Author Topic: Happy Birthday, Bullet Blue!  (Read 5641 times)

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
Happy Birthday, Bullet Blue!
« on: November 23, 2006, 12:58:10 pm »
 :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday:

All the best to our very smart whippersnapper.   ;)

Cheers!   :-* :-*

Offline Wetson

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +10/-3
  • Moi
    • View Profile
    • My real estate website
  • Cars: 2019 Acura TLX SH-AWD Elite, 2018 Audi S5 Cabriolet
Re: Happy Birthday, Bullet Blue!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 01:00:40 pm »
Happy Birthday Bullet Blue!  May your day be filled with Booze, Broads and Brandy!  :P

UmroAyyar

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 01:02:44 pm »
 :bday:

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 01:03:00 pm »
Snapper ORgans of the YARD  ..........he barely touche'd MINE..I don't know weffer ta be insulated OR harpy...!!!! ::) :P...Many Returns @ 10cents each make a Hiccy....hurlly..harpy..heppy WHATEFFER....... :cp2: :drive2: :popcorn: :flowers:
Time is to stop everything happening at once

avtoller

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 01:05:09 pm »
Happy Birthday to the man with NO AGE.  :bday: :bday: :bounce: :bounce: :stick: ;D

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 01:25:06 pm »
All the Best, Bullet

:bday: :bday:
2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo in Snowflake White Pearl
and
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 in Alpine White

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 02:01:15 pm »
Happy Blue Birthday.

Offline Bullet Blue

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +16/-25
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 BMW 128i & 2008 Volvo C30
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 02:18:52 pm »
Happy Birthday to the man with NO AGE.  :bday: :bday: :bounce: :bounce: :stick: ;D

Eh? You're welcome to try to guess  ;D

Thanks for the well wishes guys. Unfortunately this has not been a very "happy" birthday thus far...

This morning at work, I leave my desk to go use the bathroom. I come back to find Wendy (known for being the office klutz) cleaning up something around my desk. Apparently she had spilled my organge juice when setting a memo down on my desk. And it went everywhere, worst of all, all over my keyboard, which is now sticky and barely works. Accidents happen, but it really pissed me off because she could've just as easily emailed the memo to me.

So, later in the morning, I run over to the NSLC down the street to buy some wine for tonight. Just my luck, as a go to grab a bottle off the shelf, my sleeve catches a bottle of $70 champagne and crashes to the grown. Of course everyone turns to look at me as I embaressingly stand over the mess. An employee came over with  pylon and mop. I said that I was so sorry and asked how much I owed her (knowing perfectly well how much it cost). She was nice enough to say "don't worry about it, we'll just write it off as a breakage during shipping or something". I was gonna look around for some more stuff but I figured it would be best to just pay and get out of there.

Around lunch my boss offers to take me out for my birthday to this restaurant I've been eyeing. We decide to take her car and off we went. Not 2 minutes into the trip....SMASH!!! Our necks snapped back quicker than Michael Richards dealing with black hecklers (sorry couldn't resist that one). But it was actually quite serious. Apparently some lady in an Olds Intrigue didn't see that we had stopped at a set of lights that had turned yellow. She claimed that we had stopped short and said "I thought you were gonna go through... the light was just yellow you know, you could've gone".     >:(She was going about 40 kph. Both cars took signifcant damage. My boss' Malibu Maxx looked pretty bad. She has two cars, a Malibu Maxx and a Volvo XC70.... she chose the wrong car to take to work today, I would've much rathered Volvo's WHIPS system take the brunt of the crash rather than my neck. The lady in the Intrigue was upset with us, and got a good smack with the airbag. My boss seemed to be ok, same with myself. The paramedics said to go to the doctor if I get the slightest amount of pain. He checked me out and didn't think that I needed to be taken in to the hospital though, so that's good.

Anyway, I got the rest of the day off work to relax, but I'm finding it hard to do so. What a day...

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 02:39:58 pm »
:bday:!!!

No more guessing birthdays for me anymore. Usually waaaaaaay off  ;)

I'm not feeling bad for you, sitting here at work. But do hope your luck improves.

Skipped lunch. Are we having any sort of cake tonight I can fantasize about?  :lick:
AQUAMAN64 also posts on DriverBlogs.com!

UmroAyyar

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 02:43:07 pm »
Sorry to hear about your day....series of unfortunate incidents. Hope you stay well.

