Author Topic: PS3 Games  (Read 16446 times)

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +392/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
Re: PS3 Games
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2008, 09:21:18 am »
I caved on the weekend and bought a PS3 for use as a BD player. Although I already had one, I'm a techno-junkie and wanted every sound codec available and the PS3 will be the first to step up to the plate (April 15th) that is affordable. I'm sure the $2000 Denon is a great BD player but I could get another bike for that price.

I won't be done all my testing until the patch comes through but so far I will say its a great BD player. The load times are out of this world which is so nice after the sub-standard load times of almost every other player out there right now.

Maybe once the full GT5 comes out I might even try that.

Offline 2latecrew

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +11/-4
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2007 Nissan Sentra (AKA The Toaster)
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2008, 06:13:53 pm »
Call of Duty 4 may be one of the most stunning games I've ever played. graphics, sound its got it all. I bought the PS3 as a BluRay player (at least that's what I told the wife ;D) It truly is a great peice of gear. Why anyone would spend more $ for a standalone Bluray is beyond me. Weck with the new updates its even a pretty decent standard DVD upscale player. Why go out and spend $100 or $200 on a DVD player when for another $200 you can have a DVD player that plays BluRay, streams music and video surfs the net (although I find that expereince very unappealing unless you go and install linux on your PS3) and plays games. Plus it looks really cool, its quite, and so far has a low failure rate. The only thing I don't like is the Bluetooth only interface that prevents me from using my Harmony remote to control it.

As for games I have not played many I play NBA 2k8 a lot. As I said COD 4 is great. I have GT5 on order. Burnout Pardaise City looked pretty good from the demo I played. Very freeform. Lots of fun online to race around smashing into people.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7218
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2008, 06:35:43 pm »
MLB 08 is stunning.  Just amazing.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

UmroAyyar

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2008, 08:26:56 pm »
For the real gamers here.

It is a limited edition Takuma Sato Play Seat that can be parked in front of your TV for just 60,900 cents/Yen (around $600 USD). There goes that precious living room square footage freed up by last year's purchase of an ultra thin widescreen plasma display. Play Seats are comaptible with PS2s, 3s, Wiis and X-Boxes.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/16/takuma-sato-gets-new-seat/

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2008, 08:52:10 pm »
6 months later the 5 free Blue ray movies came in the mail.
Also of note, Has anyone with a PS3 tried plugging in their flash card from their digital camera yet? Try the slide show options. A PS3 is a great piece of technology.
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2008, 08:42:49 am »
Also of note, Has anyone with a PS3 tried plugging in their flash card from their digital camera yet? Try the slide show options. A PS3 is a great piece of technology.
Railton

Has anyone with a PS3 tried plugging in their flash card from their digital camera yet?

Why stop there...just hook it up to your home network and then you can stream all your pictures, movies and music. Do you ever put up the earth screensaver? Tres cool.

I like the way the PS3 does picture slide shows but it could use a better interface for music. The way the X360 does it is much better (looks just like Windows Media Player) as you get all of your cover art. Plus, the PS3 for how advanced it is will not play all types of lossless music.

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2008, 03:36:53 pm »
Railton

Has anyone with a PS3 tried plugging in their flash card from their digital camera yet?

Why stop there...just hook it up to your home network and then you can stream all your pictures, movies and music. Do you ever put up the earth screensaver? Tres cool.

I like the way the PS3 does picture slide shows but it could use a better interface for music. The way the X360 does it is much better (looks just like Windows Media Player) as you get all of your cover art. Plus, the PS3 for how advanced it is will not play all types of lossless music.

Yes, it is hooked up to the home network but I'm not sure what your refering to?
And yes, the earth screen saver is tres cool.
Railton
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 05:17:27 pm by Railton »

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2008, 05:58:51 pm »
Railton

You can select your music, pictures and movies from your home network to play through the PS3. Just make sure you put them all in the MY Music, MY Pictures and MY Movies folders.

Then find them under the appropriate tab and select them.

Yes, it is hooked up to the home network but I'm not sure what your refering to?
Railton

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2008, 07:03:06 pm »
Railton

Y

Railton
You can select your music, pictures and movies from your home network to play through the PS3. Just make sure you put them all in the MY Music, MY Pictures and MY Movies folders.

Then find them under the appropriate tab and select them.
OK, and how do I do that?
Railton

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2008, 06:37:41 am »
Ok, I'll start at the beginning.

