Author Topic: Mustang Church  (Read 1530 times)

UmroAyyar

Mustang Church
« on: April 05, 2008, 11:31:51 am »

Charles Ales is into Ford Mustangs. In fact, he owns several; his collection includes all three BOSS variants and four new Shelbys. Over years of collecting cars and hobnobbing with others who share his interests, he noticed that the real car people's enthusiasm for their rides borders on religious fervor. An idea popped into Charles' head last summer, and The Mustang Church of America and Museum was born. It's even got its own logo: the Christian fish symbol with the running pony inside.

Built next to the house in which he was born, the facility is set to open later this summer and will display Mr. Ales' collection of Mustangs. He also plans to host car shows, swap meets and two Mustang blessings a year. Charles and his adopted son Robert Brunch, both ordained ministers, will preside over Sunday services in the non-denominational church. "I'll preach goodness and helping my fellow humankind. I'll preach what we're supposed to do - make this a better world than we found it," he told the local Pittsburg, KS Morning Sun newspaper.

The mural behind his pulpit will show Jesus at the wheel of a '66 Mustang. Bet you don't have one of those at your church.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/05/bow-your-heads-kansas-man-forming-mustang-church-of-america/

Mitlov

Re: Mustang Church
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 11:44:33 am »
I can't wait for the first Crusade of the Camaro church against the Mustang church.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-384
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 12:21:41 pm »
Would Jesus drive a 'stang? I guess we will have to wait and see, but 2k years ago that could have made such an entrance in Jerusalem  ;)
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

barrie1

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 05:17:06 pm »
That would be smoking to have a Church Parade with the Stanges taking on the Camaro's. Between the burning rubber and racing alcohol they would have a pretty quick service.  :) :rofl: :rofl:

Offline inco

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +29/-32
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Forester
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 05:44:45 pm »
I'll bet you a hundred bucks that there's another Challenger in the wings! :rofl: ;D

barrie1

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 09:48:59 pm »
 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 :)

Offline Wolverine

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Ford Focus sedan 2008 1.6 Flexfuel
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 09:07:54 am »
I can't wait for the first Crusade of the Camaro church against the Mustang church.

I can see rivers of blood and smell smoking tires, ehehehh.

Amen brother.
"If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and make a change."

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 11:12:53 am »
..MY Monies on MUSTANG SALLY ANN................ :cp2: :skid: :drive2:
Time is to stop everything happening at once