Author Topic: Forza2 racing to start up again - come join  (Read 5124 times)

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
Forza2 racing to start up again - come join
« on: December 19, 2007, 03:05:14 pm »
We are going to be starting up our race nights again in the new year using Forza2 on the X360. If anybody else is interested in joining in, let me know. The majority of our racing will be D-A class cars with some events set as open class (limited by hp, weight, etc) or specific manufacturer nights.

This year we had a lot of fun and some amazing races until my X360 caught a case of RROD. There is nothing like passing your friends on the last corner to take the win.

This will not be a demolition derby, run everybody off the road and drive backwards on the track kind of event. If you do these things, you will be kicked from the room and not invited back. Now, if you are interested in some fun, tight racing by people who can’t afford to buy a track car and spend their days there and think they are great…this is for you.

My GamerTag = dcinto

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
Re: Forza2 racing to start up again - come join
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 05:04:43 pm »
Should make a rule that people must race the in-game car thats closest to their real life car. :P Just limit things to C or B class, you can easily upgrade any car to that point.

I think I have a free month from my RROD so in January I might join you all (who are all of you anyways ???)
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 11:09:40 pm »
Should make a rule that people must race the in-game car thats closest to their real life car. :P Just limit things to C or B class, you can easily upgrade any car to that point.

I think I have a free month from my RROD so in January I might join you all (who are all of you anyways ???)

I actually like that idea. I checked the list and no Mz6 or TSX. Does this mean I'll have to drive a Mz3 and you a RSX?

We had three people that played last year (not counting the random people that joined us online). Myself, Careener and a guy I work with. I've talked another friend from out west to get his Live acct setup.

Now we have you, hopefully Julie will take the plunge and who ever else is bold enough to challenge us.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 11:11:42 pm »
I play real racing games...like GTR2...LOL......

Seriously..would be fun, but I just think the graphics on platforms are sooooo far behind PC graphics.....

Maybe the PC people can do some racing??
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 11:13:33 pm by rrocket »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 11:13:20 pm »
I actually like that idea. I checked the list and no Mz6 or TSX. Does this mean I'll have to drive a Mz3 and you a RSX?

Sounds about right to me. :) Overall I am slightly disappointed in the selection of lower end, more pedestrian cars in the game. Instead we get 7 different liveries for the LeMans R8, but basically just 1 car.

But I'm sure almost anyone who joins this little gathering could find something fairly close to their actual car. :)

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 11:29:09 pm »
I play real racing games...like GTR2...LOL......

Seriously..would be fun, but I just think the graphics on platforms are sooooo far behind PC graphics.....

Maybe the PC people can do some racing??

Considering the price of some video cards cost more than my X360 they should be. But if you actually think those in game photos I posted are bad then oh well.

Personally, I'll take a loss in graphics for better in game physics. Yes I know GTR2 is a lot better than anything available but I personally don't want to invest over $1-2G just to play ONE game, I'd rather put that money into my stereo or something else.

Good luck finding more than 3 people on here to do PC racing....just not enough PC racing purist around.

Seriously though, go and pick up a X360 (it comes with Forza2), a wheel, sign up on Live and join us. I'm sure once you get use to it you would be a worthy opponent. And guess what, they already have the Supra in the game so your car would be your car.

Offline java_man

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 F-150 Quad Cab 4x4
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 11:45:32 pm »
Hey Quad

I'm interested in joining the fun.  Is there a downloadable Matrix-skin I can slap on a car?  TRD only, of course...

I've always been a PC gamer (love GTR!) but I'm tired on constantly upgrading my 'puters, so I'm picking up the 360/Forza 2 pack for myself this Christmas.  I don't know much about the on-line aspect - is there a monthly fee to create an account or play online?

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 11:47:43 pm »
^^^^Oh I know Quad.  I'm the opposite of you.  I already have  $xxxx invested in my PC system, so spending $xxxx to race on XBOX doesn't make sense for me.  Another reason I prefer PC is you can easily upgrade your system as time goes by instead of having to buy the latest and greatest platform.  That and games like Half Life2 and the like are simply amazing on the PC.  Does the Logitech G25 work on XBOX?

While on the topic of Forza...did anyone else think the Forza TV show on Speed was stupid, stupid, stupid?

Import Queen has PS3, so she's waiting for GT5 to come out......
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 11:51:14 pm by rrocket »

Offline java_man

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 F-150 Quad Cab 4x4
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 11:55:22 pm »
^^^Computers are bad for my bank account.

I suffer from hardware upgrade-itis, so my uber-machine from last year is now only ~meh~, and I don't like it one bit.

I'm tired of chasing (ie: throwing $$ at) the technology curve, so I figure I'd try a console.  At least you know you're good for a few years...maybe.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 07:04:14 am »
Rrocket: I hear what you are saying. I use to be a PC gamer many years ago (688 Attack Sub and Falcon 3.0 over a 2400 baud modem - those were the days) and it was amazing but I just don't care enough to invest into it anymore. I always thought these recycled computer (xbox and playstations) were junk and I wouldn't ever own one. Well, back then they were, lol.  Now, it serves my purpose as some mindless entertainment and a media extender.

