap McLaren"!  Exactly! 

C5s look like a Corvette that was left out in the sun too long and started to melt.  Never really a fan of them.  They're a hell of a bargain right now though, relatively speaking.

Offline valuator

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +36/-115
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Pilot TrailSport, 2015 Outback 3.6R, 2012 BMW 128i
« Reply #1389 on: September 21, 2021, 01:07:54 pm »
I tend to agree that C6 Z06 was the Corvette high water mark, at least as someone who grew up looking at the C4 and C5 generations and didn't love them.  The C8 doesn't do much for me from an aesthetic perspective now that I've seen them in person.

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: September 23, 2021, 12:17:52 pm »

Not work, not weekend but I was off work so ...

I came across this lovely Canadian 1972 Meteor Rideau 500 sedan. Sadly it had been hit by hail damage but otherwise lovely. I later found the for sale ad. They want $2500 which seems fair.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/lethbridge/1972-mercury-meteor-rideau-500/1586499218

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #1391 on: September 23, 2021, 05:17:33 pm »

C5s look like a Corvette that was left out in the sun too long and started to melt.  Never really a fan of them.  They're a hell of a bargain right now though, relatively speaking.

To be fair a McLaren is also 3 times the price. The C8 is really colour dependent though.  I do agree about the C6 Z06 and I'd take one over either a C8 or a McLaren.  Might even be worth it even with the crazy asking prices lately.   :-\

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #1392 on: September 24, 2021, 09:02:49 am »

To be fair a McLaren is also 3 times the price. The C8 is really colour dependent though.  I do agree about the C6 Z06 and I'd take one over either a C8 or a McLaren.  Might even be worth it even with the crazy asking prices lately.   :-\

Yeah but the problem is I see the oncoming headlights and think 'oooh McLaren!', and then, 'oh, it's just a C8...'

It wouldn't be a problem if they didn't make it look like a cheap McLaren, they could have made it more original looking, but it looks like a kit car copy (from a distance). Everyone else manages to make unique looking sports cars, don't know why their designers couldn't.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #1393 on: September 24, 2021, 02:22:04 pm »
They do look similar for sure.  To me the C8 looks like what i figured it would.  They can't stray too far from the dna i suppose.  Anyways, first thing this morning, almost as soon as I got on the hwy, I saw a C8 approaching in the passing lane, so I got a pretty good look as it passed by and it looked pretty darn good.  It was the nicer red colour though, which makes a huge difference to my eyes.   The red you posted above is the one that makes it look cheap imo.   Also, ditch the spoiler and it would look much better.

Anyways, to each their own.  I'd still go for a C6 Z06.  Maybe next year. :D

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: September 28, 2021, 12:30:28 am »
My neighbours son gave him this...we offered him 3X what he paid for it! ($0 X 3 = ... :think: - hmm...$0  :shuffle: :pimp:)
Looks nice, but the cab corners are made of what sounds like a couple inches of bondo. 

Too bad it's a long bed...

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: September 28, 2021, 12:50:51 am »
That looks nice. Would be worth something around here.

Offline DriverJeff

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Echo Bay Media
« Reply #1396 on: September 30, 2021, 12:31:31 pm »
Anyways, to each their own.  I'd still go for a C6 Z06.  Maybe next year. :D

And I'll be waiting for you to grow tired of it in a few years and sell it to me.  ;) 

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #1397 on: October 03, 2021, 10:35:22 pm »
Spotted on Sunday: 1949 DeSoto Custom.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #1398 on: October 03, 2021, 10:51:01 pm »
FIL brought his Olds out for a drive. Went for a short tour with the family with the older Junior behind the wheel. He absolutely loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline Serniter

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +40/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Lexus ES350, 2024 Mazda CX90
« Reply #1399 on: October 04, 2021, 07:30:09 am »
^^Beautiful car!