Author Topic: Mazda6 US-spec unveiled  (Read 32859 times)

Offline Thinking Out Loud

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +19/-16
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '16 Suzuki M50 Boulevard + '19 Frontier Pro4X + 2015 Mustang EcoBoost 'vert + '09 Altima SL Coupe
Re: Mazda6 US-spec unveiled
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2008, 12:02:56 pm »
I'd also expect that the finance and lease rates will drop in 6 months.  I figured by then it'll be more competitive with the other two which have been out for a little while.

I still have few more months on my current lease of Mazda 3 to end. Elsewhere in this forum, I have read ab the troubles Mazdea customers face trying to end their leases, so I think if I re-lease from Mazda, hopefully I can avoid the hazzles plus get a good car in Mazda 6. ( I have received in mail an offer of $1000 off my next lease from Mazda) Thats why I just hope what you are predicting will really happen..

Hi I&F!  I too will be a future victim of AutoVIN. Please let us know how it goes.

Mazda has a 0.5% lease or finance credit rate discount for current Mazda owners.  Ask for that on top of the $1,000.

Plus, get the cost price from carcostcanada or something to have BOTH barrels loaded when heading in.  If you are gonna re-lease a Mazda in part due to concerns over the lease return process, make sure the dealer makes as little as is humanly possible.

May not be the dealers fault, but it sure a heck isn't yours, either.  If Mazda Canada won't listen to the concerns of their customers, maybe a dealer revolt would.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 12:04:45 pm by Thinking Out Loud »
Fortune favours the bold!

Offline JSCC

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2008, 12:57:18 pm »
4.9% is high?  What is prime?  We have been asking for lowered prices for some time now, but it is not going to be possible for us to have low prices and massively subvented financing.  If Mazda is going to drop MSRPs, it will not be possible for them to also offer 0% financing.

Yes, Honda has low financing rates, but higher prices.

Thank you.  :thumbup:
That is what Toyota did, since the lanuch of the 2009 Corolla back in Feb, the rates have always been at the 5.9%-6.9% level.
2011 MB C300 4Matic (Tenorite Grey)
2010 MB C300 4Matic (Iridium Silver)
2002 VW Jetta 1.8T GLS Sport Luxury Leather package

Offline Dante

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +33/-97
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 VW GTI DSG, 2011 BMW 328i xDrive 6MT, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2008, 01:04:13 pm »
4.9% is high?  What is prime?  We have been asking for lowered prices for some time now, but it is not going to be possible for us to have low prices and massively subvented financing.  If Mazda is going to drop MSRPs, it will not be possible for them to also offer 0% financing.

Yes, Honda has low financing rates, but higher prices.

Thank you.  :thumbup:
That is what Toyota did, since the lanuch of the 2009 Corolla back in Feb, the rates have always been at the 5.9%-6.9% level.

The truth is that this is how it works in the US as well from what I see. The interest rates are relatively high. I think a low MSRP and market interest rate is the way to go. However, the manufacturers aren't there yet with the Canadian prices despite some drops.

Offline Leowin

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2005 Mazda 3 Leased and Returned / 2007 Infiniti G35X Current
« Reply #123 on: September 30, 2008, 09:29:29 pm »
Comparing Mazda 6 US specifications vs Canadian, I found out one more reason to sulk...

In US, Dynamic Stability Control and Traction control are standard across the model range but here in Canada these are optional on 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder GS models! As such we pay higher MSRPs  ( Entry level pricing for Mazda 6 in US is $19220 Vs $22495) inspite of that why make us pay more for these highly desirable safety features?

Another example of manufacturers short-changing Canadians!!

::)

Traum

« Reply #124 on: October 02, 2008, 05:53:41 pm »
Comparing Mazda 6 US specifications vs Canadian, I found out one more reason to sulk...

In US, Dynamic Stability Control and Traction control are standard across the model range but here in Canada these are optional on 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder GS models! As such we pay higher MSRPs  ( Entry level pricing for Mazda 6 in US is $19220 Vs $22495) inspite of that why make us pay more for these highly desirable safety features?

Another example of manufacturers short-changing Canadians!!

::)

Yeah, it really sucks that DSC can only be had on the base model (GS) as part of the options package. And you can't even get it all by itself! It's such a shame that this extremely useful safety feature doesn't come standard... ::)

-Lik

dorin

« Reply #125 on: October 02, 2008, 10:17:06 pm »
Thank God that we don't have DSC and TC rammed down our throats like the Americans.  I have hated every single TC system I've had the misfortune of being subjected to and I don't want to ever be forced to get those systems.  They're just hateful!  :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Traum

« Reply #126 on: October 02, 2008, 10:52:16 pm »
Thank God that we don't have DSC and TC rammed down our throats like the Americans.  I have hated every single TC system I've had the misfortune of being subjected to and I don't want to ever be forced to get those systems.  They're just hateful!  :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

DSC/TC can be turned off. I do that every time I want to have some fun in my NC. You won't hate them nearly as much when they've kicked in to save your rear end just that one time. And you won't hate them nearly as much when you've crashed your car, knowing full well that DSC/TC would have gotten you out of that accident.

-Lik

vdk

« Reply #127 on: October 02, 2008, 11:15:05 pm »
There's some cars in which you can't turn off the stability control.. or the way to do it it's tidily hidden...