Author Topic: Terrible Tragedy in the Neighborhood  (Read 3761 times)

Offline Trainman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +24/-28
  • Tree Whisperer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Subaru Forester XT; 2017 Infiniti QX50; 2012 Toyota RAV4 Base AWD, the daughters car
Re: Terrible Tragedy in the Neighborhood
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2008, 12:56:26 pm »
Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts, it helps.

The media hoard are finally leaving.  We had 4 remote link satellite trucks plus their support vehicles as well as the radio and print media camped on-site for the last 36 hrs.  Every time someone went to place anything at the makeshift memorial, they were swarmed by the media.  Quite disgusting, in my opinion   :thumbdown:

As for how the RCMP have handled this, there have been questions raised for sure.  I can see one possible reason for at first saying they had no suspect in mind: it is known the father/suspect has a history of mental issues so maybe if you let it out there is no suspect, then he will not try to hide and be much easier, not to mention quicker, to find.  And with no school on Sunday, there was no real pressing need to warn students.

However as rumors started to swirl, then I think the police should have given out more pertinent info.  The local school board is just choked the RCMP has not given them any info on which to make decisions on closing/opening schools, so they are taking a half way approach by closing the one elementary school the kids went to and which the guy was arrested last week.  But the other 3 are still open and 2 of those are along the river the police are concentrating their manhunt   :-\

I hope the judge that elected to set him free last week after the incident at the school, and against the recommendation of the RCMP, can sleep well at night.  I would not be able to.

As all of us here are wishing, I hope they find him quickly and announce that he is dead.  How that happens I do not care.
2016 Subaru Forester XT