Author Topic: Forza2 racing to start up again - come join  (Read 5119 times)

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
Re: Forza2 racing to start up again - come join
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 12:40:32 pm »
I just bought an XBOX and it came with Forza2.

Anyone interested?

Always!  Add my GT "dcinto".  I'm more into racing at A-Class and below. Actually have more fun in the B and C classes. Of course, we can also set up a race based on numbers, not classes. Note, I'm a little rusty as I haven't played much in the summer.

Did you get the wheel and headset? The wheel makes for a better game and the head set really helps when setting up the races.

I use to race against Careener and he is a worthy opponent. Hopefully he will have some free time for a race or two.

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 01:16:44 pm »
For now I just have the headset.  I'm gonna wait a bit for the wheel.

While you're rusty, I'm just getting into the game.

I'll add your GT this evening.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline Ice

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +15/-25
  • 2009 Corolla XRS
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2008, 09:47:48 pm »
Sounds interesting...one problem is that I so far am too cheap to pay up with this whole Live thing.  Matchmaking is free on PC, PS3, but not on 360.  Kinda annoying.

But I really would love to have some fun but semi-serious races online with Forza 2.  I love that game. Especially the painting and tuning actually...the racing sometimes takes second seat.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2008, 10:06:44 pm »
Sounds interesting...one problem is that I so far am too cheap to pay up with this whole Live thing.  Matchmaking is free on PC, PS3, but not on 360.  Kinda annoying.

But I really would love to have some fun but semi-serious races online with Forza 2.  I love that game. Especially the painting and tuning actually...the racing sometimes takes second seat.

Xbox Live cost $60/year otherwise $5/month, I would hardly call that expensive. They have one of the best setups for playing live games in the world, this costs money to run and maintain so I have no issue helping paying for that.

So break open that piggy bank and check the couch for extra change.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2008, 10:11:18 pm »
Too bad XBox sucks and has a 60% failure/break down rate!   ;D  (PS3 owner here!)   :rofl2:
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Wolverine

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Ford Focus sedan 2008 1.6 Flexfuel
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2008, 11:04:22 pm »
I now have the XBOX, bu not Forza2 yet... :'(
"If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and make a change."

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2008, 09:54:42 am »
Co-worker just sent in his box for the red ring of death and got 2 boxes back in return!  Lucky him!

Offline Ice

• Drunk on Fuel
  • 2009 Corolla XRS
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2008, 11:48:13 pm »

Xbox Live cost $60/year otherwise $5/month, I would hardly call that expensive. They have one of the best setups for playing live games in the world, this costs money to run and maintain so I have no issue helping paying for that.

So break open that piggy bank and check the couch for extra change.
I know but I'm cheap :)

I think I may consider it...I still have 1 month free to try out so I may see how that goes!

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2008, 07:03:26 am »

I think I may consider it...I still have 1 month free to try out so I may see how that goes!

If you were truly cheap you would have bought the Xbox-Original not Xbox360.  ;)

Since you still have your 1 month free, set it up and give online racing a try. It is 10x better than racing a computer which is quite predictable. I'm going to try and set something up next week.

BTW....we only race clean. No bumper cars please.

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2008, 07:28:52 am »
I promise no intentional bumper cars.

Offline Ice

• Drunk on Fuel
  • 2009 Corolla XRS
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2008, 05:50:35 pm »

If you were truly cheap you would have bought the Xbox-Original not Xbox360.  ;)

Since you still have your 1 month free, set it up and give online racing a try. It is 10x better than racing a computer which is quite predictable. I'm going to try and set something up next week.

BTW....we only race clean. No bumper cars please.
True...but I did get the 360 in one of those Futureshop packages that made it essentially free in savings across the whole package :D

I prefer to race clean.  I'm a fan of proper professional racing.  The only problem I have with that is that sometimes my philosophy and skill level combine and you have me going about twice as fast as I should be into a corner and into the back bumper of the guy I was following.  I've gotten allot better but yeah...the bumper cars stuff that happens surely must be annoying.

I'll see about activating that membership sometime.  Its just that these next few weekends are super busy so maybe it'll be October. Hopefully you folks are still doing this at that time.

Quick question.  Do you get to use the cars you've tweaked out from single player or is multiplayer its own separate career path?

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2008, 11:25:15 pm »
Oh, we hardly race on weekends. Mostly on Wednesday or Thursday nights.

With online play you can use any car in your garage so yes, anything you have built up is allowed. Actually its more fun when you do as you get to truly test your setups against other human racers.

Sure there is some bumper and doors touching on the smaller tracks or through the corners, its fun but I raced people that have no idea that those signs on the side of the road indicate how far the corner is and then next thing I know I'm into the overrun, wall or out of the race.

We have had some great accidents because this is racing and it happens. Check this one out....CTS-V gets some major oversteer through the corner and he can't correct. I'm coming through very fast an no time to brake or avoid. It happens.

Of course, drifting through the corners together is something else. This was from a race, not us trying to drift, just happened.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 12:21:19 am by quadzilla »

Offline Ice

• Drunk on Fuel
  • 2009 Corolla XRS
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2008, 01:43:34 pm »
Excellent pictures! :)

I'll have to properly deck out and tweak a few of my cars for racing then.  Sounds fun! :)

EDIT: One more question...do you guys race on the DLC tracks?  I haven't bought any of those...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 01:47:23 pm by IceAndFire »

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2008, 11:15:23 pm »
One more question...do you guys race on the DLC tracks?  I haven't bought any of those...

Not yet....I also haven't d/l any of the DCL tracks or cars. One thing you should do is d/l the free cars as sometimes people do use those and you need the it to see their car properly on your screen.

Offline Ice

• Drunk on Fuel
  • 2009 Corolla XRS
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2008, 10:26:37 am »
One more question...do you guys race on the DLC tracks?  I haven't bought any of those...

Not yet....I also haven't d/l any of the DCL tracks or cars. One thing you should do is d/l the free cars as sometimes people do use those and you need the it to see their car properly on your screen.
Alright.  No worries...got those already :)

Turned the stock Sentra into a quasi Spec V.

Trouble is I've played the game using a local account not tied to XBox Live so I'll have to set my XBox Live up with a career and cars.  Which is sort of fun to race everything again.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2008, 02:13:09 pm »
The first night of racing went of with a couple of bangs so to speak. Still, I think everybody had a great time.

Careener was in excellent form and won almost every race!

If anybody else is interested in joining, drop me a PM or respond back here.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 09:28:37 am by quadzilla »

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2008, 09:35:16 am »
We still have openings for Thursday night racing.  Some pics from last night.

1. Too much throttle coming out of the corner in my Mustang.
2. Hard on the brakes at Suzuka.
3. A very close finish. My Corrado vs Careener`s Focus that doesn`t hook up until the end of third gear.
4. Some tight racing.
5. Running a little off line trying to keep up to that Ford.