Author Topic: CD Article: 2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6  (Read 19701 times)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
Re: CD Article: 2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2007, 09:06:24 am »
Just had a Sunday stroll round at Honda....the new Accord is BIG...a little fat in the lower tail and fussy around the front...sideways on i kept thinking it reminded me of something then it came to me the Lincoln LTD...but IMHO that Lincoln had a cleaner look......interior of one had that cheap yellow looking leather.poor choice(Honda always seems to fall down on COLOUR issues..body and interior ...very annoying..they need to hire  seeing eye dogs fer their designer guys... :bang: 8) 8) 8))...PRICES on stickers said TBD  to be determined ,,WDF!! is that about......that 4 banger better have some poke to pull that big fella around....
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2007, 12:33:30 am »
Saw my first 08' Accord on the road today, in Niagara Falls.

Silver, 4 cyl I believe. A senior man was driving it. It definitely blended in with the other cars from the rear, but I noticed it because I am a car guy.  ;D It looked very nice from the front, but the rear was bland.

richard112360

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2007, 09:58:36 am »
I saw this car in person at our local Honda stealership and it looks really sharp the pics don't do it any justice. It's a thousand times better looking than the previous model. Well done Honda!!!! 

Offline Agiledood

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +32/-11
    • View Profile
    • Visit my site
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2007, 10:15:56 pm »
I saw one in the sheet metal today, the pix don't do it justice.  My Solara is about the same size as the new Accord and it doesn't feel like that big of a car.  The turning radius is tight, it's quiet, comfy and has great pickup.

Maybe it's just because I'm getting older, but if I was in the market for a family car, for the first time an Accord would be on my list.   

The coupe is a different story, I'd go for one in a heartbeat if my wife wouldn't kill me.
2019 Mazda 3 GS-L, 2013 Ram 1500 and an EV that cost 5 times what my Mazda3 costs but is louder with a crappier interior.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2007, 07:22:09 pm »
c'mon Solara and the new accord are BOATS....COMFY,1/2 decent looking BIG CUMFEE BOATS...the NEW GENERATIONS BUICKS..... :shuffle: :stick: :popcorn:

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2007, 07:29:17 pm »
I saw one in the sheet metal today, the pix don't do it justice.  My Solara is about the same size as the new Accord and it doesn't feel like that big of a car.  The turning radius is tight, it's quiet, comfy and has great pickup.

Maybe it's just because I'm getting older, but if I was in the market for a family car, for the first time an Accord would be on my list.   

The coupe is a different story, I'd go for one in a heartbeat if my wife wouldn't kill me.
It has been almost 6 months since you flipped your ride, must be time for a new one
 ;D

Offline Agiledood

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
    • Visit my site
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2007, 03:42:29 pm »

It has been almost 6 months since you flipped your ride, must be time for a new one
 ;D

hehe...yeah, time for an XMAS present to and from myself!  And no joke, we might be flipping the Torrent soon...

avtoller

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2007, 03:53:27 pm »

hehe...yeah, time for an XMAS present to and from myself!  And no joke, we might be flipping the Torrent soon...

Any particular reason? Inquiring minds ...   ??? ;)

mdxtasy

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2007, 03:55:28 pm »

Any particular reason? Inquiring minds ...   ??? ;)

Because Ovr got a new 5 series. ;)

Offline Agiledood

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
    • Visit my site
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2007, 07:31:08 pm »
We were going to buy it when the lease is up, but we are probably going to have a 3rd child over the next couple of years and it won't fit 3 car seats.  Even with 2 car seats, you can't put a 3rd person in the back.  Figured instead of wasting the rest of the lease payments we'll toss it up on Leasebusters and get something with 3 rows.

mdxtasy

« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2007, 07:36:40 pm »
We were going to buy it when the lease is up, but we are probably going to have a 3rd child over the next couple of years and it won't fit 3 car seats.  Even with 2 car seats, you can't put a 3rd person in the back.  Figured instead of wasting the rest of the lease payments we'll toss it up on Leasebusters and get something with 3 rows.

Have you seen my minivan?  It's wonderful.   ;D ;)

I will welcome you to the van club.

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2007, 01:32:23 am »

Odyssey. No substitution.  ;D MD agrees too.

mdxtasy

« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2007, 03:07:34 am »

Odyssey. No substitution.  ;D MD agrees too.

Roger that. 

Offline Agiledood

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
    • Visit my site
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2007, 09:47:14 am »
We'd probably go with a Mazda5 if we do decide to have a 3rd child.  My wife doesn't like minivans, but go figure, she likes the 5.  She's not a fan of the stigma, but a used Caravan or GM would be an incredible deal.

She does sorta like the new Caravans but we'd definitely go used.  For the amount of driving we do in the family car, it's not worth getting something new.  We've only put about 5K on the Torrent over the last 6 months.

I'm trying to convince her to just go drive one, once she sees how versatile they are, I'm sure she'd change her tune.