Author Topic: Hats off to the Habs  (Read 10625 times)

JVan

Re: Hats off to the Habs
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2008, 12:52:06 pm »
Glad the Habs won last night in OT. But not sure they deserved to win though.

The Bruins are going to remember for a long time the last penalty called against them.  That was a questionable call from the referee. Though I'm sure Kovalev isn't going to complain about it. Talk about coming close to be send to the dog house...

Yep the refs sure won that one for Montreal, 4 straight calls against Boston, the last one after Reich got high sticked, (should be a penalty as a pass is different than shot, it wouldn't be a penalty on a shot follow through but should be on a pass). http://youtube.com/watch?v=edSXIJaRdSo Here is the video, thats barely a penalty in the regular season, but in OT in the playoffs? The only way to get calls now in the NHL is to really over embellish them.
Enjoy your tainted victory habs.
Oh yeah don't be to suprised when someone takes a run at Kovalev either, after what that :censor: Begin did to Savard late in the season (cross check that broke a bone in his back, still injured with it but playing, no call on that one).

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 09:02:00 pm »
Glad the Habs won last night in OT. But not sure they deserved to win though.

The Bruins are going to remember for a long time the last penalty called against them.  That was a questionable call from the referee. Though I'm sure Kovalev isn't going to complain about it. Talk about coming close to be send to the dog house...

I agree with that call and the no call in the Game. If the Boston had worn a visor, there wouldn't be any guessing. This is playoff hockey;  and he shouldn't touch the opposing player's skates, especially when he is carry the puck out of the defense zone.

baumer00

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2008, 09:32:10 pm »
Ole Ole Ole....c'mon, everyone.....no, no one?? oh well

Let's go pens, beat those goons from philly

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2008, 10:13:37 pm »
It was fun while it lasted...  :(

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2008, 01:26:10 am »
Watched the Sharks and Stars last night ... this morning ... the whole game. Very entertaining.

The Habs lost in 5, coulda been 4 straight. Game 1 was a fluke that they won. They were outplayed, and the power play couldn't click when the game is on the line.

Leviathan

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2008, 01:43:22 am »
Watched the Sharks and Stars last night ... this morning ... the whole game. Very entertaining.
Morrow is out of his mind! I had other things to do at 6pm so I PVR'd the game and didn't start watching it until about 1230am when I got home. Luckily I added enough extra time to catch the whole game or I would have been pretty frickin' cranky to stay up that late and not see the end   :'(

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7209
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2008, 01:49:11 am »
I'm on the "Anyone but the Red Wings" bandwagon...
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Zombie

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +2/-1
  • Brainszzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2008, 03:11:00 am »
It's also amazing how the pathetic sens fans can't even sell out an arena for a playoff game, that would never happen in a real hockey city.

Its amazing how jaded you leafs fans are. You sell out every game because of all the corporations in Toronto but people don't show up to the games. How many times have you seen empty seats at the ACC?

People aren't buying those tickets corporations are. I've been to games at the ACC and games at the Scotiabank place there are more people at the Sens games by far. I have a friend that works for the Leafs and he will say the same thing (actually he pointed it out to me) but they don't care because there still making tones of money.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hylaride/281406433/
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 03:12:52 am by Zombie »
In a world where the dead are returning to life, the word "trouble" loses much of its meaning.

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2008, 09:13:02 am »
And didn't the Sens end up with the 3rd highest average attendance out of the entire league this year? 

I found this:
The crowd of 20,232 was the Senators' 34th consecutive sellout and helped the team set a new single season attendance record. Ottawa's total attendance of 812,665 - an average of 19,821 per game - included 38 sellouts in 41 games at Scotiabank Place and topped the previous franchise record of 798,453 set in 2005-06.

baumer00

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2008, 12:48:05 pm »
OK, it doesn't make a difference who is buying the seats in Toronto, they are sold.  Toronto fans do show up, they show up a little late, but in the end the tickets are sold and everyone shows up and MLSE makes their money.  The waiting list for season tickets is insane, try registering, you'll get your tickets in 15-30 years if you're lucky (try this in ottawa and I bet you get them the day you want them).  You always see "empty" seats at the beginning of games, I was at 8 games this season and the seats are always empty at the beginning of the game and each period b/c everyone in the good seats is eating the food in the platinum lounges underneath the stadium (meaning the people are in the rink).

My shot at ottawa was based on reports that they had not sold out a playoff game (they may have sold out in the end but there were tickets available to ANY AND ALL who wanted them) - that would NEVER happen in Toronto.  34 consecutive sellouts, well the last time I checked there were 41 home games in a a season, so big whoop.

BTW, great evidence with the picture, you totally shoved it in my face, oh wait, it appears as though the game hasn't started b/c we can't see any players and the scoreboard is still showing the screen that shows up prior to the game starting (or intermissions).  I bet I can show up early to any rink and take a picture like that.

