Author Topic: CD Article: 2007 MazdaSpeed3  (Read 34833 times)

Pritch

Re: CD Article: 2007 MazdaSpeed3
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2007, 06:51:44 pm »
Well I dont have the S4 till this saturday, then the A3 the following saturday. Whitewater? I dont know if I like the idea of driving an expensive test-car on a lake but perhaps!

Hopefully I can find time to pull something together. And your 06, visually, would be the same as an 07 or 08 or whatever for photo purposes?

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2007, 07:28:10 pm »
Well I dont have the S4 till this saturday, then the A3 the following saturday. Whitewater? I dont know if I like the idea of driving an expensive test-car on a lake but perhaps!

Hopefully I can find time to pull something together. And your 06, visually, would be the same as an 07 or 08 or whatever for photo purposes?

Great, I'm looking forward to the S4! ;D The 2006 is identical to the 2007/08 form a photo op perspective. The parking lot behind the new Zellers in the south end could be interesting…..especially on a Sunday.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 07:31:55 pm by Snowman »

Pritch

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2007, 05:57:52 pm »
Looks like it might have to be sunday..or one evening during the week. Silly schedule!

Mitlov

« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2007, 08:28:26 pm »
The next batch of Speed3's are in.  They are black this time.  There's one at the Guelph mazda.   
:bounce: :banana: :lick: :inlove:  I hated the calling-all-officers red of the Speed3.  That car is gonna be gorgeous in black. 

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2007, 10:44:54 pm »
The next batch of Speed3's are in.  They are black this time.  There's one at the Guelph mazda.   
:bounce: :banana: :lick: :inlove:  I hated the calling-all-officers red of the Speed3.  That car is gonna be gorgeous in black. 

I would agree with that - the Speed 3 will be neat in black. I would prefer that over the arrest-me-red.
2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo in Snowflake White Pearl
and
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 in Alpine White

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2007, 11:06:53 am »
Not just black, but 4-5 colours are available now.
AQUAMAN64 also posts on DriverBlogs.com!

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2007, 11:18:16 am »

I still only see three colours on mazda.ca

Crystal White Pearl
Black Mica
Cosmic Blue

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2007, 01:51:49 pm »

I still only see three colours on mazda.ca

Crystal White Pearl
Black Mica
Cosmic Blue

...and the original red, equals 4. Was just saying they're all available now, not just in waves.

Weird the site only has 3. Is the original True Red being phased out? No matter, there have to be some on lots still now.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2007, 02:02:09 pm »
That makes sense.  I like the new blue colour personally.

I wonder how well they are selling?

Offline auto_enthusiast

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2007, 03:13:18 am »
Drove one of these during the weekend at an autox and was impressed - it's a fun car.

Felt very similar to the Dodge SRT4 that I drove a couple years ago.  A bit of turbo lag, but once it spools up, there's a good torque and acceleration.  Handling was very good and the LSD puts the power down nicely.  The engine also makes all the right noises with some cool induction sounds.   Seats were supportive and the interior is nice.

MS3kids

« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2007, 07:44:31 pm »
Bought a MazdaSpeed3 this weekend. Very pleased so far.

Acceleration in 3rd and 4th gear is amazing! Our last performance car was a 05 Mustang GT, and the 3's pick up is reminisant of the stang's.

The torque steer is a little challenging in 1st and 2nd gear, although completely manageable, and unless you lack basic eye/hand/foot co-ordination you will not have any problems with it after a few mins of cruzin around. Surprising so many people seem put off by the front wheel drive. It is more of a challenge to drive smoothly than a rear wheel drive car, but that just means you can feel better than all those lesser skilled Charger, Mustang, and RX8 drivers out there!

I've also always found front wheel drive cars less scary to push their envelope, the worst that can happen is it starts pushing through a corner, and all you do is lift off the gas and the back end slides out and your back on line - just in the wrong lane.

The feel of the car in the corners is also great - very flat. Amazing brakes as well - I still feel dizzy from 0-100-0 experimenting! 6 speed manual also feels great - not sure what some of the magazines were referring too with the rubbery comment.

