Author Topic: Story of my Saturday.  (Read 5283 times)

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
Re: Story of my Saturday.
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2008, 12:07:45 pm »
Ovr..I figured ya were going fer one of those ritzy Condo units on the lake...leaving U
 maintenance and CAReFREE to visit Hawaii,OreganO! and the Sunny South as the mood struck...........sideways move fer the same BUCKS :shuffle:..plus...the headaches of BUILDING NEW..........good fortune...............seeing the California fires reminds me of the similarities in Kewlona...are U going with slate/terra cotta roof and sprinkler system and a fire berm..?

Well, we did think about a condo BUT we have the big dog which is a major problem in a condo where you cannot fence your area, and we are not keen on the "oldster communities" here with their gates, and old farts-attitudes, plus condos can be a pain with rules to obey and condo (strata) fees that seem to grow expedentially - SO, no condos for us.

We consider this house our "condo alternative" in that it will be maintenance-free (or very low) for a number of years, and the yard will be small and maint-low also. We have a good builder who has lots of experience in the area, and our price is locked in so there cannot be any surprises if prices go up (for trades, appliances, etc). We are actually building in the area the fires of 2003 went thru (there are no trees left there nor anything left to burn now), and the construction is very wildfire-aware (fire resistant roofs, no wood shingles or siding, etc, etc). The fire risk where we are building is very, very low. That cannot be said of many areas here in the Okanagan tho, and the wildfires of 2003 will repeat here somewhere, sometime. No doubt.

Our present house, and our temp rental are all nearby the new house construction area so we can keep a close eye on things. No doubt it will have it's moments of brain-damage, but should be kept to a minimum.  ;) ;D

2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo in Snowflake White Pearl
and
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 in Alpine White

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2008, 12:13:39 pm »
..Ya coulda SOLD yer olde garage ta me fer $100,000.....cars included of course.... ;D
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2008, 12:47:14 pm »
It seems car interiors are always under siege from stains:

Early on in the teens and twenties the interior is under threat from love stains.
The late twenties into the forties and the kid stains are unleashed.
Finally later in life the car seats are under threat from incontinence.

;)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 04:22:27 pm »
ain't buyin a Kar from U..... ::).........Mr I gave @ the orifice............. :P

gottarondo

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2008, 01:58:31 pm »
I found myself thinking about this story since reading it on Sunday.  I have a question for all you men who are not yet walking around with wet pants without noticing... if this ever happens to you, would you want to know about it, or would you want to be shielded from the information? 

I want to add that my instinct would have been to do as Aquadorhj did; talk to the wife.  So no critique here, just the question.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2008, 05:15:12 pm »
Oh dear Ovr!  You shouldn't have admitted that you are moving from a mansion to a Monster Home... Dorin will be after you for using up resources and emitting carbon or some such.

We moved to GET the big ( by our standards, not yours)  garden.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2008, 05:41:53 pm »
I found myself thinking about this story since reading it on Sunday.  I have a question for all you men who are not yet walking around with wet pants without noticing... if this ever happens to you, would you want to know about it, or would you want to be shielded from the information? 

I want to add that my instinct would have been to do as Aquadorhj did; talk to the wife.  So no critique here, just the question.

The answer is depends. 

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2008, 10:46:24 pm »

The answer is depends. 

The bigger question is: If you wet yourself and didn't realize it should you be driving ??? :o ???

Offline marineboy

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2008, 12:58:16 am »
Hey if you can wet yourself and keep driving like nothing happened...thats the sign of a good driver. ;)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2008, 10:38:44 am »
 ::) that's a slippery slope...by any measure........................500ml.......and i'm outta there................ :D..he dribbles...he sh**ts.....he scores................c'mom L'Pool today........ ;)