Offline Loudpedal

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +6/-6
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '08 Acura TL '08 Honda Odyssey
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 02:48:12 pm »
Happy Birthday Bullet Blue!  I will forego the wishes for food, fun and frolic to relaxation. 

:bday:
Internal combustion thrust I trust

avtoller

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 04:03:21 pm »
Sorry to hear about the collision.  >:( :'( When will people get over the notion that a yellow light means "floor it"?  ??? ::)

Perhaps you are getting rid of all this years "trash" in one day. At least we can hope so.  ;)

dorin

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 04:40:35 pm »
Happy Birthday BB!  You're still young enough to heal quickly, aren't you? 

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2006, 06:23:42 pm »
Sorry to hear about your crappy day, Blue. 

I remember stopping for a yellow light many moons ago.  Someone was waiting to turn from the oncoming left lane, so I didn't go through the intersection.  Idiot behind me was following too closely, and jammed on the brakes to avoid me.  All I heard was the sound of screeching brakes.  As I turned to look out my rearview, he was spinning out of control towards the sidewalk on the right. 

The car comes to a stop against the curb, facing the wrong way.  He gets out, and comes racing at me, screaming.  All I heard was, "Are you facking crazy?"  ::)  I rolled down my window and said, "You were following too close, I think.  And someone was waiting to turn, so I stopped.  Wouldn't you?"

My light turned green.  Since there was no damage to his car, or anyone else's (he was lucky), I left.

Glad to hear you're okay, though.  Have a great evening.   :)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2006, 06:57:44 pm »
Time fer MAKE_UP SEX..............No NO!!! wif the WIFEY........ :o..U olde DOG you...........
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 07:00:09 pm by safristi »

Offline Wetson

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +10/-3
  • Moi
    • View Profile
    • My real estate website
  • Cars: 2019 Acura TLX SH-AWD Elite, 2018 Audi S5 Cabriolet
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2006, 07:08:51 pm »
Lemony Snicketts!!!!  Sounds like a series of unfortunate events.  I'm glad you're okay but just to be on the safe side you better not go out anywhere or do anything remotely dangerous until the day is over.   ;D

Wolfe

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2006, 07:42:30 pm »
:bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday:
Happy Biutthday Bullet Blue! :) :cheers:

Sorry to hear about your bad luck today.  :(

Try to look on the bright side: it can only get better. Just the same, if I were you I'd stay away from sharp objects until tomorrow. :foil:

nocar

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2006, 07:45:13 pm »
Happy birthday, you are one of the few on this board who keep my small idea of actually buying a Volvo alive. Enjoy the (rest of)day!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 07:48:19 pm by nocar »

Offline Bullet Blue

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +16/-25
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 BMW 128i & 2008 Volvo C30
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2006, 11:01:49 pm »
Happy Birthday BB!  You're still young enough to heal quickly, aren't you? 

God, I hope so!

Sorry to hear about your crappy day, Blue. 

I remember stopping for a yellow light many moons ago.  Someone was waiting to turn from the oncoming left lane, so I didn't go through the intersection.  Idiot behind me was following too closely, and jammed on the brakes to avoid me.  All I heard was the sound of screeching brakes.  As I turned to look out my rearview, he was spinning out of control towards the sidewalk on the right. 

The car comes to a stop against the curb, facing the wrong way.  He gets out, and comes racing at me, screaming.  All I heard was, "Are you facking crazy?"  ::)  I rolled down my window and said, "You were following too close, I think.  And someone was waiting to turn, so I stopped.  Wouldn't you?"

My light turned green.  Since there was no damage to his car, or anyone else's (he was lucky), I left.

Glad to hear you're okay, though.  Have a great evening.   :)

Stupidity has no bounds, unfortunately. I can't count the amount of times when I've stopped at a yellow light because an oncoming car is looking to turn left and I get either a blast on the horn from the guy behind me, or get to hear the great sound of tires screetching to a hault behind me. I knew this was bound to happen eventually, but I'm just glad it wasn't one of my cars, but most importantly that no one was hurt.
Happy birthday, you are one of the few on this board who keep my small idea of actually buying a Volvo alive.

Wow, thanks. I never knew I had so much power over people's choices. Maybe I should considering going into marketing for Volvo  ;)

barrie1

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2006, 11:16:09 pm »
 :bday: :banana: :banana: :banana: :cheers: :) :) With the 3 bad things to-day you should be good for a while on the safety side of things so enjoy the next year and take it nice and easy.  :) ;D