Author Topic: New TSX unmasked...tech details on page 2  (Read 19702 times)

Offline Julie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-366
    • View Profile
  • Cars: nb miata, nc mx-5, e92 m3, mk6 gti
Re: New TSX unmasked...but no technical details yet
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2008, 08:10:26 pm »
I agree with the others about the grille. I'm hoping it looks better in person. (I really disliked the new MDX when it was first shown in photos, but like it in person.)

Mitlov

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 09:48:01 pm »
Full press release for 2009 Acura TSX:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/13/new-york-preview-2009-acura-tsx-details-surface/

And you know what?  ACURA FAILS.  No diesel.  No turbo.  No SH-AWD.  Same basic powertrain as the 2006-2008 TSX.

Offline JSCC

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2008, 10:31:31 pm »
Full press release for 2009 Acura TSX:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/13/new-york-preview-2009-acura-tsx-details-surface/

And you know what?  ACURA FAILS.  No diesel.  No turbo.  No SH-AWD.  Same basic powertrain as the 2006-2008 TSX.

Turbo + SH-AWD should be coming on the Type-S.
IIRC Acura has never released a Type-S version of any vehicle in the first model year.
So folks who want more power, 2010 TSX Type-S it is.

Diesel should be coming close to the end of the year as a 2009 model.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 11:11:00 pm by JSCC »
2011 MB C300 4Matic (Tenorite Grey)
2010 MB C300 4Matic (Iridium Silver)
2002 VW Jetta 1.8T GLS Sport Luxury Leather package

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
Re: New TSX unmasked...tech details on page 2
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2008, 10:47:52 pm »
 ::) ::) ::)

I was interested with this "new" TSX. But what, no SH-AWD, no turbo or even a diesel at this moment!!  ::) ???

Boring. Moving on...

Diesel in what, 2010?

Mitlov

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2008, 11:11:32 pm »
Turbo + SH-AWD should be coming on the Type-S.
Diesel should be coming close to the end of the year.

We've been hearing that rumor, though, for years, without ANY confirmation from Acura.  I'm starting to wonder if the turbo AWD TSX is going to be like the Supra...a car we all want to be built, and a car which easily could be patched together as a parts-bin special, but a car which, for some unknown reason, Acura/Toyota refuses to build.

Offline Wetson

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +10/-3
  • Moi
    • View Profile
    • My real estate website
  • Cars: 2019 Acura TLX SH-AWD Elite, 2018 Audi S5 Cabriolet
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2008, 09:17:51 am »
The standard list of equipment is impressive.  I actually like the front of it.  The grill isn't all that bad.  I think it's one of those that will look better in person.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 03:45:21 pm by Wetson »

Mitlov

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2008, 02:48:32 pm »
More bad news for people hoping for a turbocharged SH-AWD TSX:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/24/our-friends-abroad-wont-be-getting-a-honda-accord-type-r/

With the all-new European Honda Accord set to debut next month in Geneva, word is that buyers will be disappointed to hear there are apparently no plans to launch a high-performance Type-R version of the new chassis. Honda does not feel the all-new model fits the Type-R brand, adding that the new European Accord is designed to propel the company into competing with the likes of BMW and Audi. Honda does have plans to release Accords with modified suspension and body kits, but with standard engines, much like Audi does with its S-line models.

The United States will see the all-new Euro Accord re-badged as the 2009 Acura TSX, first arriving at the New York Auto Show next month.

curls

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2008, 08:16:44 pm »
More bad news for people hoping for a turbocharged SH-AWD TSX:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/24/our-friends-abroad-wont-be-getting-a-honda-accord-type-r/

With the all-new European Honda Accord set to debut next month in Geneva, word is that buyers will be disappointed to hear there are apparently no plans to launch a high-performance Type-R version of the new chassis. Honda does not feel the all-new model fits the Type-R brand, adding that the new European Accord is designed to propel the company into competing with the likes of BMW and Audi. Honda does have plans to release Accords with modified suspension and body kits, but with standard engines, much like Audi does with its S-line models.

The United States will see the all-new Euro Accord re-badged as the 2009 Acura TSX, first arriving at the New York Auto Show next month.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

HONDA/ACURA SUCKS NOW!!

Mitlov

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2008, 09:28:54 pm »
I just don't understand why a company that has all the components to make a truly brilliant parts-bin special...doesn't.  It just doesn't make sense to me.  I really hope Autoblog is wrong on this one, because a turbocharged SH-AWD TSX with a six-speed manual at US$35,000 would be doable, profitable, and a very credible threat to the 328i and G35.

I hope Autoblog is wrong, but I fear they're right.

robarakira

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2008, 11:39:35 pm »
the TL will host a powertrain set to seek and destroy.   Thus, it makes sense for Acura's entry model, the TSX (in the US), to be a more affordable and economical (if boring) alternative.

Mitlov

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2008, 12:16:28 am »
the TL will host a powertrain set to seek and destroy.   Thus, it makes sense for Acura's entry model, the TSX (in the US), to be a more affordable and economical (if boring) alternative.

???

That's like saying that, because the 5-Series is a great sport sedan, the 3-Series doesn't have to be.

Offline JSCC

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2008, 12:48:59 am »
Entry line TL engine = top line TSX engine.
I'm cool with that.
So 2.3T I-4 or 3.2L V6 with 260HP?

robarakira

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2008, 12:49:29 am »

???

That's like saying that, because the 5-Series is a great sport sedan, the 3-Series doesn't have to be.

;D
A Honda Accord will never be a 3-Series.

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2008, 01:10:24 am »
I'm cool with that.

I think the 3.2L V6 would make the TSX too top heavy.

Offline JSCC

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2008, 01:24:43 am »
I'm cool with that.

I think the 3.2L V6 would make the TSX too top heavy.

Don't worry, SH-AWD will make it @$$ heavy and balance it out.  ;D

Mitlov

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2008, 10:53:51 am »
Just got re-debuted in New York.  It's much nicer in silver (the grill is less in-your-face).  Still no mention of any drivetrain besides the naturally-aspirated inline-four and FWD...

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/19/new-york-2008-2009-acura-tsx-revealed-again-but-live/

ghost

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2008, 12:43:18 pm »
When I think of TSX, I think of the Toronto Stock Exchange and how it has been seeing red lately  :-\
An AWD TSX is not a wrx contender. Likely a Legacy contender.

Offline RayT

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +23/-30
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2008, 02:37:40 pm »
Yawn

Offline Wetson

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +10/-3
  • Moi
    • View Profile
    • My real estate website
  • Cars: 2019 Acura TLX SH-AWD Elite, 2018 Audi S5 Cabriolet
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2008, 04:30:35 pm »
Yawn

:iagree:

There's something not quite right about the styling.  The interior looks to similar to the previous generation TSX.  Hmmmmmm The exterior styling doesn't look as aggresive as the previous generation either.  Hmmmmmmm.

BORING!!!!!!

Mitlov

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2008, 11:10:24 pm »
Ten gazillion high-res pictures here:

http://www.netcarshow.com/acura/2009-tsx/

The exterior is a definite downgrade, and I'm unhappy that they made it bigger instead of sportier, but at least the interior is nice: