Author Topic: Fit vs. Yaris vs. ???  (Read 11428 times)

Offline The Mighty Duck

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +34/-44
  • f*** that duck
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 MINI Cooper S | Past: 1999 Honda Civic, 2009 Honda Fit
Fit vs. Yaris vs. ???
« on: May 15, 2008, 01:31:38 am »
I've been toying with the idea of getting into something to replace the Civic of late.  Just thinking and dreaming, really, since I know logically it would make more sense to hold off until I'm done school, but I've been thinking about taking a car back out with me in September, and if I do I would like something newer and more practical.

Anyway, that was enough to entice me out this afternoon to test a Yaris (sedan) and Fit.  I appreciate hatchbacks and their versatility, but was surprised to find the Yaris hatch offers very little real cargo capacity: with the rear seats up, it seemed to have less than half the space of my current Civic hatch.  In short: almost no space!  The Fit seemed better, but not great - I put this down to these being four door hatches, whereas mine is a two-door.  There was no two-door Yaris to compare too.  The trunk space of the Yaris sedan was very impressive, though, and if I were to buy a Yaris, I would opt for the sedan.  With better looks, a locking trunk, and more cargo room with four people in the car, it's the clear winner.  And cargo room with four people is important, since if I did have this car at school for two years, roadtrips and shopping trips with four people would be a common occurrence.  :)

Interior Impressions

The first thing I noticed in the Fit was how spacious it seemed.  I'm not tall, and I had loads of headroom in the front.  It seemed to be a good six inches taller inside than my car.  It just felt very big on the inside, but despite this it was very easy to drive - it's still a small car, and it drives like one.  The seats were comfy for the short test drive, and the positioning of the controls (especially the shifter) was good.  The interior seemed of good quality for its class, and I had no complaints about material quality of hardness.  I tested the LX model, with a gray interior, but I took a look at a Sport, too, and love the black interior exclusive to those cars.  I really like the steering wheels in the newer Hondas, too.  I love the look of the stereo in this car for some reason, it looks very high class compared to some of the cheap-looking factory decks I've seen.

The Yaris immediately seemed smaller inside than the Fit - much less headroom, and room overall.  It was still comfy, but it felt much smaller to be in than the Fit.  I'm not sure how the Yaris hatch would have compared to the sedan in this respect, but since I'm interested in the Fit vs. Yaris sedan, this is what I noticed.  The interior of the Yaris is otherwise very well thought out, lots of storage - I especially liked the small cubbies on the centre stack, and the pop-up cup holders in the dash.  The AC knobs were nice and big, designed according to the salesperson for use with mittens on.  Heh.

Driving Impressions

Both drove very well, in my opinion.  One thing I did notice was that the Fit felt much, much peppier.  I'm not sure why: both are equipped with 1.5L, four-cylinder engines making 109hp and 106hp respectively, with similar torque figures, and both are equipped with some kind of variable valve timing.  But whereas the Fit was eager to run up to redline (as Honda engines are), the Yaris seemed to take a more lazy approach to speed.  In the Fit I looked at the speedo and found myself doing 80, in the Yaris I looked and found myself doing only 50...  big difference in terms of power delivery.  Since I'm a fan of high-revving engines like the Civic Si, I preferred the Fit, which had the illusion of more power.  Whatever it was, the Fit seemed faster.  :)

The Fit rode a bit rougher, though to be fair, the Fit was equipped with a dealer-installed 16" alloy rim and tire package, whereas the Yaris was rolling on stock steelies and tires.  The Fit LX does not come with alloys normally, but this is an upgrade I would probably make.  The Yaris certainly seemed to have that Toyota "floatiness" I've heard so much about compared to the Fit, but I was not disappointed with it.  It road smoother but still had its share of sport.

