Author Topic: Mazda6 US-spec unveiled  (Read 32852 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
Re: Mazda6 US-spec unveiled
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2008, 10:19:12 pm »
Yea...the loaded one with a 4 banger, leather, etc...loaded...seems to be a good value for $27K.....
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Dante

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +33/-97
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 VW GTI DSG, 2011 BMW 328i xDrive 6MT, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2008, 10:29:25 pm »
Mazda6 in showrooms and dealer lots as of right now.

Looked at and sat in one today. I found it even nicer in person. It's big ....  :o
In Mazda's tradition, it's well built, the fit-and-finish and the materials are good . I don't like the trim on the center floor console and lower center stack, but other than that, it would be my pick in the segment without a doubt.

The GS plastic or the GT "similuated wood"?

It was an I4 with leather and Navi so I guess it's the I4 GT. I haven't seen the GS I4. The dealer also had a GT V6 w/o Navi in the back.
The trim didn't look like any kind of wood though. It was dark (black/dark grey) with some sort of pattern on it, but no wood look for sure.

Offline Dante

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +33/-97
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 VW GTI DSG, 2011 BMW 328i xDrive 6MT, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2008, 10:35:58 pm »
Yea...the loaded one with a 4 banger, leather, etc...loaded...seems to be a good value for $27K.....

True that. The I4 models are equal or better in every respect compared to any other car in the segment.

Offline JSCC

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2008, 09:03:07 am »
hummmm time to visit the local mazda dealer.    come on mazda, bring the wagon with the diesel.  space of a suv, driving dynamics of a car, awesome mileage....do it you bunch of monkeys!!! 

Diesel? Even if a hybrid will come or not, is in doubt.
Seems like Mazda doesn't want to follow the Altima and buy Toyota's Hybrid technology for the Mazda6.
2011 MB C300 4Matic (Tenorite Grey)
2010 MB C300 4Matic (Iridium Silver)
2002 VW Jetta 1.8T GLS Sport Luxury Leather package

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2008, 10:09:32 am »
Saw a few on car carrier earlier this week a red one on the 401 yesterday. They're looking real good and offer plenty of everything, including value.
AQUAMAN64 also posts on DriverBlogs.com!

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2008, 06:06:48 pm »
The headlamps are exquisite in their location on the fenders.  The C pillar is following current fashion in being quite thick, but is disguised and the painted part of the panel is thinner than others, so it's not too bad.  As per Altima and Accord, the 6 has large overhangs and a kinda "bulbous" look to the section between the rear wheel arch and the rear bumper.  The foglamp sections look inspired by Mitsubishi, and not in a good way for me.  They look a little overwrought.

Now that I've nitpicked it, overall it's probably the best looking large sedan out there, besting the Accord thanks to that sublime headlamp treatment.

Offline Leowin

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2005 Mazda 3 Leased and Returned / 2007 Infiniti G35X Current
Re:2009 Mazda 6 Canadian price
« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2008, 05:36:57 pm »
I priced out Mazda 6 I4 GT with Luxury package, comes out to $30335. With Freight and taxes totals to $36047!! On their website, interest rate for 48 months leasing is ( a very very high) 6.9%! Per month leasing comes out to $571.34....

High interest for leasing does not surprise me really. GM & Chrysler hv totally abandoned it ( and are already suffering in the market with lower sales for August) Due to my job needs and the way my income taxes are done, I will have to lease my car, I just cannot finance a car.

Hopefully, Mazda will reduce the leasing interest in the coming months once the euphoria of the new model subsides....otherwise the best offer in this segments seems to be from Hyundai Sonata.

Offline JSCC

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2008, 08:50:49 pm »
But when the lease interest rate drops, the residual usual follows.
Monthly payments may stay at the same level.

Unless demand is low and dealers start discounting them, then that's another story.

dorin

« Reply #108 on: September 06, 2008, 12:54:54 am »
What I'd like to see are 4-cylinder hatchbacks and station wagons without all the luxury crap (so fabric seats, manual seat adjustment, no nav/satellite radio, no auto headlamps or wipers) and with manual transmissions.

vdk

« Reply #109 on: September 06, 2008, 08:32:32 pm »
I priced out Mazda 6 I4 GT with Luxury package, comes out to $30335. With Freight and taxes totals to $36047!! On their website, interest rate for 48 months leasing is ( a very very high) 6.9%! Per month leasing comes out to $571.34....

High interest for leasing does not surprise me really. GM & Chrysler hv totally abandoned it ( and are already suffering in the market with lower sales for August) Due to my job needs and the way my income taxes are done, I will have to lease my car, I just cannot finance a car.

