Author Topic: Movie review: Iron Man and Harold and Kumar 2  (Read 6548 times)

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
Re: Movie review: Iron Man and Harold and Kumar 2
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2008, 04:25:35 pm »
People talking through a movie is unacceptable behavior in a movie theater.  Some adults do it, some don't.  Some kids do it, some don't.  The problem is the behavior, not kids.

As for how old is old enough to see Iron Man in a movie theater?  Well, three years old, as this post states, is a very different question than eight years old, which is what your previous post complained of.  A three year old who is ready too see Iron Man in the theaters is rare, I'll agree.  An eight year old?  That's a big chunk of the target market for the movie.

Ahem.  I said UNDER eight years of age.  And the problem is the parents' poor judgement, in this case.  Don't get me wrong... I think kids are great. 

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2008, 04:36:21 pm »
People talking through a movie is unacceptable behavior in a movie theater.  Some adults do it, some don't.  Some kids do it, some don't.  The problem is the behavior, not kids.

As for how old is old enough to see Iron Man in a movie theater?  Well, three years old, as this post states, is a very different question than eight years old, which is what your previous post complained of.  A three year old who is ready too see Iron Man in the theaters is rare, I'll agree.  An eight year old?  That's a big chunk of the target market for the movie.

Ahem.  I said UNDER eight years of age.  And the problem is the parents' poor judgement, in this case.  Don't get me wrong... I think kids are great. 

Ah, you see Bridge, you brought out the lawyer in him. ;D  Under eight?  OK, how about 7 years, 11 months, 29 days?  That's under eight. ;D

Seriously, I know of what you speak.  A pair of parental idiots once brought their infant (2 years tops) to one of the X-Men movies.  The parents themselves were under 25 so I would venture that they could have used a parental unit nearby to tell them to leave. ::) :P :thumbdown:

I'm looking forward to taking my son to see the movie next week, when he comes back from boarding school.  Of course if he's seen it, well there are other movies to see. :)  I'll go see it on my own in that case.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

Mitlov

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2008, 05:03:18 pm »
People talking through a movie is unacceptable behavior in a movie theater.  Some adults do it, some don't.  Some kids do it, some don't.  The problem is the behavior, not kids.

As for how old is old enough to see Iron Man in a movie theater?  Well, three years old, as this post states, is a very different question than eight years old, which is what your previous post complained of.  A three year old who is ready too see Iron Man in the theaters is rare, I'll agree.  An eight year old?  That's a big chunk of the target market for the movie.

Ah, you see Bridge, you brought out the lawyer in him. ;D  Under eight?  OK, how about 7 years, 11 months, 29 days?  That's under eight. ;D

:iagree:  there's a whole lot of difference between a kid just shy of eight and, you know, a three-year-old.

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2008, 04:25:08 am »
off topic ... was at the TnT Supermarket in Calgary between 6&7 PM ... see a few display of very bad parenting, yelling and screaming at toddlers, even slapping, ... in public  :P :P

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2008, 12:12:09 am »
Slightly OT, but i didn't wanna post new review for Speed Racer.

Watched speed racer today.  girl friend wanted to see it, and she had free tickets so i said, why not.

Despite the appalling reviews it received, it was alright.  A lot of high speed actions, which you can't really see because of so much blurring..  I guess since their race cars go up to 800 mph, it's to be expected. ;)

slightly too long, and very childish, but it was ok.

So if anybody wants to watch it, I wouldn't oppose it greatly. just don't have too much expectations, eh?

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2008, 01:49:30 am »
You mean when there is nothing better to do?

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2008, 09:47:40 am »
 ...I'll SPEED watch it on Video.................. :run: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2008, 05:25:23 pm »
At that speed, I will sleep right thru it.