Rip your music to the MY MUSIC folder and copy your pictures/movies to their respective folders.

If you don't have any programs to rip your music, just use WMP (Windows Media Player) to do it. Decide on what level of compression (if any) you would like. Personally I rip using a lossless format. It takes up more space but I'm ok with that. You may be happy with MP3 rips, that is up to you to feel out.

* NOTE: You can also rip your CDs right to the PS3's hard drive if you so choose.

After all the files are copied/ripped turn on your PS3 and on the menu go tot he tab for what you want. Pictures, Music or Movies. Under that tab you should see something like PLAY or WATCH, select that. Then you will see a list of your said items. Select what you want to see or listen to.

That is basically how it works.

I think I'll be riding by your place on Saturday if you want me to stop in.  ;D

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2008, 06:42:02 am »
Ok, I'll start at the beginning.

Rip your music to the MY MUSIC folder and copy your pictures/movies to their respective folders.

If you don't have any programs to rip your music, just use WMP (Windows Media Player) to do it. Decide on what level of compression (if any) you would like. Personally I rip using a lossless format. It takes up more space but I'm ok with that. You may be happy with MP3 rips, that is up to you to feel out.

* NOTE: You can also rip your CDs right to the PS3's hard drive if you so choose.

After all the files are copied/ripped turn on your PS3 and on the menu go tot he tab for what you want. Pictures, Music or Movies. Under that tab you should see something like PLAY or WATCH, select that. Then you will see a list of your said items. Select what you want to see or listen to.

That is basically how it works.

I think I'll be riding by your place on Saturday if you want me to stop in.  ;D
OK, I follow everything till I get to this part:
"Under that tab you should see something like PLAY or WATCH, select that. Then you will see a list of your said items. Select what you want to see or listen to."
I don't have that option which I suspect is the problem. The PS3 is connected to the network but there must be something in settlings not toggled enabled.
Railton

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2008, 12:44:17 am »
I just got my 80GB unit in ...  :banana:  :banana: Can't wait for  GT5!

vdk

« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2008, 12:56:13 am »
Played GT5 on an PS3... the demo... omg... ahhh... awesome... could spend months with that  ;D

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2008, 01:18:36 am »
We got Grand Theft Auto yesterday..WOW!!

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2008, 01:38:48 am »
I got the official GT5 steering wheel from Logitech as well, will dedicated sometime to learn how to drive. Cost was $100 + shiping

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/playstation_3/devices/4172&cl=ca,en

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2008, 01:51:22 am »
^^^^Where'd you get it from?  Bummer it's not wireless....

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2008, 06:34:32 am »
"Under that tab you should see something like PLAY or WATCH, select that. Then you will see a list of your said items. Select what you want to see or listen to."
I don't have that option which I suspect is the problem. The PS3 is connected to the network but there must be something in settlings not toggled enabled.
Railton

I've tried to find some instructions on the net and sadly this is all I could find.

http://www.expertvillage.com/video/49206_playstation-uses-music-playback.htm

Notice how you can scroll down when on the MUSIC tab. When you do that you should see your network computer/folders. Click on that and it should show what files (music) are in there.

I'll be home tonight trying to pack for this weekends big ride if you want to call me.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2008, 06:40:31 am »
We got Grand Theft Auto yesterday..WOW!!

I got this for my 360 and I agree, WOW! On the technical side I think they did an amazing job with the environment with changing weather, day/night and interaction with other people.

Have you dated Michelle yet? ;)

This game is clearly not for children.

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2008, 08:48:02 am »
Railton

I've tried to find some instructions on the net and sadly this is all I could find.

http://www.expertvillage.com/video/49206_playstation-uses-music-playback.htm

Notice how you can scroll down when on the MUSIC tab. When you do that you should see your network computer/folders. Click on that and it should show what files (music) are in there.

I'll be home tonight trying to pack for this weekends big ride if you want to call me.
Thanks, I'll try to give you a call then. I've been home late the last two nights due to conference calls on a new project I have in Korea. We've been using WEBEX at the meetings. Familiar with it?
Where's the ride to this weekend?
Railton

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2008, 09:32:27 am »
Thanks, I'll try to give you a call then. I've been home late the last two nights due to conference calls on a new project I have in Korea. We've been using WEBEX at the meetings. Familiar with it?
Railton

Toronto - Niagara Falls.

We've been using WEBEX at the meetings. Familiar with it?
Nope but we don't have much (if any) needs for any conferencing in our office.