Hopefully, Mazda will reduce the leasing interest in the coming months once the euphoria of the new model subsides....otherwise the best offer in this segments seems to be from Hyundai Sonata.

tell me aboout it.... the lease rate for a G8 is almost 20%....  :o

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2008, 11:28:43 am »
On a car-lot wander yesterday, saw a new Mazda 6 GS on the lot. This was the first one I had seen and my initial reaction was:
- car seems much larger than previous 6 (is 7" longer IIRC). It just "appears" large.
- I rather liked the new styling overall.
- couldn't get inside but appeared to be an improvement over last one.
- just initial gut feel, but if I were shopping for a Accord, Camry or the new Mazda 6, I would think the new 6 might win out (before any driving comments obviously).
- price seems very reasonable, the one I saw was MSRP at $30,685.
2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo in Snowflake White Pearl
and
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 in Alpine White

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT

Offline Ice

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +15/-25
  • 2009 Corolla XRS
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2008, 09:51:42 pm »

How does it compare on features?  I priced out a I4 GS for reasonably cheap given the competition.  I forget the pricing but it was decent enough.  Its got lots of features even in the base GS trim.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2008, 10:08:53 pm »
Oh..:censor:...I looked at one on the weekend.  I forgot to tell you guys.  Was the 4 banger. 6 speed.  Loaded with Leather.  $27K.  Seems like a good deal for the $$.  Lotsa of car for the cash...

Offline toolatecrew

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +16/-25
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium 5 speed with Handling Pack, 2007 Nissan Senta 6 speed
« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2008, 10:19:09 pm »
Had a look at both the 4 and 6 cyl while I was in PEI (all Autos).

Really is nice looking from the front especially. Not real big on chrome trim myself.

A bit disapointed in the wheels. I like the bigger spoke look of the old 6 not these crosshatch designs of the 3 and new 6.

Car doesn't look that big until you get up close but it really does look roomy inside.

Offline Leowin

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 11, 2008, 11:10:39 am »

How does it compare on features?  I priced out a I4 GS for reasonably cheap given the competition.  I forget the pricing but it was decent enough.  Its got lots of features even in the base GS trim.

From the Mazda website, when I compared Mazda 6 I4 GS to Honda Accord 4 cyl LX & Nissan Altima 2.5S, here are my findings:

Feature-wise, all 3 are generally comparable. All the above 3 are base models, the stand-out features of Mazda 6 are Auto transmission with Manumatic facility, 17' alloy wheels as compared to 16' steel wheels on the other two, (and...those who have driven the car, they vouch on 6 as the) best handler in the class, also has Standard security alarm. Accord has lower lease rates, currently has an offer of $1000 gas coupon but has a very poor rear look (IMHO). Altima has Continuous Auto Transmission touting for better gas mileage, good lease rates but oldest looks and the worst interior of the class.

I priced out Mazda 6 I4 GS with Auto transmission, Comfort package (Stability Control, Variable speed wipers, Auto headlight on/off, Power glass moonroof, 8-way power drivers seat, leather-wrapped steering wheel & shift knob - all for app. $1700) and frieght to $27144, tax included - $30899. With their extremely high lease rate of 6.9%, monthly lease price comes to $494. Compare this to the current lease offers of Accord, Altima (app. $350) out of the door. Current finance rates for the 6 are also very high  - 4.9%! ( And, I am not even talking about Sonata, Malibu, Astra etc.....) So, although Mazda 6 comes out on top on features, handling and styling, it might suit for people who have the cash to buy it outright.

Another point to note: Highly advertised features like Push-button start, LED tail lights, Xenon headlights, chrome dual exhaust, Bose premium audio system with 8 speaker and woofer, Blue tooth are not even available as options on this base model. To get these, one has to opt for a minimum of Mazda 6 I4 GT and then tick the Luxury package which pushes the price of the car to close to $37k. That is a real sticker shock! (But to be fair,  this is true for other cars as well, they bundle up features to increase the final pricing)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 02:26:30 pm by Leowin »

Offline Ice

• Drunk on Fuel
  • 2009 Corolla XRS
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 12, 2008, 05:09:11 pm »
I'd also expect that the finance and lease rates will drop in 6 months.  I figured by then it'll be more competitive with the other two which have been out for a little while.

Offline Leowin

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2008, 04:50:26 pm »
I'd also expect that the finance and lease rates will drop in 6 months.  I figured by then it'll be more competitive with the other two which have been out for a little while.

I still have few more months on my current lease of Mazda 3 to end. Elsewhere in this forum, I have read ab the troubles Mazdea customers face trying to end their leases, so I think if I re-lease from Mazda, hopefully I can avoid the hazzles plus get a good car in Mazda 6. ( I have received in mail an offer of $1000 off my next lease from Mazda) Thats why I just hope what you are predicting will really happen..

Offline Ice

• Drunk on Fuel
  • 2009 Corolla XRS
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2008, 11:44:40 pm »

I still have few more months on my current lease of Mazda 3 to end. Elsewhere in this forum, I have read ab the troubles Mazdea customers face trying to end their leases, so I think if I re-lease from Mazda, hopefully I can avoid the hazzles plus get a good car in Mazda 6. ( I have received in mail an offer of $1000 off my next lease from Mazda) Thats why I just hope what you are predicting will really happen..
Well I don't have a crystal ball unfortunately so maybe it'll happen and maybe it won't.  It just seems like Mazda's financing and leasing rates have been so low for such a long time...it'd be uncharacteristic for them to keep them high with the new 6.  No idea.

I hope it works out for you.  The new 6 seems like a heck of a car!

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2008, 11:48:38 am »
4.9% is high?  What is prime?  We have been asking for lowered prices for some time now, but it is not going to be possible for us to have low prices and massively subvented financing.  If Mazda is going to drop MSRPs, it will not be possible for them to also offer 0% financing.

Yes, Honda has low financing rates, but higher prices.