Author Topic: CD Article: 2008 Subaru Tribeca  (Read 9807 times)

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
Re: CD Article: 2008 Subaru Tribeca
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2007, 07:19:54 pm »
??? You can’t import Subaru’s?

What are you talking about?  Its easy, and the warranty is still good (through a reimbursement program).  I imported the 2008 tribeca a few weeks ago and saved $15500 over the sticker price here.  I probably could have negotiated a few thousand off the sticker price here, but not $15000.  And buying in the states over the net, I didn't have to negotiate and still got my new vehicle below dealer invoice (which is easy to find out in the US since its on a bunch of different websites).

You are missing his point.  He knows very well one can import Subarus.  Your post, however, seemed to compare an imported Honda Pilot to a locally sourced Subaru.  Apples and Oranges.  Here is what you wrote:

At $41k it is expensive but less than the cult pricing by Honda for the Pilot. Toss in the no cost scheduled maintenance and it is a far better deal.

If you import this from the states (like I did a few weeks ago), you can get the base model for about $30K CAD, and the loaded 7 seat with navigation, backup camera, rear seat DVD player,etc. for about $38K CAD.  With the loaded model you end up saving over $15K after tax.  This makes it a MUCH more appealing vehicle.  Subaru Canada's prices are way too high.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2007, 07:57:44 am »
??? You can’t import Subaru’s?

What are you talking about?  Its easy, and the warranty is still good (through a reimbursement program).  I imported the 2008 tribeca a few weeks ago and saved $15500 over the sticker price here.  I probably could have negotiated a few thousand off the sticker price here, but not $15000.  And buying in the states over the net, I didn't have to negotiate and still got my new vehicle below dealer invoice (which is easy to find out in the US since its on a bunch of different websites).

So now were back to apples and apples then.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2007, 03:44:56 pm »
I took a Tribeca with Cloth seats out for a drive today
I found the seats to be fine, the lumber support felt to low
What I really did not like that there was no telescopic steering wheel
also I could not rest my left elbow on the door by the window as it was to far away
Drive was good, it sound a little noise, a high pitch wine (SP) and the dash felt to far away from me