Author Topic: Seen on the Weekend Thread  (Read 327174 times)

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
Re: Seen on the Weekend Thread
« Reply #720 on: March 03, 2019, 06:25:57 pm »

I don't understand some people.

Me either....why would anyone wait in the car. :)

Haha...Good one.

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #721 on: March 03, 2019, 09:09:49 pm »
Barbie was in the Byward Market area today...
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline Golly

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +12/-10
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 05 Miata, 16 Malibu Premier, 19 Buick Enclave Avenir
« Reply #722 on: March 04, 2019, 12:13:38 am »
I'm waiting in the car while the mrs is in the grocery store. CX-5 pulls into the parking lot, drives through 4 empty spaces with no cars around it to only park 4 spots closer to the doors in a spot crowded with other cars beside it. Also the time it took them to park between the other cars they could have parked and walked that far. I don't understand some people.
We were touring Quebec years ago with another couple. My "buddy" was driving and we pull into a strip mall, with tons of empty parking spots. So where does he park? In one spot between 2 cars  :banghead:

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #723 on: March 04, 2019, 07:17:33 am »
I'm waiting in the car while the mrs is in the grocery store. CX-5 pulls into the parking lot, drives through 4 empty spaces with no cars around it to only park 4 spots closer to the doors in a spot crowded with other cars beside it. Also the time it took them to park between the other cars they could have parked and walked that far. I don't understand some people.
We were touring Quebec years ago with another couple. My "buddy" was driving and we pull into a strip mall, with tons of empty parking spots. So where does he park? In one spot between 2 cars  :banghead:

I always see really dumb stuff when I'm waiting for my wife while she's shopping, usually at the grocery store.  The dumbest are the ones in oversize vehicles (usually old guys) that come in to a parking lot with swaths of empty spaces available and do all these complicated maneuvers to back into a space when they could simply drive through to the opposing space and be done with it in one easy move.  I never back my truck into a parking space.  Never have to. 
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 07:19:51 am by KD »

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +309/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera, 2019 Honda Passport
« Reply #724 on: March 04, 2019, 08:06:13 am »

Are you sure that's just not your new ride?  :stick:  :rofl2:  :run:
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +290/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #725 on: March 04, 2019, 08:08:51 am »
I always see really dumb stuff when I'm waiting for my wife while she's shopping, usually at the grocery store.  The dumbest are the ones in oversize vehicles (usually old guys) that come in to a parking lot with swaths of empty spaces available and do all these complicated maneuvers to back into a space when they could simply drive through to the opposing space and be done with it in one easy move.  I never back my truck into a parking space.  Never have to.

I hate people who pull through spots. I’ve had enough close calls with people pulling through into spots I tried parking in properly.

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 04, 2019, 08:12:37 am »
We got to see our neighbours house burn.  The FD got it out before it got too bad, but me thinks it's bad enough the smoke and FD damage may take months to repair, if it's not a complete write off.  Chimney fire.  Fire place - he said it was approved. Used it a dozen times already this winter.  I'm looking at it and thinking no effin' way.  There's an A-vent chimney sticking out the top...whoever approved it shouldn't have.  Oh well...good thing they were home or it would've been a whole lot worse, for the house anyway.  Good thing they have insurance.  Hope no one starts a GoFund me for them.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #727 on: March 04, 2019, 09:02:57 am »

I hate people who pull through spots. I’ve had enough close calls with people pulling through into spots I tried parking in properly.

Finding a spot you can pull through is the preferred way of parking, according to my Young Drivers teacher 20 years ago.  It completely eliminates the risky maneuver of reversing. 

Reversing INTO a spot is the 2nd preferred way, and is what I do the rest of the time. 

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 04, 2019, 09:35:47 am »
PITA though when you got a cart full of groceries and have to pull out into the lane to load it because you can't get into your trunk because you backed into the spot.

Maybe, just maybe there was good room between the two cars, and it affords you some protection from some a-hole who decides your car is parked all alone, so I'm going to park beside you real close so you aren't alone after all.  Though even that doesn't save you.  I parked between two cars that were far apart with lots of room, went in to Wally World to get a bday card...came out 5 minutes later.  One car was gone, and some a-hole in an old Blazer (when they were little) parked like 9" away, and left a massive divot in my back door.  Nothing I could do to get even because the facker's Blazer was so old and rusty, if I'd scratched the shi# out of the paint it wouldn't have changed anything.  For him.  I would've felt better, but I would've felt better if I'd have left him 3 flat tires too.  7 years and I'm still holding on!!  >:( ;D ::) :P :bang:

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #729 on: March 04, 2019, 10:54:14 am »

Finding a spot you can pull through is the preferred way of parking, according to my Young Drivers teacher 20 years ago.  It completely eliminates the risky maneuver of reversing. 

Reversing INTO a spot is the 2nd preferred way, and is what I do the rest of the time.

Yup, I have to complete a defensive driving course every year for work and they emphasize this point more than any other.  The amount of incidents from backing up dwarfs all others combined.  Anyways, I've been doing it that way since i started driving over 38 years ago and the only close calls i've had in parking lots were from people blindly backing out.  Then again I don't bother looking for the closest spot to the door either.   

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #730 on: March 04, 2019, 09:37:40 pm »

:rofl: :rofl2: :rofl:

Puši mi kurac pičko!   ;D

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +309/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera, 2019 Honda Passport
« Reply #731 on: March 04, 2019, 09:46:27 pm »

Komšija mene ne zanima tvoj kurac!  :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl:

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 05, 2019, 11:40:10 am »
 :rofl2:

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #733 on: March 18, 2019, 11:58:16 am »

Komšija mene ne zanima tvoj kurac!  :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl:

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:Honda, BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #734 on: March 25, 2019, 03:33:18 pm »

Ok, now picture a classic Beetle body sitting on top.

Still mostly a Beetle front end.   The back end is the front end of a Honda.

Last Chance Auto Restoration project to make a Beetle with a modern reliable drivetrain and an automatic tranny.
Mr Pickypants

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:Honda, BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #735 on: March 27, 2019, 06:39:29 pm »

All kinds of want!

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7215
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 27, 2019, 06:41:56 pm »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 27, 2019, 06:45:04 pm »
Did you see this??   ;D

https://www.smythkitcars.com/new-beetle-truck-conversion

That actually seems to look ok. 

I have seen a bastardized one in the flesh, it wasn't pretty.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 27, 2019, 06:46:36 pm »
Another bus.  But 25 extra points to anyone guessing the car below it.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7215
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 27, 2019, 06:46:46 pm »
Did you see this??   ;D

https://www.smythkitcars.com/new-beetle-truck-conversion

That actually seems to look ok. 

I have seen a bastardized one in the flesh, it wasn't pretty.

Price doesn't seem horrific....