Author Topic: CD Article: 2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid  (Read 12120 times)

IMAMAn

Re: CD Article: 2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2007, 10:51:35 pm »
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 08:25:50 am by H-IMA »

Mitlov

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2007, 01:26:22 pm »
The reason why hypermiling became popular with hybrids is that hybrid tech cars implement "drive-by-wire" control systems. For example, it is much easier to adjust throttle input in minute amounts and see the immediate feeback on their instruments. 

Also, I should state that hypermiling is NOT about driving like granny as some folks like to say.   It is about driving a little smarter with safety as a primary goal, and FE as the secondary.

If "hypermiling" is about safety, not fuel mileage, then

(1)  Why isn't it called "hyper-safetying"?

(2)  why does it involve continually watching digital readouts instead of, you know, where you're going?  Seems to me that staring at your dashboard whenever you step on the gas isn't very safe.

(3)  Why do you need those instruments to do it properly?  Instant feedback regarding minute throttle adjustments has nothing to do with road safety.

Leviathan

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2007, 06:38:27 pm »
(3)  Why do you need those instruments to do it properly?  Instant feedback regarding minute throttle adjustments has nothing to do with road safety.
I heard the CIA is working hard to interface their genital electrodes with the hybrid computer control system so the driver can know exactly what is happening at all times. Gives a whole new meaning to drive by wire. :P Look for it on eBay later this year and remember to specify inny or an outty model when ordering  ;D

IMAMAn

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2007, 09:15:33 am »
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 08:26:02 am by H-IMA »

Offline jww

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +5/-6
  • Hyundai y'all doin?
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '09 Santa Fe, '07 Accent
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2007, 01:44:49 pm »
I heard the CIA is working hard to interface their genital electrodes with the hybrid computer control system so the driver can know exactly what is happening at all times. Gives a whole new meaning to drive by wire. :P Look for it on eBay later this year and remember to specify inny or an outty model when ordering  ;D
Yeah - well I heard that they're gonna test it out first in the next Bond film - You Only Drive Once.
JWW

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2007, 01:22:24 pm »
...fack back in 1765...i installed a "vacuum guage" in my manifold (the precursor of the above GIZMOS) it registered green.yellow or RED depending on the vacuum ya sucked!!! as U pushed the Accelerator...........i was getting 50mpg...why did i do it
 they were on sale and looked KOOL...after 1 day i aimed fer RED.....every time.... :rofl:
Time is to stop everything happening at once