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2008, 12:50:46 pm »
Usually the only available seats are $100+ 

I won't even pay $25 for a ticket (which I believe is the cheapest seats you can get).  Every game I have attended as been a freebie -- I can't believe anyone spends $100-$400 to watch a hockey game.

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2008, 12:52:14 pm »
Bringing the topic BACK to what the title says:

Definitely, a big round of congratulations and :thumbup: to the team.  1st in the conference.  Excellent if somewhat underpowered hockey for most of the playoffs.  They are a young team with a great foundation on which to build for the coming years.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

baumer00

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2008, 12:55:48 pm »
Usually the only available seats are $100+ 

I won't even pay $25 for a ticket (which I believe is the cheapest seats you can get).  Every game I have attended as been a freebie -- I can't believe anyone spends $100-$400 to watch a hockey game.

The key is that they are available.

*I looked up attendance figures on ESPN, while I don't quite understand how they determine things, Ottawa was third in the league, TO was fifth - both with averages of over 100% attendance*

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2008, 01:31:24 pm »
Yes they said this on HNIC back when the Sens were in the playoffs....  Ottawa was third, very high up there.

Offline Zombie

• Auto Obsessed
  • Brainszzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2008, 03:55:15 pm »
Bringing the topic BACK to what the title says:

Definitely, a big round of congratulations and :thumbup: to the team.  1st in the conference.  Excellent if somewhat underpowered hockey for most of the playoffs.  They are a young team with a great foundation on which to build for the coming years.

Yes congratulations to the Habs for making it to the second round, good work. And a big round off applause for the people of Montreal who rioted after they made it.

Offline Zombie

• Auto Obsessed
  • Brainszzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2008, 01:11:01 am »
My shot at ottawa was based on reports that they had not sold out a playoff game

Ok well my shot at Toronto is that they haven't even sold one playoff game for the last four years!!!

Toronto has a 5 times bigger population then Ottawa so of course they sell out every game. You really just need to get over the fact that you can't get tickets to the Leafs games in Toronto and not worry about the other city's in the country.

I can pretty much go to games whenever I want (how is this a bad thing?) as long as I buy the tickets in advance for at least the popular games. So this year I went to 6 regular season games, one playoff game, one Montreal Toronto game in Montreal (for free) and one Ottawa Toronto game in Toronto (for free again). How many games did you go and see?

baumer00

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2008, 09:59:20 am »
My shot at ottawa was based on reports that they had not sold out a playoff game

Ok well my shot at Toronto is that they haven't even sold one playoff game for the last four years!!!

Toronto has a 5 times bigger population then Ottawa so of course they sell out every game. You really just need to get over the fact that you can't get tickets to the Leafs games in Toronto and not worry about the other city's in the country.

I can pretty much go to games whenever I want (how is this a bad thing?) as long as I buy the tickets in advance for at least the popular games. So this year I went to 6 regular season games, one playoff game, one Montreal Toronto game in Montreal (for free) and one Ottawa Toronto game in Toronto (for free again). How many games did you go and see?

Well if you could read, you would see in one of my previous posts that I said I went to 8 games this year (all at the ACC - platinum and gold, booyah! and all FREE - including seeing Ottawa, Montreal, Detroit).  I've never had trouble getting tickets, in fact, my family had season tickets until I was 13 (on the glass - a couple of seats away from the visitors bench, in fact, as a child I would get pucks given to me at every game and at one game Bob Sauve, a goalie for Chicago at the time, tapped me on the shoulder and gave me his goalie stick).  So congratulations on seeing 6 games - amazing (and also on the playoff thing, it must have been awesome to see Ottawa win lose)

But that has nothing to do with what I have been saying; I'm simply saying that it's sad that Ottawa couldn't sell out a playoff game - your statement (although false in and of itself) that I cannot get tickets and "can't get over it" lends credence to my argument that the fans in Toronto are better.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2008, 11:00:17 am »
All you have to do to get tickets is buy them off the scalpers - be prepared to dicker, too.

Last time we went to Montreal, my wife and I picked up some good tix in the metro station....when he named his price, my wife laughed, and never even stopped walking.  He chased after us, and we made a deal, because it was getting close to game time.

I never really understood why scalping is a problem - it's simply buying and reselling an item, no different from buying and reselling a car. 
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2008, 11:12:31 am »
..Must be the whole "hair" thing............do they scalp Cleveland games???? ;D..bald guys must make out like bandits pre game then............
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Zombie

• Auto Obsessed
  • Brainszzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2008, 12:48:02 pm »
All you have to do to get tickets is buy them off the scalpers - be prepared to dicker, too.

Last time we went to Montreal, my wife and I picked up some good tix in the metro station....when he named his price, my wife laughed, and never even stopped walking.  He chased after us, and we made a deal, because it was getting close to game time.

I never really understood why scalping is a problem - it's simply buying and reselling an item, no different from buying and reselling a car. 

The issue with scalpers is that they will charge more then what they paid. I don't really have a problem with that either but I think the Government does since they don't declare it as income.