Author Topic: CTC Review: 2007 Chevrolet HHR Panel  (Read 8283 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
CTC Review: 2007 Chevrolet HHR Panel
« on: October 02, 2007, 08:53:47 pm »
Picture Gallery:  2007 Chevrolet HHR Panel

Day 1:

2007 Chevrolet HHR Panel
Click Image to Enlarge
I believe the saying goes, "Timing is everything."  If so, the timing of me receiving the HHR to test is a little off.  This would have been the perfect vehicle in a few weeks from now when I'll be moving; as it is, unfortunately, the HHR Panel I have this week will only be used as a commuter vehicle, but I can pretend I'm doing deliveries, I suppose.More...

Sir Meow

RE: CTC Review: 2007 Chevrolet HHR Panel
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 12:53:32 am »
when I look at that red van a silly song comes to mind. :rofl2:

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his black and white cat, Early in the morning, Just as day is dawning, He picks up all the post bags in his van. Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his black and white cat, All the birds are singing......................

Anyway.

These small van can be tricky to drive around urban centres than a normal size cargo van, Some turnings you are almost blind. I'm not sure if there is need for this size van in Canada, I guess only time will tell?

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Re: CTC Review: 2007 Chevrolet HHR Panel
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 07:51:52 am »
this probably a perfect size for some trades since there no small wagon anymore, controls, telephone installers. Probably even geek squad

Offline The Mighty Duck

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +34/-44
  • f*** that duck
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 MINI Cooper S | Past: 1999 Honda Civic, 2009 Honda Fit
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 09:03:38 am »
I actually quite like this vehicle, it looks neat and could be very practical.  And look at all that space to plaster your company name!

James, I remember reading when these first came out they were also putting out a panel version with back windows.  Does yours have windows?  Also: is the panel available with the turbocharged SS motor?  :D

Offline jww

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +5/-6
  • Hyundai y'all doin?
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '09 Santa Fe, '07 Accent
Re: RE: CTC Review: 2007 Chevrolet HHR Panel
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 09:40:22 am »

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his black and white cat, Early in the morning, Just as day is dawning, He picks up all the post bags in his van. Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his black and white cat, All the birds are singing......................

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I think if I were a contractor it would be between a panel HHR and a Magnum - and I'd probably opt for the Magnum because of the sheer size - you can carry a ton of stuff in them and no really terrible blind spots like the panel van would have.
JWW

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 10:26:04 am »
Wing, think the HHR looks 10X better inside in black/charcoal than the tan/beige.

I don't mind the exterior - quite like it.

Don't know if this vehicle has enough vertical height inside. If it had a bit more would greatly expand the flexibility of the vehicle.

AQUAMAN64 also posts on DriverBlogs.com!

Offline Schmengie

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +27/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 11:58:08 am »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I think if I were a contractor it would be between a panel HHR and a Magnum - and I'd probably opt for the Magnum because of the sheer size - you can carry a ton of stuff in them and no really terrible blind spots like the panel van would have.

:iagree: I just saw a newspaper ad for an '07 HHR Panel with the price listed at $26,849  :rofl: , a 2-year old Dodge Magnum can be had for around 20 large. No contest.
' Saw an Alfalfa Romeeo go by - furrin sports car forty feet long, mebbe nine inches high.' - Charlie Farquharson

Mitlov

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 12:04:46 pm »
Magnums are pretty popular with businesses around here.  Good utility at a good price.

Offline jww

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +5/-6
  • Hyundai y'all doin?
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '09 Santa Fe, '07 Accent
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 03:14:30 pm »
Magnums are pretty popular with businesses around here.  Good utility at a good price.
Yup.

The HHR will get sales though - I can see people wanting one with the high roof line for stacking high in the rear. That is, until they read the warning about cargo stacked higher than the seat back is dangerous and might fly around the cabin during transit.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 03:25:23 pm »
Yup.

The HHR will get sales though - I can see people wanting one with the high roof line for stacking high in the rear. That is, until they read the warning about cargo stacked higher than the seat back is dangerous and might fly around the cabin during transit.

I wondered if you can get a divider to go behind the seats
Also can  you get a real roof rack to hold ladders

Offline The Mighty Duck

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +34/-44
  • f*** that duck
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 MINI Cooper S | Past: 1999 Honda Civic, 2009 Honda Fit
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 03:45:02 pm »
If not, I'm sure the aftermarket will have something very quickly that will do both.  Though it would be nice to be able to tick the option box for those two things at the time of purchase.

You know, these car companies should be scouting on our forum.  We're just full of good ideas!  :D

Online PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 03:54:12 pm »
Yup.

Heh. I remember being told that was always a hazard about running those 'A-team' style cargo vans that were popular back in the day.

If something was wanted you just braked hard and it all hit you in the back of the head.

Greg B.

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2007, 06:52:52 pm »

Unless you want to carry something more than a couple of feet high like a table saw -- then the ridiculously low Magnum cargo area becomes useless. Plus it would be significantly more fuel-hungry than the HHR Panel, which I think should do well.

Leviathan

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007, 01:11:10 am »
I've seen a few running around town here all gussied up with logos - nice. One was going down a pretty busy street and several pedestrians were turning their heads to have a look - mission accomplished I'd say.

barrie1

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2007, 10:32:43 pm »
Most of the commercial roof racks as they are adjustable already will fit the top of this van and there will probably be a solid wall or a even a full height cargo net to keep the goods where they belong. The Fuel milage will be fantastic in comparison to a full sized Magnum which would probably have a Hemi in it. I also have seen a No. of these painted up and they do look very good as a Billboard for any company. 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 08:59:02 am by wing »

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2007, 10:32:32 am »
Had no idea an SS Panel was coming. Cool.

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2007, 10:42:51 am »
I also have seen a No. of these painted up and they do look very good as a Billboard for any company. 

Not just because of the body panel too...the car is pretty eye catching to begin with. I find the typical GM Savanna / Ford E-Series vans with vinyl work on them to just blend into the scenery far too easily.
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline bgclarke

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2007, 11:22:34 am »
I have a 2006 HHR LT with the 2.4L engine and auto.

That engine/transmission combo has a lot of get up and go.  I routinely end up (accidently) doing 100 km/h along hunt club.

Backing up is also an issue with the regular HHRs - I cannot judge how far I am from the vehicle behind me.  I think part of it is that the rear end is slightly raised.  A set of leveling springs would resolve that.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2007, 12:51:38 pm »
..when were the "SS" re_MOBBED???? :P........Das es painfully Fashte fer HHR(Herr Hilter!!Rshagwaggen) :rofl2:
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Craig

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2007, 07:30:38 pm »
when I look at that red van a silly song comes to mind.

And that's where the song (and your thoughts) should have stayed.