Sadly the G25 will not work on the X360 and there are still no reports that Logitech will be able to make a wheel for it. I might actually return my current Blu-Ray player and get the PS3 instead as it seems Sony is really supporting it as a video player (heck, they even give free movies with it not free games) plus it looks like it will be the first player to decode internally DTS-HD_MA over HDMI which is the only new codec I currently can't do.

I also keep my eye on GT5 and it sounds great IF they pull everything off.

Java_man: If you want a wheel you might want to start looking now as they seem hard to find for some reason. Trust me, playing with the wheel is 100 times better than the controller.

For Xbox_Live it's $60/year which I think is cheap for such a great service. I run mine wired vs wireless to my router which is better if you want to stream videos from a pc to it.

Is there a down loadable Matrix-skin? Personally I have never looked but I'm sure there are some Toyota fans on there doing stuff. Take a look through the Auction House and you might find something you like.
Link > http://forzamotorsport.net/auctions/
That is also the site for your Forza2 information.

If either of you need some extra (virtual) cash or cars to get started let me know. I'm sitting at 2.6 million right now with many cars I don't use (won them) and would gladly help you out.

A couple of other things you might want.

Get the headset as it helps a lot when we set up races, to talk some smack or to just say, hey great move.

Also you might want to pick up some MS points to buy the new cars packs and tracks that are available. The latest one has a BMW E30 M3, R8, '73 Trans Am plus others. The newest track is Road America.

Link > http://forzamotorsport.net/news/pitpassreports/pitpass73.htm

Don't forget to let us know your GT when you get set up on Live.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 07:10:28 am by quadzilla »

Offline Wolverine

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Ford Focus sedan 2008 1.6 Flexfuel
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 07:13:51 am »
If only we had Forza2 for the PC... :'(

Anyway, I'm thinking on switching my MOMO for a G25 and mount a Racing Seat so i can have more fun with my racing games  8)
"If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and make a change."

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 08:10:25 am »
The MCO has a GTR2 and GTL racing league if you are interested rocket, I rarely have time to play but I do sometimes.

No need for a super computer I play the games with full graphics on my laptop :)

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 02:17:37 pm »
Also you might want to pick up some MS points to buy the new cars packs and tracks that are available. The latest one has a BMW E30 M3, R8, '73 Trans Am plus others. The newest track is Road America.

They have an R8 now! :o

Girlfriend has my Forza disc at the mo. :(

Offline Julie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-366
    • View Profile
  • Cars: nb miata, nc mx-5, e92 m3, mk6 gti
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 07:17:35 pm »
I think my husband was afraid I'd order an Xbox 360, so he bought me a PS3. (He just doesn't have any confidence in Microsoft)

I tried it, with an HDTV, my Logitech G25, and the Gran Turismo Prologue demo (created a japanese account and everything!), and I ended up...... returning it. The graphics were out-of-this-world, and the cockpit view was the most realistic feeling I have ever experienced!!! However, after the initial eye-opening thrill, I quickly realized I wasn't having as much fun as I did when I played my PC games (mainly Race 07, Live for Speed, and GTR2), even though I was playing them on a computer with absolutely crappy graphics performance.

Basically, I wanted a new computer for other reasons and just decided to get one with better gaming ability for my already-owned-and-loved PC games and take advantage of the G25 that I already have. I doubt I will get the XBox now, but I absolutely agree that, from a cost to game perspective, the consoles are a much better value for gamers. I now have a very well rated graphics card, with which I can achieve a level of graphics for Test Drive Unlimited that approaches that of the game in Xbox 360, and I suspect it costs about the price of the Xbox 360 itself.

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 09:10:19 pm »
and I suspect it costs about the price of the Xbox 360 itself.

Such is the trouble with PC gaming. :-\

Console hardware is fairly heavily subsidized, although reports have floated around that MS will actually break even / make a slight profit on X360s soon after some cost-reduction efforts.

Upon release though they are taking big hits on each sale. Wii excepted.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 10:20:09 pm »
for anyone sitting on the fence about buying a 360 Dell will hace a package on Dec 21 with Forza 2 and Halo 3 + HDMI cable for $369 with free shipping.

That is a great deal!

Julie: Too bad you didn't come to the dark side as it would have been great to have your racing with us. If you ever change your mind you know where we are .

:skid:

Offline prufrock

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +2/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 10:48:06 pm »
Just a quick note: I see that the MSRP on the wireless wheel from MS has dropped to $99.

Any experiences here with it?

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 10:54:17 pm »
Just a quick note: I see that the MSRP on the wireless wheel from MS has dropped to $99.

Any experiences here with it?

Where is it for sale? I know somebody that wants one but can't find it.

I have a wheel and think its great. It always gets compared to the G25 and then people say it isn't as good. That is true but it is also 1/3 the price.

I find it adds more realism to the driving with the feedback it gives. The odd time mine will randomly do something funny like hit a button (when you don't actually touch it) but not enough for me to worry about...maybe once every 2 months.

If you want to get the most out of the game, the wheel is worth $100.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2008, 04:37:55 pm »
Well my life has returned somewhat back to normal and I should have some free time to finally start up race nights again.

If you are still interested or there are any other new comers interested let me know.

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 11:15:38 am »
I just bought an XBOX and it came with Forza2.

Anyone interested?
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.