The Fit does suffer from Honda's rev-hanging design that Rob talks about, and at first it was a weird feeling: until I realized what was going on, I thought I was doing something wrong when I was shifting.  I'm not sure I like the sensation, but I could live with it in the Fit, and probably would get used to it pretty quickly.  The Yaris did not have the same issue.  The clutch in the Fit was lighter than I expected, with a high take-up point and longer throws than my car: I would probably install a short-throw shift kit, but I didn't drive it long enough to get a perfect feel for it, and I might change my mind after more time with it.  Just an initial reaction.  The Yaris clutch was a little heavier, but not a lot, and neither seemed quite as good as the shifter in my Civic in terms of how "solid" the shift action seems...  again, this could be because I'm so used to my Civic and how it shifts, and more time with either car would likely eliminate this feeling.

Overall, I like the feel of the Fit over the Yaris: it seems more peppy - it's very eager to get up to speed! - and a little more "tossable".  The Yaris feels a bit more solid, but not as fast nor quite as fun.  I'm not surprised by this, since it more or less confirms what I had heard about Toyota vs. Honda's road manners, but I did expect a little more sport from the Yaris.  Not a disappointing car, but imo not as good as the Fit.

Overall

Honda added white as an option for the Fit for this year, a decision I am very, very happy with.  Some might recall I was very excited before the Fit's release in Canada to buy a white fit with white rims - after testing the Fit, this dream has been renewed for me.  While the Fit looks brilliant in pretty well any colour (imo, anyway), I love it in white.  If I were to buy one, though, it would be a tough decision between white, gray, and dark blue - I've seen a few in this deep blue colour, and they look fantastic.  The Yaris offers a very nice charcoal gray that would be my first choice for that car.  :)

I think the Fit is a far more practical car than the Yaris: the magic seats are really quite ingenious, and love that they fold flat for big items.  The Yaris sedan does have 60/40 folding seats, but they fold anything but flat: there's probably a 3-4" rise where the seat back is, and a relatively small opening.  Though to be fair, I am comparing a hatch to a sedan.  ;)

The Fit LX (not sure on DX) also comes standard with an auxiliary input for an MP3 player, a feature which I installed in my Civic and have come to love.  The Toyota rep couldn't even tell me if such a feature was available on the Yaris, and suggested I buy an FM transmitter ::), though it looks as though an iPod controller is available for the Yaris for $200, since it's listed as an option on "build your Toyota".  Honda also offers an iPod controller to supplement the aux in for the Fit, but for something like $350.

I also appreciate that the Fit comes standard with so many airbags - they're all optional on the Yaris, and while I understand they are important, one can save nearly $1000 by opting out of side curtain airbags.  With the Fit, you get them, whether you buy a base model or a sport.  :thumbup:

So, if I were to buy today?  I'd take the Fit, easily.  I liked the Yaris a lot, and on its own I would be very impressed.  But I drove the two back-to-back, and while the Yaris was good, I couldn't think of anything it did better than the Fit.  Add to this that I prefer the road manners of the Honda over the Toyota, and it would be a tough sell to get me into a Yaris.  But either one of these small cars would be great for anyone doing any commuting, especially in the city.  For a highway commute, I would be a little torn between the Yaris' greater stability and the Fit's greater pep, but would likely still chose the Fit.  :)

Cars I might also consider include a used Mazda3 (spotted a used manual GT listing at $19 995, didn't get a chance to drive it, though), a used Rabbit (if I can find one), and maybe the Pontiac Vibe or G5.  Not really interested in the Versa or Sentra.  Could be talked into looking at a Jeep Patriot, but only the Patriot with Freedom Drive II really appeals to me, and that's not available with a stick and is too expensive.  No Cobalt/Compass.  :P

Mitlov

Re: Fit vs. Yaris vs. ???
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 01:45:30 am »
Base-engined, no-options Mini Cooper?  Is there a way you could wait for the Fiesta or the Mazda2?

