Author Topic: Hats off to the Habs  (Read 10630 times)

Offline Zombie

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +2/-1
  • Brainszzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    • View Profile
Re: Hats off to the Habs
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2008, 01:21:37 pm »
My shot at ottawa was based on reports that they had not sold out a playoff game

Ok well my shot at Toronto is that they haven't even sold one playoff game for the last four years!!!

Toronto has a 5 times bigger population then Ottawa so of course they sell out every game. You really just need to get over the fact that you can't get tickets to the Leafs games in Toronto and not worry about the other city's in the country.

I can pretty much go to games whenever I want (how is this a bad thing?) as long as I buy the tickets in advance for at least the popular games. So this year I went to 6 regular season games, one playoff game, one Montreal Toronto game in Montreal (for free) and one Ottawa Toronto game in Toronto (for free again). How many games did you go and see?

Well if you could read, you would see in one of my previous posts that I said I went to 8 games this year (all at the ACC - platinum and gold, booyah! and all FREE - including seeing Ottawa, Montreal, Detroit).  I've never had trouble getting tickets, in fact, my family had season tickets until I was 13 (on the glass - a couple of seats away from the visitors bench, in fact, as a child I would get pucks given to me at every game and at one game Bob Sauve, a goalie for Chicago at the time, tapped me on the shoulder and gave me his goalie stick).  So congratulations on seeing 6 games - amazing (and also on the playoff thing, it must have been awesome to see Ottawa win lose)

But that has nothing to do with what I have been saying; I'm simply saying that it's sad that Ottawa couldn't sell out a playoff game - your statement (although false in and of itself) that I cannot get tickets and "can't get over it" lends credence to my argument that the fans in Toronto are better.

Wow it sounds like you were a spoiled brat and I guess you still are. Good for you. I guess you just need to get over yourself then because Ottawa did sell out both of the playoff games.

No, it wasn't fun watching the Sens loose in the playoffs but I did get to see them win a game in the Finals last year. Thats was probably my favorite game of the last two seasons, I still have the ticket. Actually in the last few years I have scene so much good playoff hockey that I can't really complain about what happened this year.
In a world where the dead are returning to life, the word "trouble" loses much of its meaning.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2008, 01:51:17 pm »

The issue with scalpers is that they will charge more then what they paid. I don't really have a problem with that either but I think the Government does since they don't declare it as income.

If that's the issue, then it's tax evasion that should be illegal, not ticket scalping.  Oh wait, it already is.

My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline Zombie

• Auto Obsessed
  • Brainszzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2008, 02:04:09 pm »

The issue with scalpers is that they will charge more then what they paid. I don't really have a problem with that either but I think the Government does since they don't declare it as income.

If that's the issue, then it's tax evasion that should be illegal, not ticket scalping.  Oh wait, it already is.

Well I said I don't really have a problem with it not the Gov. The Gov definitely has a problem with both.

baumer00

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2008, 02:26:34 pm »

Wow it sounds like you were a spoiled brat and I guess you still are. Good for you. I guess you just need to get over yourself then because Ottawa did sell out both of the playoff games.

No, it wasn't fun watching the Sens loose in the playoffs but I did get to see them win a game in the Finals last year. Thats was probably my favorite game of the last two seasons, I still have the ticket. Actually in the last few years I have scene so much good playoff hockey that I can't really complain about what happened this year.

Clearly I'm the spoiled brat (who was the first one to brag about getting free tickets??) and need to get over myself (after all, my signature says "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am", no, wait, that's yours).

By the way, I'm glad you've "scene" so many playoff games over the last few years, too bad ottawa is as sad as toronto and hasn't won sh*t in the last 40 years.

Offline Zombie

• Auto Obsessed
  • Brainszzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2008, 02:51:42 pm »

Clearly I'm the spoiled brat (who was the first one to brag about getting free tickets??) and need to get over myself (after all, my signature says "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am", no, wait, that's yours).

By the way, I'm glad you've "scene" so many playoff games over the last few years, too bad ottawa is as sad as toronto and hasn't won sh*t in the last 40 years.

