Author Topic: Cars I wish we had here in Canada  (Read 34882 times)

Offline jww

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +5/-6
  • Hyundai y'all doin?
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '09 Santa Fe, '07 Accent
Re: Cars I wish we had here in Canada
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2007, 04:26:28 pm »
Now that we're getting a good selection of subcompacts, I don't think we're missing that much.

What about Skoda and Seat products?

Don't we already have them?

Skoda Superb = VW Passat?

Yes, but somehow Skoda manages to make better cars. In most UK and European quality surveys that I have seen, Skoda consistently ranks in the top 10, if not the top 5.  Maybe the VW brand should pull out of North America in favour of Skoda.
Skoda and Seat both make decent vehicles - with more-than-acceptable looks. The Ibiza is a very nice, peppy runabout and the Octavia has consistently won car-of-the-year accolades from the likes of WhatCar, etc.
JWW

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2007, 05:25:11 pm »
Aren't they all the same car with a different body?

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

joie_de_vivre

« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2007, 08:07:49 am »
Some of you mentioned the Citroën C6. Here are are a couple of my wedding pictures:

It's a fabolous car, 2.7l biturbo diesel with 6-speed auto and hydraulic suspension, which makes it a poem on four wheels. There is nothing, nothing as comfortable as this.

People will allways miss what they can't reach. We may have very adorable and advanced cars, but I'm sick of all the 1.6l 4 cylinders and I'm longing for nasty V8s with live rear axle, I don't care.

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2007, 11:31:33 am »
Absolutely gorgeous wedding shots! Did she ask "do we REALLY have to take a shot together in front of the car?"  :rofl2:  Congrats - when was the wedding?

That C6 is a beaut in a flamboyantly classy go-my-own way. Sadly, don't imagine I'll ever see one.
AQUAMAN64 also posts on DriverBlogs.com!

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2007, 11:43:22 am »
Some of you mentioned the Citroën C6. Here are are a couple of my wedding pictures:

It's a fabolous car, 2.7l biturbo diesel with 6-speed auto and hydraulic suspension, which makes it a poem on four wheels. There is nothing, nothing as comfortable as this.

People will allways miss what they can't reach. We may have very adorable and advanced cars, but I'm sick of all the 1.6l 4 cylinders and I'm longing for nasty V8s with live rear axle, I don't care.

Very nice! And congratulations! :thumbup:
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

avtoller

« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2007, 11:47:46 am »
Ah, so that's why you haven't been posting - you've been, ah, busy!  :rofl2: Congratulations.  :thumbup: :bow2:

UmroAyyar

« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2007, 12:22:11 pm »
Congratulations, fabulous car and a beautiful bride.  :thumbup:

joie_de_vivre

« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2007, 04:20:43 pm »
Thank you for all the good wishes, Canada!

We married 4 months ago, so I guess I'm an experienced husband now :P

And yes, I laid surfing the net aside, there were other priorities...

mdxtasy

« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2007, 04:29:43 pm »

:rofl:

Congrats.  Nice car and lovely wedding shots. 

joie_de_vivre

« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2007, 04:40:08 pm »

:rofl:

Congrats.  Nice car and lovely wedding shots. 

I couldn't do that before the marriage, but now it's legal ;)

A few more pictures, showing a sort of improvised tollage, done by some road workers; we gave them some wine and biscuits and then they released their roadblock. Very neat:

Offline jww

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Hyundai y'all doin?
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2007, 07:21:58 pm »
Ooooo - C3, C4, and C6 are all quite nice imo.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2007, 02:10:32 pm »
Hey Joie...Does Father _in _law own a construction Company??...I've heard of shotgun weddings But never a JohnDEERE TRUCK FEST........trust ya consummated a ship load of Mamo   Memories ta last ya a life_TIME......Good Times and Great Pics.......Romanians..Counntryman Minis...Lend me yer.............. stories.... ;D
Time is to stop everything happening at once

turbodiesel

« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2007, 11:58:09 pm »
basically all European diesels should be sold in Canada, disregard its emission standards: Euro4, Euro5, Euro6, CAFE-LEVII (Tier 2)... etc.

and don't forget Ford Falcon and Holden Commodore, altho the latter is gonna be sold as Pontiac G8. Toyota ist (now Scion xD) is also a good pick. Buy one from the States.

JDM Odyssey and Toyota Crown should also be in the list too!

...and if you dun mind the brand factor, the Malaysian Proton Waja/Impian is not a bad choice.

Offline jww

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Hyundai y'all doin?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2007, 02:02:20 pm »
basically all European diesels should be sold in Canada, disregard its emission standards: Euro4, Euro5, Euro6, CAFE-LEVII (Tier 2)... etc.

Indeed!

dorin

« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2007, 11:31:49 pm »
Here are are a couple of my wedding pictures:

Congratulations!  One of my high-school coaches told me that a man should always aim to marry a woman who's better looking than he is.  You would have made him proud.  ;)  :rofl:

dorin

« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2007, 11:34:16 pm »
I've always liked the Scion xB's and the new 2008's are much better than the first generation. The tC's are pretty nice (on paper) as well.

I always thought selling Scions could make a lot of money in Canada and wonder why they aren't here by now.

The new xB is an abomination compared to the original.  It's too big, way too heavy, and it looks like a rounded bloated version of its former self.  :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

joie_de_vivre

« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2007, 05:38:04 pm »
Here are are a couple of my wedding pictures:

Congratulations!  One of my high-school coaches told me that a man should always aim to marry a woman who's better looking than he is.  You would have made him proud.  ;)  :rofl:

Not the first time I hear this 8)

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2007, 07:11:46 pm »
Congrats.  Nice automobile/wedding shots.   Looks like you were married on my daughter's birthday. 

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2007, 06:02:50 pm »

The question is... are you anywhere near as good-looking as joie_de_vivre is, Dorin?   :)

Thanks for the pics, Joie.  You are a lovely couple!  Congratulations.   :flowers:

barrie1

« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2007, 06:07:28 pm »
Congrats on the wedding and that is a nice looking car wether some on here like it or not. Unfortunately it probably will never be sold here but there is hope for them if they wished to setup the sales and service in Canada which would be good.  :)