Offline The Mighty Duck

• Car Crazy
  • f*** that duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 01:51:58 am »
I really, really like the MINI, and am dying to drive one.  Might have to, yet.  I'm a little turned off by the need for premium fuel, though.  It's not a big difference per tank, but it irks me that the Fit, Yaris, etc. all get ~110 hp on regular, and the MINI demands the good stuff.  I'd also very likely be looking at used MINIs, and reliability isn't as good as the Fit/Yaris, though if it's under warranty, moot point.  :)

Mazda2/Fiesta...  love it.  Not sure when it's supposed to be hitting, though.  If I decide against something new right now, then I'll probably be keeping the Civic for another two years or so, and would definitely consider the Mazda2 later on when I upgraded.  :D

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7215
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 02:00:37 am »
Sedan vs. a hatch.  Not exactly apples to apples.  ::)  I wasn't fond of the Yaris sedan either, but liked the hatch much more.  More feel, felt more tossable.  Was more fun for sure.   Fit feels sportier to me...in all regards.  Yaris felt more comfy.  Saw a nice Fit in black with charcoal wheels.  Looked great!  Wish you could get a sunroof in either, but you can't. :(

Would never, ever consider owning a Mini Cooper.  Ride was one of the worst I've ever experienced in a small car.  Wasn't sporty..was rough, choppy, lumber-wagon hard.  Hated ever second of my life while I was in it.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline The Mighty Duck

• Car Crazy
  • f*** that duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 02:27:31 am »
Yes, I know the sedan vs. hatch comparison isn't exactly apples and apples.  But I was shocked at how small the cargo area in the Yaris hatch was - with the cargo cover in place, it was downright tiny.  Totally defeats the purpose of owning a hatch, imo.  The trunk on the sedan is downright spacious, very impressive for such a small car.  *shrug*

Interesting that the hatch would have such different driving dynamics from the sedan, though.  That may well be why the Yaris was not as good as I expected - most people I've heard talk about them have driven the hatch.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 02:36:00 am »
Honestly...I love my little Echo.  Something very appealing about driving a car that gets nearly 50 MPG every tank.  I'm excited to see this Lexus coming out.  A compact hybrid.  Every luxury option you can dream of, with 50+ MPG.  I could really get on board for this one.... Lexus LF-CH

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 06:12:30 am »
Demo.  I agree with most of your Fit review with just a couple of questions.

this rev hanging thing you mention. I see no sign of anything like that on our 2007  Fit  5mt. The throttle response is just as clean as the BMW.... maybe that has rev hanging as well ?
I agree that the Fit wants to rev and go I keep finding myself getting perilously close to the Fantino version of c  on the 401 at the slightest downhill.

Ours has the stock 14" Dunlops and I see your comments re the optional 16's   I definitely think the Fit needs more rubber on the road or maybe just better tires but I think that anything excessively low profile would make the ride a bit rough unless one did a whole suspension job.

You did not mention the lack of a left foot rest. Is that lack  ok with you,? I don't have a problem with it but many people do.

The power door locks  with no remote are a nuisance IMO. Get the optional remote kit. I believe it is a dealer fitted thing and I think I'll get it at some point.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline footlong58

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +12/-3
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2007 Toyota Yaris, 2014 Chevrolet Trax, 2008 Buell, 2005 Yamaha V Star
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 08:45:08 am »
I bought my Versa a month ago...  I shopped the whole subcompact/compact hatchback segment...  It came down the the Yaris, Fit, Versa...  The Toyota and Honda are great, but the Nissan was soooo much more car, and for much much less...  If I had to do it again, I'd pick the Versa every time...  A little big bigger, more cargo room, a little more power, EXCELLENT gas mileage (~700-800km to a tank!!!), more safety features than the Yaris, overall a much better car imo...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 05:15:18 pm »
^^^^For sure.  The Versa is the roomiest of the bunch.  For me though, the better fuel economy of either the Yaris or Fit is more important than the roominess, since it's usually only me in the car...But you really can't go wrong with either of these cars.  The new Elantra is also a pretty nice little ride available with leather and moon roof which is a nice touch for that segment..though I think because of the Elantras bigger size it might be considered a "mid-size" now...(like the Versa)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 05:18:14 pm by rrocket »