I mentioned the free tickets tickets because I didn't want people to think that I would pay to go to a leaf game.
As for the Quote its from this
http://echosphere.net/star_trek_insp/star_trek_insp.html
but as an avatar its just too small to read. I guess I should change it since no one seems to realize it.

I'm pretty sure you as a Toronto fan would be pretty proud if your team made it to the finales even if they lost. So saying that Ottawa is as sad as Toronto  just isn't true and is just something bitter Leaf fans tell them selves. How many teams make it too the finials for the first time and loose and then make it back a few years later and win it all?

I'm sure Toronto will win the cup again maybe not for several years or decades but eventually they will.

In the mean time you can watch the new Mike Myers movie "The Love Guru" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0811138/
I hear the Leafs win the cup in this one.

baumer00

« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2008, 03:03:09 pm »
LAS/Zombie: Why don't we examine some facts, those are usually a good place to start: Senators entered the NHL in the 92/93 season, beginning in that season:
Senator Playoff Teams: 11
Leaf Playoff Teams: 10
Edge: Senators

Senator Conference Finals: 2
Leaf Conference Finals: 4
Edge: Leafs

Stanley Cup Finals:
Ottawa: 1
Leafs: 0
Edge: Ottawa

Head to Head
Leafs 4-0
Edge: Toronto

So they've been pretty even in terms of playoffs made, leafs have had twice as many conference finals and the leafs have dominated the sens in the playoffs 4-0 (sure the sens get props for making it to a cup, congratulations, I wish the leafs would make it to a cup), I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

Offline Zombie

• Auto Obsessed
  • Brainszzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2008, 04:39:38 pm »
Contrary to what you might think I don't actually didn't think the Leafs sucked this year (well at least not at pre-season time) and I actually though that they would make the playoffs.

Too show my good faith, here is a funny.
http://downgoesbrown.blogspot.com/2008/05/20-good-things-about-2007-08-leafs.html

baumer00

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2008, 05:05:49 pm »
Contrary to what you might think I don't actually didn't think the Leafs sucked this year (well at least not at pre-season time) and I actually though that they would make the playoffs.

Too show my good faith, here is a funny.
http://downgoesbrown.blogspot.com/2008/05/20-good-things-about-2007-08-leafs.html

I can't tell you how many times the leafs turned me away and pulled me back in this season (and last, and the one before that)...it's like a sick addiction, I'm just glad i don't pay for the seats (a couple of the games I was at this year they lost by 6 goals, sigh, and the one game I really wanted them to win that I was at was the last home game of the season when the sens crushed the leafs, thanks leafs!)

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2008, 08:26:20 pm »
I use simple measuring device:  how many times has the team tried (and almost got away with) sucking the federal gov't into bailing them out of bankruptcy because, after all, they're all good friends of the government?

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2008, 09:07:17 pm »
Any way, didn't Montreal win more Cups than Toronto and Ottawa combined?  :)

baumer00

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2008, 10:34:54 pm »

Well yeah, but I thought we were talking about Canadian teams, bwahahaha

baumer00

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2008, 09:52:55 am »
no doubt about that, I'd say at least 50.1%

***Just kidding, it's a joke, not to be taken seriously***
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 09:55:53 am by BJB »

Offline Zombie

• Auto Obsessed
  • Brainszzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2008, 12:50:37 pm »

The thing with Montreal's Cups and Toronto's cups in the earlier years is there should be a * beside them since those teams had an unfair advantage.
Read this: http://proicehockey.about.com/od/hockeyfaqsandtrivia/f/canadiens.htm

If you consider the fact the Leafs and Canadiens continued to benefit from players developed under the old system well into the 1970, Montreal has won 2 cups and Toronto has won zero in the NHL's modern system.
Well that and the fact that there are more then 6 teams in the league.

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2008, 11:43:15 pm »
Well yeah, but I thought we were talking about Canadian teams, bwahahaha

Oui, the Montreal Canadiens.