Author Topic: CD Article: 2007 Hyundai Veracruz  (Read 8089 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
CD Article: 2007 Hyundai Veracruz
« on: April 29, 2007, 10:43:25 pm »
First Drive:
2007 Hyundai Veracruz

2007 Hyundai VeracruzReady to party with the likes of Acura's MDX and the Lexus RX 350, the new seven-passenger Hyundai Veracruz is a comfortable, quiet vehicle "designed for ride and comfort rather than performance handling", says Senior Editor, Paul Williams.  "The challenge for Hyundai is getting people to part with over $45,000 for a heretofore economy brand," he notes.

More...

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Re: CD Article: 2007 Hyundai Veracruz
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 07:14:34 am »
No power on the passenger side is  :banghead:, good way to :censor: off the passenger
The second row of seating is low like in the Outlook, they are not as nice as the seats in a SRX or B9
I would not want bluetooth in the car, besides I rather use a bluetooth headset for my cell.
 What other purpose is there for bluetooth in a car?
Beside that nice looking SUV
Is this where we should starting talk how Canadians are getting the shaft compared to Americans in options and price  :rofl: :rofl2:
US get 2wd, cloth seats, and 10gs cheaper( maybe not 10)

Jameel

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 10:17:22 am »
I really like the direction Hyundai is taking with their vehicles’, especially with the new Genesis luxury car.  I wonder when they’ll make a proper sports car?!

I find it weird that they left out some of the stuff that people want in their SUV, like sat-nav, Bluetooth and (gasp) MP3 jack.

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 10:19:22 am »
I really like the direction Hyundai is taking with their vehicles’, especially with the new Genesis luxury car.  I wonder when they’ll make a proper sports car?!

I find it weird that they left out some of the stuff that people want in their SUV, like sat-nav, Bluetooth and (gasp) MP3 jack.

Next year's updates?
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 10:33:05 am »
I would really like BLUETOOTH. I have considered retrofitting my car. Find it very valuable feature.

I'm impressed the 3rd row is actually leather-clad. Want to climb back there and check room for myself ;D The roof looks swoopy, but leg room appears somewhat decent.

I wish that damn Hyundai logo on the steering where were metal like on the Accent and not painted plastic! At first I thought the front looked a little plasticy/unfinished as well, but am getting used to it.

Great effort!
AQUAMAN64 also posts on DriverBlogs.com!

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 10:40:25 am »
I would really like BLUETOOTH. I have considered retrofitting my car. Find it very valuable feature.

Aye, having had the TSX now, Bluetooth is a required feature for every car from now on as far as I'm concerned. :)

Offline DoubleClutch

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 12:41:02 pm »
I've always remembered Hyundais with hideous interiors. But they've really come a long ways. When I was comparing the Rav4 and Santa Fe (along with other SUVs), I was blown away by how much better the SF was interior wise compared to the Rav4. The SF looked liked something out of a Lexus. And looking at the pics for the Veracruz, I see they are continuing with nice interiors. Well done!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 05:26:19 pm by DoubleClutch »

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 01:17:37 pm »
Have they "FIXED" their Leather.........it used to!!! STINK............I had a real battle with Neil(who was then with Hyundai) when I came on these boards...my wife and I were this close to a purchase but the Interior smell was AWFUL (rivalled at that time by the way with an Audi at the TO AUTO SHOW) PPPHHHEEEWWWWW!!!! talk about gassing AWFUL.............with either Company I don't know if it was the curing process....colouration dyes..or "GLUES" used ...BUT POOH POO to tha TWO....
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Rolling

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 04:34:23 am »
I agree with Paul’s review and with what a lot of people here are saying. If Hyundai wants to start playing with the “BIG BOYS” it has to offer the “Goods”. That means a Navigation system, Bluetooth, Ipod/Audio input & Satellite Radio which are available options on most of its rivals. 

These options have to be of decent quality, and have good feature content also. A “Cheapo” navigation system of low quality will ruin the good job Hyundai has done so far on the Veracruz’s interior. Hyundai dealers should be scrambling to find aftermarket solutions to these deficiencies in this “Top End” SUV model from Hyundai.

Most people shop and compare similar vehicles before they buy, and if they come to one that doesn’t offer options that the rest can offer is… Why not? Are they incapable of doing it? Are those other manufactures that much better?

If it comes to “Added Costs” then maybe the Veracruz is not such a “Super Deal” after all. What I find that the Japanese Automakers have an edge over the Korean Automakers is the higher quality in the “details” and in the “Technology”. The Japanese can manage to produce a V6 in their competing models that is smaller in displacement, but offer better power and fuel efficiency than the Verecruz’s V6. That kind of technology doesn’t come cheap and where is Hyundai’s Hybrid engine offering on any of its automobiles?

I wonder what the cost of a Veracruz would be if it had these options that are available in the competing manufactures, installed:

• Voice-activated DVD navigation system with JBL® AM/FM 4-disc in-dash CD changer, satellite radio capability, MP3/WMA playback capability, hands-free phone capability via Bluetooth® wireless technology and nine speakers including subwoofer in seven locations. Navigation also displays rear-view camera.
• OnStar
• Xenon articulating headlights
• 19 inch Polished Aluminum Alloy wheels
•  Tri-zone climate control

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +417/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 06:58:52 am »
It's strange, but it seems that whenever Hyundai comes to market with an upscale market they take a year or two to get it right when it comes to content. It's almost as if they still can't believe anyone will buy their product unless it's got a strong price advantage.
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline inco

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +29/-32
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Forester
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 08:02:19 am »
I still have not seen one on the road yet. It will be interesting to see the sales numbers at the end of the month.

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 01:38:43 pm »
I still have not seen one on the road yet. It will be interesting to see the sales numbers at the end of the month.

Good question.  As a reference, here are July's numbers:

Name           Jul-07   Jul-06   7 months 07   7 months 06
Veracruz (I)      162     -           568            -

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"