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 05:48:20 pm »
..the NEW Fit is arriving this early Fall with  a HUGE ;D power increase (15% or so to)120HP...enought ta terrify butterfly wings being ripped orff on launch!!!....but is bigger Better and beefier...hang IN THERE muchaco............ :skid: :drive: :drive2:
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Ice

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +15/-25
  • 2009 Corolla XRS
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 06:07:33 pm »
I'm with safristi...wait for the redesigned 2009 Fit and compare that one as well.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FirstDrives/articleId=122688

It seems like a good thing...they took the Fit, kept the good stuff, and tweaked the rest to presumably make it better.  The new i-VTEC engine sounds like it'll make the car reasonably peppy and fuel should stay the same.  Keep an eye for it.

Offline Julie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-366
    • View Profile
  • Cars: nb miata, nc mx-5, e92 m3, mk6 gti
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 06:25:06 pm »
I'm with safristi...wait for the redesigned 2009 Fit and compare that one as well.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FirstDrives/articleId=122688

It seems like a good thing...they took the Fit, kept the good stuff, and tweaked the rest to presumably make it better.  The new i-VTEC engine sounds like it'll make the car reasonably peppy and fuel should stay the same.  Keep an eye for it.

I vote for waiting too. I also found the Fit enjoyable to drive, as if it were faster than it really is. Made it fun. But the ride was too harsh for my taste. Apparently, this has been significantly improved in the new Fit.

And rrocket, what a cute Lexus, Are they bringing that to North America to compete with the Smart Car or what? But the one thing against it is that it looks like a Yaris. Although I find that really cute, people who like buying premium/luxury cars may not like it that their purchase could be confused with something that can be had significantly cheaper (like the Civic/ CSX duo)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 06:29:23 pm »
Supposed to be on a modified next Gen Prius platform, with hybrid power.  I think a Yaris would be awesome with some nice Lexus IS style seats, all sound-proofed like a Lexus, with the amazing Marc Levinson stereo, and hybrid power pushing it beyond 60 MPG.  Would be a great little commuter!!

Offline Zoo

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +1/-0
  • Always hungry..
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 HHR, 2007 Yaris, 1981 CB 750 Custom
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 09:58:58 pm »
I've been down this road recently and tried out the Yaris, Fit, and Versa (amongst many other cars including the Hyundai Accent Hatch as well). Frankly we are spoiled for choice at this point and it is a great time to be shopping for a sub compact at this point.

I pretty much agree with all the comments made thus far. I did check out the Yaris Sedan and was suitably impressed with it. If it were our only car the Sedan would have been very tempting. As it was though we already had our Civic sedan and thought it would be nice to have something different as our second vehicle. So, we went with the hatchback. Yes, I will agree that with the rear seat up and the cargo liner in place it is a bit tight back there. Then again it holds quite a few groceries without being too cramped.

Put the seat down and remove the cover and check it out!

A new pool for our Pug Lucy, take out pizza, a week's groceries, top soil, grass seed, wine, library books, magazines, DVDs and more! Lots of room to spare too!

I love the Fit; expecially in the Sport configuration. In the DX and LX I found the wheels didn't seem proportional to the car. Maybe it was just me. For the most part I found both cars equally peppy and oddly enough when Wheels tested both cars head to head the Yaris was almost 2 seconds faster to 60! ???

There really is no bad choice here as either the Fit or Yaris is going to give amazing milleage and the Yaris should be bang on reliable and I would suspect that the Fit would be as well.

Some interesting differences between the two models (Yaris 5 door LE and Fit LX)
Fit 5 speed auto vs. 4 speed auto on the Yaris
Yaris map lights while there is no map lights in the Fit
Yaris has remote entry while there is no remote entry on the Fit LX
Fit has cruise while this is a $500 plus dealer installed option on the Yaris
No sunroofs on either :(

Ideally a 5 speed Yaris RS or a Fit Sport would be a fun car. I love the auto Yaris LE 5 door hatch we ended up with though!

