Author Topic: CD Article: 2008 Ford Focus  (Read 27285 times)

Sir Meow

Re: CD Article: 2008 Ford Focus
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2007, 06:58:29 pm »
Thats only because they put their rubbish North American engines in it. The only reason the Fusion is good it has mazda engine in it. Just avoid the crappy V6 models. Also it is really ugly and now and it is an out of date model too.

Out of date?  It's from 2006, and received an update (including a new V6 and AWD) for 2007!  How much newer do you want?

Have you seen the Euro 07/08 Model Mondeo. thats just come out, The fusion is the old Mondeo.

Mitlov

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2007, 07:18:12 pm »
Have you seen the Euro 07/08 Model Mondeo. thats just come out, The fusion is the old Mondeo.

No it's not.  The Fusion (the North American sedan, not the European crossover of the same name) is based on the Mazda6 platform (though it's not just a rebadged Mazda6; it's larger and has better safety ratings) and shares nothing with the Mondeo--any generation Mondeo.  Try again.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 07:21:37 pm by Mitlov »

Wolfe

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2007, 07:20:42 pm »

scottmcphee

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2007, 12:21:43 am »
No more wagon?  Same thing happened to Subaru Impreza for 08.
Subaru also de-contented, e.g. put in drums in the back for 08
to get cheaper entry point.  At least they kept AWD.
But in the end the Impreza kinda looks like the new Focus.
Oh well.

Sir Meow

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2007, 12:56:31 am »

No it's not.  The Fusion (the North American sedan, not the European crossover of the same name) is based on the Mazda6 platform (though it's not just a rebadged Mazda6; it's larger and has better safety ratings) and shares nothing with the Mondeo--any generation Mondeo.  Try again.

I thought it was I stand corrected, Never mind I'm not pefect. I learn something new. thats what i like about you guys.

Offline Wolverine

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Ford Focus sedan 2008 1.6 Flexfuel
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2007, 08:19:20 am »
Hard to believe this vehicle comes from the same company that gave us the very lovely Fusion and the wonderful Mustang.  Shameful.   :shake:

True.

I hope this Focus is just a gap-filler until the MK3.
"If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and make a change."

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2007, 09:38:11 am »
  ??? Where did the cat go?

Still here sweety.....

:shake: It is so very sad that you feel the need to impose your behaviour on us and have admin constantly remove your belittling posts.

Sir Meow

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2007, 10:43:58 am »
  ??? Where did the cat go?

Still here sweety.....

:shake: It is so very sad that you feel the need to impose your behaviour on us and have admin constantly remove your belittling posts.

Its not that, If I had broke the rules then I would simple leave, but this is not the case. so I'm here to make a point, you can't banned some one for not being like, there is nothing in the rules that says that.

Mitlov

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2007, 01:12:25 pm »
And banned again...

This website is Wing's private property.  No one is "entitled" to be here.  Just like I can throw a houseguest out of my house for any reason, Wing can ban any individual for any reason.

Greg B.

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2007, 09:39:46 pm »
Man, is that car ugly-looking. What a shame. And the model lineup is a real step backwards. I guess I should have bought a ZX5 hatch when I had the chance.

Offline Rupert

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +49/-160
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2007, 04:41:10 pm »
Gosh, there are so many here agin the looks. I took another look at the pictures to see if my first impressions had changed. Nope, seems different to it's roots but OK for a different market; which is what they were after is it not. Ugly is going a bit far unless viewing the actual car is way off from the pictures.

Offline Diesel Advocate

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +1/-2
    • View Profile
    • It's time for a Diesel Revolution!!!!
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2007, 06:10:12 pm »
Gosh, there are so many here agin the looks. I took another look at the pictures to see if my first impressions had changed. Nope, seems different to it's roots but OK for a different market; which is what they were after is it not. Ugly is going a bit far unless viewing the actual car is way off from the pictures.

Believe me, when you stand up close and personal it is worse that it looks in the photo; especially the front end.

Offline MKII

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +19/-83
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2007, 11:55:13 am »
I saw this ad in a thread  vortex
http://home.comcast.net/~mitch1238/Focus.jpg

And a line from Motortrends review
First Test: 2008 Ford Focus
Safe at first: The Blue Oval team doesn't swing for the fence, but puts a runner on base.