Author Topic: CD Article: 2008 Ford Taurus & Taurus X  (Read 17791 times)

Mitlov

Re: CD Article: 2008 Ford Taurus & Taurus X
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2007, 09:06:21 pm »
Mitlov, you're funny with the pictures  :rofl:

I like pictures.  They're purdy.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2007, 11:26:38 am »
I took a Taurus X out for a brief test drive yesterday with Mrs T. Quite frankly it's excellent.

Seats were great, good complement of standard amenities, tons of space inside, low lift-over into the cargo area, easy to fold third row seats, well controlled ride, great acceleration, tracked beautifully on the highway, and quite quiet to boot. It's one of the only third row seating arrangements that actually allow adults to be reasonably comfortable, with low seat height being the only real impediment.

For it's price and size, it really doesn't have much competition. I won't be switching cars quite yet, but this is definitely the front runner. Mrs T is enamoured with it, which doesn't happen very often.

Whatever the baggage Ford has from the Nasser era, they seem to be putting out some good stuff now.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 09:54:31 pm by Big_Thumb »
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2007, 04:36:41 pm »
I don't consider the Taurus X a wagon, but rather a crossover too. Mostly because it's higher than most wagon versions of sedans, and as such doesn't share any sheetmetal with the sedan. Also, most wagons these days don't have 3rd row seats, and if they do they're rearward facing (a-la V70).

That said, it strikes me as a real crossover. Not huge, not high off the ground, instead car/wagon-like with that extra bit of room and utility.
AQUAMAN64 also posts on DriverBlogs.com!