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 10:09:00 pm »
A Hollandia 400 vinyl folding sunroof would be sweet in either Fit or Yaris

Offline The Mighty Duck

• Car Crazy
  • f*** that duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 10:39:00 pm »
I knew a new Fit was coming, but I didn't know it was coming so soon!  Sounds like we can expect it in the fall.  :)  I wouldn't have any qualms about buying the current Fit, though, other than that annoying feeling that you just missed the better one.  Heh.

Demo.  I agree with most of your Fit review with just a couple of questions.

this rev hanging thing you mention. I see no sign of anything like that on our 2007  Fit  5mt. The throttle response is just as clean as the BMW.... maybe that has rev hanging as well ?
I agree that the Fit wants to rev and go I keep finding myself getting perilously close to the Fantino version of c  on the 401 at the slightest downhill.

The rev hanging occurred when I let off the throttle to shift - the revs wouldn't drop immediately, and it made shifting a strange experience the first few times.  The shifts were otherwise very clean and nice, just that brief, weird sensation when letting off the gas.  Maybe you're just used to it by now?  *shrug*

Ours has the stock 14" Dunlops and I see your comments re the optional 16's   I definitely think the Fit needs more rubber on the road or maybe just better tires but I think that anything excessively low profile would make the ride a bit rough unless one did a whole suspension job.

I've heard many complaints about the Fit's stock tires, so a tire and wheel job would be in the plans if I were to buy one.  I definitely think a 15" or 16" alloy suits this car - from what I've read, anything bigger affects performance negatively, though.  The ride with the 16s was a little rough, but I found it fine - an older buyer might not like it, though.

You did not mention the lack of a left foot rest. Is that lack  ok with you,? I don't have a problem with it but many people do.

I noticed it when I started driving, but it wasn't a major concern for me.  My Civic has one, and it's great, but I forgot entirely about its absence when writing up the review, so not very important in the long run.  Certainly no deal breaker.  :)

The power door locks  with no remote are a nuisance IMO. Get the optional remote kit. I believe it is a dealer fitted thing and I think I'll get it at some point.

Yup - I installed power locks and keyless in my Civic, and love it.  IMO keyless is a must-have.  I'm not sure whether it would be best to buy the Honda option (~$200 for keyless, ~$300 for an alarm), or find a good aftermarket system.  I'm pretty sure Future Shop etc. all have keyless entry with alarm starting at $200 installed...

I was near the Nissan dealer today, so I decided I may as well look at the Versa, too.  Very nice little machine, extremely well priced, and lots of space.  Big letdowns include the fuel mileage and, related, the fact that it does not qualify for the eco-auto rebate program.

Driving Impressions

The Versa has a bigger engine than the Fit or Yaris: a 1.8L DOHC unit producing 122hp and 127ft/lbs of torque.  However, despite its power advantage, it does not feel to me appreciably faster than its competition.  I did not experience that feeling of looking down and going faster than I expected, and overall the Fit "felt" faster than the Versa.  The Versa's mill is a little bit slower to respond, and while a good engine, was not quite as rev-happy and fun to wring power from as the Fit's engine.  I was also apathetic about the six-speed transmission - while I think it's neat that you can get a six speed in an econo car like this, and it probably offers better mileage than a five-speed would, the Versa still does not make the figures the Fit or Yaris does.  Also, I found myself unsure of what gear to be in town: third was too low for comfortable cruising, while fourth was a little too high, I found.  Five speed also means less shifting in stop-and-go traffic...  My conclusion: a short-throw, close ratio six-speed like in the Civic Si or Sentra SE-R is great.  But in an economy car, five speeds is fine.  I was, however, impressed with the Versa's clutch feel (just right) and throws: I'd heard that the Versa's manual tranny was rough and unrefined, but I was perfectly happy with it.