Clutch is amusing at first - the total travel is fairly long, however the space that the clutch starts to grab to where it is fully engaged is about 1 inch - makes for some abrupt, but quick, shifting (can be embarassing).

The only thing I was annoyed at, was that the audio system wont read MP3 CDs. Instead, you have an Aux jack to plug in your Mp3/ipod - much more of a hassle than just burning mp3s onto a CD and playing through your stereo. IMO.

Anyways, so far so good, and looking forward to the summer.

Awesome car Mazda

Offline G0dspd

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +11/-4
  • Vroum Vroum
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2007, 11:20:51 pm »
Congrats on the car!  (Don't hesitate to post some pictures in the Show 'n Shine section of the forum)

Are they willing to negociate or is the demand too high to make a deal?  What color did you choose?  ;) ;D
"Can we make this quick? I have to give a banana to Annie's Boobs."

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2007, 07:55:49 am »

Acceleration in 3rd and 4th gear is amazing! Our last performance car was a 05 Mustang GT, and the 3's pick up is reminisant of the stang's.

The torque steer is a little challenging in 1st and 2nd gear, although completely manageable, and unless you lack basic eye/hand/foot co-ordination you will not have any problems with it after a few mins of cruzin around. Surprising so many people seem put off by the front wheel drive. It is more of a challenge to drive smoothly than a rear wheel drive car, but that just means you can feel better than all those lesser skilled Charger, Mustang, and RX8 drivers out there!

I've also always found front wheel drive cars less scary to push their envelope, the worst that can happen is it starts pushing through a corner, and all you do is lift off the gas and the back end slides out and your back on line - just in the wrong lane.

The feel of the car in the corners is also great - very flat. Amazing brakes as well - I still feel dizzy from 0-100-0 experimenting! 6 speed manual also feels great - not sure what some of the magazines were referring too with the rubbery comment.

Clutch is amusing at first - the total travel is fairly long, however the space that the clutch starts to grab to where it is fully engaged is about 1 inch - makes for some abrupt, but quick, shifting (can be embarassing).

The only thing I was annoyed at, was that the audio system wont read MP3 CDs. Instead, you have an Aux jack to plug in your Mp3/ipod - much more of a hassle than just burning mp3s onto a CD and playing through your stereo. IMO.

Awesome car Mazda

feel better than all those lesser skilled Charger, Mustang, and RX8 drivers out there! ??? ::)

Welcome to the forum. You are an idiot!

UmroAyyar

« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2007, 08:44:14 am »
Congratulations on the little hot rod. Its always interesting to know about your selection process, what did you compare it with? color, extras?

Offline G

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2007, 08:51:35 am »

Awesome car Mazda

feel better than all those lesser skilled Charger, Mustang, and RX8 drivers out there! ??? ::)

:rofl: :rofl2:

MS3kids

« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2007, 08:10:00 pm »

[/quote]

Now what do I say to that? I'm still laughing.....

MS3kids

« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2007, 08:17:09 pm »
Congratulations on the little hot rod. Its always interesting to know about your selection process, what did you compare it with? color, extras?

We wanted something fun, but still useful for more than just raging around in (such as the mustang).

We were looking at a used, or still in stock with a discount, 2006 Magnum RT. Didn't like the interior, automatic, seats. Liked the hemi, 4 doors, trunk space. Also, the price was still to high for us.

Also thought about a used Audi S4 Avant or Volvo V70R. Prices still way to high for the model years we were interested in.

Hadn't thought about the Mazdaspeed3 until I read about it in Car and Driver - sounded like just what we were looking for..... and it was/is.

We went with the Cosmic Blue. Our first thought was black; however, the blue looked alot better than we thought it would (and dirt doesn't make it look bad as with black).

We paid sticker price.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 08:23:04 pm by MS3kids »

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2007, 08:46:20 pm »

[/quote]

??? My rebuttal was not intended to be funny at all.

MS3kids

« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2007, 11:03:36 pm »

[/quote]

That makes it even better!

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2007, 05:36:31 am »

That makes it even better!
[/quote]

???  :shake: Why must nOObs come on here with their first post and belittle other members driving skill because of their preference for drive wheels?

Where are the pics of your car?