Author Topic: CD Article: 2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan/SportCombi  (Read 12539 times)

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
Re: CD Article: 2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan/SportCombi
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2007, 08:26:09 pm »
What I don't like about the Saab 9-3:

The massive front and rear overhangs. :thumbdown:
 The generic styling. If they had to make this car look like a Saturn, why did it have to be an OLD Saturn?  ??? ???
 The dash looks like it was designed twenty years ago. Again,  ??? ???
 No rear legroom ?? Who was this designed for ??
 There are no real Saab's anymore - the 9-3's a badge-engineered GM product. What could be worse than that?  >:D
 $37,550 ?????? Are there that many REALLY, REALLY gullible people out there with that much money to spend ?

What I like about the Saab 9-3:

I'm thinking, I'm thinking.....   :think:

Thats why you never see them on the road.  :)

JVan

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2007, 03:33:42 pm »
I really like this car, infact I could see myself picking up a used one in a couple years now that it has awd and 280hp. There is a newer Saab 93 in my neighbourhood, probably the one of the only new Saab's in the city, I notice it everytime and it is a very attractive car.

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2007, 04:31:25 pm »
I really like this car, infact I could see myself picking up a used one in a couple years now that it has awd and 280hp. There is a newer Saab 93 in my neighbourhood, probably the one of the only new Saab's in the city, I notice it everytime and it is a very attractive car.

I assume your single and don't have a family?

Yes, it would be a very nice vehicle for a couple. But not for a family, for obvious reasons...rear seat is non existent.

Mitlov

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2007, 06:06:54 pm »

Yes, it would be a very nice vehicle for a couple. But not for a family, for obvious reasons...rear seat is non existent.

The rear seat is "nonexistent" when the front seat is slid to the far rear of the runners.  But that may be a matter that the runners go unusually far back.  As a previous poster mentioned, the front seat is behind the B-pillar in that picture...not where it would be with a typical driver driving.

In my Jetta, the front-seat runners run nearly back to the back seat.  If I slid the seat back all the way, the rear seat would appear "nonexistent" in a photograph.  But the driver's feet feet would also be six inches from the pedals.

The 9-3 is rated as having an inch more rear legroom than an A4 and about four inches  :o more than the admittedly-cramped Lexus IS.  So I don't think we should dismiss it as a "four-door coupe" based on this one picture.

avtoller

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2007, 06:20:44 pm »
"In my Jetta, the front-seat runners run nearly back to the back seat.  If I slid the seat back all the way, the rear seat would appear "nonexistent" in a photograph.  But the driver's feet feet would also be six inches from the pedals."

:iagree:  The same was true with my Golf - the only car I've ever owned in which I sometimes drove with the seat a notch or two up from the rearmost position. When it was all the way back, it looked to have a lot less room than the Yaris, but I always drive with the seat all the way back now.

napahlm

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2007, 07:25:32 am »
the rear leg room isnt that small! im 6feet (a two inches more than average male in sweden) and fit well behind the driver, unless he is taller than me ::) but, yes they could have moved the backseats back a little in the SC for that extra inch wich makes a big diffrens!

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2007, 11:25:37 am »

The rear seat is "nonexistent" when the front seat is slid to the far rear of the runners.  But that may be a matter that the runners go unusually far back.  As a previous poster mentioned, the front seat is behind the B-pillar in that picture...not where it would be with a typical driver driving.

In my Jetta, the front-seat runners run nearly back to the back seat.  If I slid the seat back all the way, the rear seat would appear "nonexistent" in a photograph.  But the driver's feet feet would also be six inches from the pedals.

The 9-3 is rated as having an inch more rear legroom than an A4 and about four inches  :o more than the admittedly-cramped Lexus IS.  So I don't think we should dismiss it as a "four-door coupe" based on this one picture.

I am relatively short about 5'6 - So I have never put any seat that far back.

I just never seen a picture of a 4 door sedan with the seat that far back cramping up the rear seat.

(sorry for the lack of commas the comma key isn't working on this Campus computer.  ::) )