Over rough roads, the Versa did not feel quite as happy as the Honda Fit.  Too be fair, the Fit I tested was equipped with optional alloy wheels and 16" tires, while the Versa was rolling on steel wheels and stock tires: I didn't have a chance to drive the SL model, which includes 16" rims and tires, so that might explain some of the driving difference.  The Versa was well controlled and handled well through the corners, but overall I like the Fit better: it felt more planted and more controlled.  Around town the Versa's driving dynamics were very good, with no clear winner between it and the Fit, as both are fun to drive and easy to manouver, though once again I like the Fit's "pep" better than the Versa, even though the Nissan has more power on tap.  Maybe it's that six-speed transmission?  Not sure what the gearing is like on the two trannies...

Interior Impressions

The inside of the Versa is a nice place to spend some time.  The SL model gets upgraded seat fabric which is very nice.  It also gets an armrest, which imo is a must for a manual car - I added one to my Civic because resting your hand on the shift knob with nowhere for your arm to sit is awkward.  One thing that struck me about the Versa was the controls: the controls in Yaris and Fit were much more intuitive.  The stereo in the Versa looked cheap and slightly out of place, whereas the unit in the Honda and Toyota appeared to look at home.  I also struggled with how to control the AC, whereas in the Yaris it was very clear how all of the controls worked.  I was also disappointed with the stock stereo in the Versa: I understand none of these cars will have spectacular systems, but the sound system in the Toyota seemed to have the clearest sound.  The upgraded sound system available as part of the Technology Package ($950) in the Versa is better, with seven speakers and steering wheel controls.

Storage space in the Versa trumps the Yaris hatch and the Fit, though when the rear seats are folded, the cargo area is far from flat: like in the Yaris, there is a large rise of three-four inches, which I do not understand: in my Civic the rear seats angle up when folded, but there is no sudden, vertical rise.  I still love the Fit's magic seats, too.  :)

The quality of the interior materials otherwise was very good, I have no complaints about this.

Overall

The Versa is an excellent effort, with very good pricing and performance.  The interior fit and finish is top notch, and some of the available features are great (I'm not sure I'd ever use Bluetooth, but its availability it neat nonetheless).  I was slightly disappointed with the power - I expected more from the bigger engine, and found the Versa less enjoyable to drive than the Fit, but moreso than the Yaris.  Some of this problem might be corrected by the optional 16" tires.  Nonetheless, the Versa is still a pleasure to drive, and a very nice machine inside and out.  I'm very glad I took the time to take a look at it: if I were going into this with price as the most important factor, the Versa would likely win.  It certainly delivers the most goods for the price.  Overall, though, I think the Fit has held onto its first place finish, with the Versa earning a very respectable second, and the Yaris in third.  I should note though that these are all excellent machines, and would be happy with any of them in the long run.  But imo the Fit is the best match for me.  So far, anyway - I'd still like to take out a MINI, and might test a used Mazda3.  :)

Offline The Mighty Duck

• Car Crazy
  • f*** that duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 10:41:50 pm »
On another note: out of curiosity, I checked out US pricing on the Fit.  The US price of a Fit Sport is less than the price of our Fit DX by more than $1000.  In the end, I think it works out to almost $4000 savings buying the US.  Very interested now in buying a Fit in Seattle - parents have a US address, so they should sell one to us, I think.  No warranty, but then, it's a Honda...

dorin

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 10:46:15 pm »
What kind of Civic do you have currently Demo?

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 10:51:50 pm »
I'd but a used Fit, and put the $3500 Kraftwerks supercharger on it.  More HP, nearly identical fuel mileage...

Offline The Mighty Duck

• Car Crazy
  • f*** that duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 11:14:58 pm »
dorin, I've got a 1999 Civic DX hatch.  Very similar in power and size to the Fit.  I've added 17" rims with sport tires, and some other options, but I consider the Fit/Yaris/etc. pretty well a direct replacement.  :)

rrocket: the thought has certainly occurred to me!  If I could get 200 bhp (about 170 whp) out of the Fit, I think it would be a lot of fun!  :D