Author Topic: PS3 Games  (Read 16443 times)

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
Re: PS3 Games
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2008, 11:29:34 am »
^^^^Where'd you get it from?  Bummer it's not wireless....

With Force feedback, don't think they can make it wireless. There is a W/L (Bluetooth) keyboard&touch-pad combo for the PS3 tho. Cost is $60 on it.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/playstation_3/devices/3616&cl=ca,en

Also getting another different wheel, for head-2-head competition.  :) To determine who is the better driver between the Mrs & I.

A computer supplier company I deal with sell these stuff, PM me if you are interested.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 11:31:26 am by initial_D »

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2008, 11:31:37 am »
Spend 1 hour playiong with the PS3 last night, liking it so far. No games yet. Watch YouTube on full screen, picture and sound quality is more than acceptable .. for freebie on the internet. Ran 2 browsers side by side, on the same video, creating a certain 3-D effect. Did manage to look up the PS3 in browsing the internet once.

Watched iMax deep sea, very good picture and sound. No BD here, have to get some soon, and the GT5 game.

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2008, 11:54:57 am »
Was on the phone with quadzilla last night, he helped me set-up the PS3 to stream pics,vids and music from my networked laptop. Thanks Quad!
Question, Can I pull word docs now as well?
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2008, 11:57:28 am »
Depends on the file format. Don't think PS3 supports .doc formats, or even .pdf format.

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2008, 12:06:11 pm »
The following types of files can be played under  (Video)
Memory Stick Video Format
- MPEG-4 SP (AAC LC)
- H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Main Profile (AAC LC)
MP4 file format
- H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile (AAC LC)
MPEG-1 (MPEG Audio Layer 2)
MPEG-2 PS (MPEG2 Audio Layer 2, AAC LC, AC3(Dolby Digital), LPCM)
MPEG-2 TS (MPEG2 Audio Layer 2)
AVI
- Motion JPEG (Linear PCM)
- Motion JPEG (μ-Law)
AVCHD (.m2ts / .mts)
DivX
WMV
- VC-1(WMA Standard V2)

The following types of files can be played under  (Music)

Memory Stick Audio Format(ATRAC)
MP3(MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer 3)
MP4(MPEG-4 AAC)
WAVE(Linear PCM)
WMA

The following types of files can be displayed under  (Photo)

JPEG (DCF 2.0/Exif 2.21 compliant)
TIFF
BMP
GIF
PNG

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2008, 12:39:41 pm »
The public always wants more...
Thanks!
Railton

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2008, 12:53:46 pm »
PS3 Runs on GNU Linux, someone will eventually find a way to put a full flavor of the OS on it. Or Windows!  :)  :banana:  :banana:

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2008, 03:04:38 pm »
My interest is a Linux OS Kernel that can do the regular PS3 stuff and regular OS stuff, dual booting is not as useful. A laptop with a screen and battery is better in that regard.

Offline Zoo

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +1/-0
  • Always hungry..
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 HHR, 2007 Yaris, 1981 CB 750 Custom
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2008, 03:11:20 pm »
I had a friend over last weekend who brought his 80GB PS3 over. My wife and I joined in for some Rock Band and she had a blast playing bass! I have been hinting for months about getting a PS3 for some modern gaming plus the Blu-Ray capability.

What was a pleasant surprise was how well the PS2 backwards capability was on this unit. I tried about 40 of my PS2 games on there and the only ones that had issues were the Grand Turismo games. This would be no biggie as I would just get the PS3 GT5 and be done with it. All my PS2 compilations worked (Atari, Activision, Capcom, Midway, Taito, Namco, SNK etc).

No need for me to hunt for a used 60 Gig unit which may have issues. 80 Gig PS3 here I come! :D

Offline prufrock

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +2/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2008, 07:30:38 pm »
I had a friend over last weekend who brought his 80GB PS3 over. My wife and I joined in for some Rock Band and she had a blast playing bass! I have been hinting for months about getting a PS3 for some modern gaming plus the Blu-Ray capability.

What was a pleasant surprise was how well the PS2 backwards capability was on this unit. I tried about 40 of my PS2 games on there and the only ones that had issues were the Grand Turismo games. This would be no biggie as I would just get the PS3 GT5 and be done with it. All my PS2 compilations worked (Atari, Activision, Capcom, Midway, Taito, Namco, SNK etc).

No need for me to hunt for a used 60 Gig unit which may have issues. 80 Gig PS3 here I come! :D
Hint: the PS2 Rockband can be had for $99 right now, with all of the same instruments as the PS3 version, and you can probably get a used copy of Rockband for PS3 for $20.

BTW, we've had it for about 3 weeks and it's the first game I know my wife will get long-term play out of. It's too bad the DLC is only so-so and the new game is coming out so soon.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2008, 07:56:12 pm »
Rock band is great! I bought just the game in Nov for my PS2 and was using my GH guitar. I was looking to get a drum set ($80.00) and but with the price drop the other day I could get the drum kit, a cordless guitar, a microphone, and a spare game copy for a $100.00 all in, incredible value.

Wish I had a PS3 for the downloadable content and the much better world tour mode, but at least when some money rolls in and I can afford one all my PS2 instruments will just plug in.

Now to get that %$#^ rhythm down. Drums is hard.   :D

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2008, 12:26:01 am »
Oh man, do I ever suck at GT5! !! Need more practice, lotsa of it. The force feedback on the wheel is very sensitive, feel every bump on the track.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7218
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2008, 12:27:09 am »
It looks so nice though, eh?  And replaying your vids rules..and looks fantastic!
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2008, 12:37:05 am »
Graphic details are unbelievable.  :thumbup: :thumbup: Replay shows the mistakes ...  :)

Offline Zoo

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +1/-0
  • Always hungry..
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 HHR, 2007 Yaris, 1981 CB 750 Custom
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2008, 12:45:24 am »

Hint: the PS2 Rockband can be had for $99 right now, with all of the same instruments as the PS3 version, and you can probably get a used copy of Rockband for PS3 for $20.

BTW, we've had it for about 3 weeks and it's the first game I know my wife will get long-term play out of. It's too bad the DLC is only so-so and the new game is coming out so soon.

Cool! ;D

My wife seemed to have a great time playing bass and this would be a way to have some fun until a PS3 comes around. Then it is just another guitar (to have two strings) and the PS3 Rockband game...

Oh boy... :D

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2008, 12:55:38 pm »
As real as it gets!

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/06/gran-turismo-5-competition-will-put-winners-in-a-real-race/

Gran Turismo 5 competition will put winners in a real race

Umm ... is this really a good idea? Sony Computer Entertainment Europe and Nissan seem to think so, having announced "the ultimate competitive driving test" in the form of "GT Academy." The eight-month long European competition will see two obsessive Gran Turismo 5 Prologue players win a four-month training programme to "earn their racing licenses" and, consequently, discover that the ol' mid-turn bump-and-go isn't advised in real life. Following the training, the winners will be granted the opportunity to drive a Nissan 350Z in a 24-hour endurance race in Dubai in January 2009.

To get your foot in the door of GT Academy, you'll first have to keep it planted on a pedal as you face "a series of elimination-based competitions on and off the racetrack." Before that, you'll have to qualify in an online GT5 Prologue tournament on the PlayStation Network, details of which will arrive when GT Academy goes live at the end of May. We wish the entrants the best of luck and remind them that the damage modeling in real-life, 80000p racing is totally awesome.