Author Topic: Corvette ZR-1: official pics and info  (Read 6728 times)

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
Re: Corvette ZR-1: official pics and info
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 09:58:16 am »
:censor: all this pissing over the interior.  GM should cut out all that prissy leather and install carbon fibre racing seats, five points and have the roll cage visible.  Toggle switches on the dash for fuel supply, electric cut-off, etc.  This thing is already a light-weight, go for the gusto.

A "shaker" hood!  Yeeehaw!  Audi can keep their R8, this Vette will spank it's euro-ass.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Offline DriverJeff

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +181/-628
    • View Profile
    • Echo Bay Media
  • Cars: Whatever I'm assigned for the week + '13 Lexus GX460, '86 Toyota MR2, '18 Kawasaki Z900RS SE, 2021 Jeep Wrangler (GF's)
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007, 10:12:12 am »
:censor: all this pissing over the interior.  GM should cut out all that prissy leather and install carbon fibre racing seats, five points and have the roll cage visible.  Toggle switches on the dash for fuel supply, electric cut-off, etc.  This thing is already a light-weight, go for the gusto.

A "shaker" hood!  Yeeehaw!  Audi can keep their R8, this Vette will spank it's euro-ass.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I agree with making the interior more race-ready in appearance and functionality (ala. Ferrari Challenge Stradalle)

Better yet, for someone in the market for a Ferrari, pick up a 911 C4S for a daily driver AND a ZR-1 for the weekend track monster.  Yeehaw!  Same investment, double the pleasure!
The past:00 BMW M Rdstr, 19 Jetta, 15 Ducati Scrambler, 09 Triumph Bonneville, 98 Boxster, 17 Kawi Z900, 05 LS 430, 99 LS 400, 17 Subaru STI, 14 Triumph STR, 15 WRX, 09 Ducati Monster 1100,  08 335i, 06 Suzuki SV650S, 06 330i, 06 MX-5, 04 Audi A4, 03 Suzuki SV650S, 98 328i, 93 Civic Si, 85 Corolla

Mitlov

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007, 11:22:00 am »
The ZR-1 offers the performance of a $250,000 car at $100,000, and people are judging it by its dashboard design and HVAC controls?  The GT-R came out and people were judging it by its bodywork?  The turbo Solstice comes out and all people want to talk about is its trunk?  What's next, judging an M3 by its cupholders and a Lotus Exige by its air conditioning?

Sometimes I feel like this forum is the Camry Owner's Club of Canada...

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2007, 11:26:49 am »
. C.A.C.C'ah!!!.. ::) It's UMO's fault................ :shuffle: :pimp:.....aided and abetted by Arctic "S" :stick:....I'm on the RIGHT side on this one.............but the GTR body is still FUGLY :rofl2:
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2007, 12:05:23 pm »
So will the performance surpass the GT-Rs? That car is getting quite the following. I would assume yes but if so my guess would be it's far less an everyday machine with those big tires, although the magnetic ride may compensate ride somewhat.
AQUAMAN64 also posts on DriverBlogs.com!

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2007, 12:19:52 pm »
The ZR-1 offers the performance of a $250,000 car at $100,000, and people are judging it by its dashboard design and HVAC controls?  The GT-R came out and people were judging it by its bodywork?  The turbo Solstice comes out and all people want to talk about is its trunk?  What's next, judging an M3 by its cupholders and a Lotus Exige by its air conditioning?

Good post, Mitlov, I agree.... :thumbup:
2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo in Snowflake White Pearl
and
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 in Alpine White

Offline Cord

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +104/-115
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2007, 12:27:28 pm »

Did we miss the required comments about the "interior plastics quality"?  :)
"If we can just believe something then we don't have to really think for ourselves, do we?" Paul Haggis

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2007, 12:33:26 pm »
Of course ya can compare IT...if ya have $100,000 to fritter!!! ya want the best Bling & BANG fer yer dollars just as much as a TaTa buyer........ :bang: :think: :nono: :banghead: :banana: :skid:

Mitlov

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2007, 01:11:05 pm »
Of course ya can compare IT...if ya have $100,000 to fritter!!! ya want the best Bling & BANG fer yer dollars just as much as a TaTa buyer........ :bang: :think: :nono: :banghead: :banana: :skid:

For the record, the GT-R is priced against the Z06, not the ZR-1.  Both are about US$70,000.  The GT-R's overall performance is also more at Z06 levels than ZR-1 levels, though they have very different personalities.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 01:13:28 pm by Mitlov »

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2007, 01:15:18 pm »
..in THAT Stratosphere..ALL are comparable............i doubt the family/person who can unload $80 K Plus fer a Sunday Toy driver is concerned over a few $10's of K's...of course the snob appeal of the Bentley Ferrari crowd  are not going to be assuaged.....

ghost

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2007, 01:53:34 pm »
Where's the cup holder?!!!! Does it have iPod hook-ups? If not... fails.  ::)

barrie1

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2007, 02:13:34 am »
I think some folks just like to :censor: about anything that would or could demean the Vett. This is a all round car ment to be driven by anyone with the finances to have one, the interior is just fine if you were to sit in it and enjoy the car for what it is. Many of us like the interior so its a individual taste on just how it looks. I certainly wouldn't be upset to ride in it the way it is as its is very comfortable looking as well as practical to me. I am sure its more comfortable then some of the cars costing many thousands of dollars more and also has more interior options as well. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I think its a really beatiful interior the way it is :)

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2007, 06:39:56 am »

Thats a plan.  Offer a factory option of the stripped raceday ready interior.  Probably not with naked toggle switches actually installed as some safety nazi would complain but a removable panel that can be replaced with the proper one that would be  in the trunk after delivery. Same with the exterior cut off switch( they still have those?)
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline DriverJeff

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +181/-628
    • View Profile
    • Echo Bay Media
  • Cars: Whatever I'm assigned for the week + '13 Lexus GX460, '86 Toyota MR2, '18 Kawasaki Z900RS SE, 2021 Jeep Wrangler (GF's)
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2007, 09:33:08 am »

See?  See?  We let women and Toyota owners in here and the whole place goes to hell in a handbasket.  :-X ( I kid, I kid -- the women are fine )...    ;D

UmroAyyar

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2007, 10:08:49 am »

See?  See?  We let women and Toyota owners in here and the whole place goes to hell in a handbasket.  :-X ( I kid, I kid -- the women are fine )...    ;D

Oi!  :eye:
The steering wheel has the similar colour combo as my car.  :rofl2:

Super performance at cut throat price, its a toy people, not something to live with. This car is fab.  :thumbup:

Mitlov

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2007, 11:00:57 am »

I like women!  Toyota owners, on the other hand...  ;D ;D ;D

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2007, 11:49:13 am »
 So on women Toyota owners yer...." so so come si cum sa.............." ;D :stick: Now wot if she also has a VETTE or heaven forbid a FERRARI........... :P :spam:

UmroAyyar

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2007, 12:03:49 pm »

I like women!  Toyota owners, on the other hand...  ;D ;D ;D

Ok, Does your wife(the woman) own the Toyota or you?  :P

Mitlov

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2007, 12:09:02 pm »
Ok, Does your wife(the woman) own the Toyota or you?  :P

She does.  I'm just joking around, there's nothing wrong with Toyota owners...

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2007, 12:11:36 pm »
COP out ya needed a snappier comeback...................of course ya were jesting...never mind yer "righters" strike may soon be Ovr Leno & LETTERMAN are coming back Jan 2 as MIMES........... :rofl2:..it's the LOTUS EATERS I hates........... ;)