Author Topic: Weird Al's "Canadian Idiot"  (Read 5823 times)

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
Re: Weird Al's "Canadian Idiot"
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2006, 07:48:07 pm »
Yup.  Trolls is trolls.  Luckily for us, they're easy to spot on this board.   :)

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2006, 08:49:34 pm »
I thought the video was well done, for a fan effort.  One tiny thing:  the artist should really check her spelling; Weird Al's last name was incorrectly spelled.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2006, 08:57:53 pm »
True enough, but, out of idle curiousity, I went back and read every one of shemp's posts (I know, slow day here) and there is a fair degree of antagonism there, and it would be easy to get annoyed at many of the posts. I do think it may be ignore time for those that find the poster to be a problem.

Yup.  His posts are quite rough around the edges, aren't they?  He seems to take any negative opinion of domestic cars personally, which is truly a waste of energy.  Unless one is employed by one of the big 3 (or should it really be big 2 these days?), in which case a persistent negative opinion can be looked on as an attack on one's job.

I don't get the impression that that is the case here.  Just someone who loves his vehicle a tad too much.  ::)

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2006, 10:10:45 pm »
True enough, but, out of idle curiousity, I went back and read every one of shemp's posts (I know, slow day here) and there is a fair degree of antagonism there, and it would be easy to get annoyed at many of the posts. I do think it may be ignore time for those that find the poster to be a problem.

Yup.  His posts are quite rough around the edges, aren't they?  He seems to take any negative opinion of domestic cars personally, which is truly a waste of energy.  Unless one is employed by one of the big 3 (or should it really be big 2 these days?), in which case a persistent negative opinion can be looked on as an attack on one's job.

I don't get the impression that that is the case here.  Just someone who loves his vehicle a tad too much.  ::)

Actually I think shemp drives a Mazda 6; at least he/she said so in an earlier post.
2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo in Snowflake White Pearl
and
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 in Alpine White

barrie1

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2006, 11:10:20 pm »
Its very obvious he has come to the wrong site and really isen't here for the enjoyment of our vehicles, if he was he would be more polite and also realize where he is even here on this particular thread which is here in "Off Topic Discussions". He possibly should also refrain from many more comments then other then he really knows regarding his particular vehicle. Slagging any of the Big  will not make any friends on here at all as they still all make a vehicle some of us would really like and do have or will. He has made a Fool of himself but if improved behavior he may learn and be a good member.  :)

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2006, 12:57:46 am »

Actually I think shemp drives a Mazda 6; at least he/she said so in an earlier post.

OK, then I'm really confused.  Are his tirades truly a selfless complaint about a perceived bias on this site or is he mad about something else?  ??? 

Of course, Bridge could be right:  trolls is trolls. ;)

Offline The Mighty Duck

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +34/-44
  • f*** that duck
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 MINI Cooper S | Past: 1999 Honda Civic, 2009 Honda Fit
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2006, 01:58:08 am »
Ignore Button really was a great invention...  so let's use it, stop discussing the troll (who I long ago ignored), and get back to the original topic.

There was an article about this song in today's Toronto Star, if I recall correctly.  I would hardly take it as an attack on Canada, but rather as an attack on what Americans think of Canada as.  That said, even for Weird Al the song is very, very sub-par.  A few points where I laughed (curling...), but overall, I would give it a C.

White & Nerdy and Smells Like Nirvana, though...

Shemp

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2006, 07:37:45 am »
For clarification, I did err. This is the offending post:

That's how CR works. It is based on survey results rather than impressions. The previous generation was below average, so barring data, the best guess is "below average". Now the results are in for 1 year, and they have been pretty so far, thus the upgrade.  :thumbup: :thumbup:

Guess work??? If they are to be respected then there should be no guess work!! They end up doing more damage than good.

You are indeed a grade A moron!! Prediction IS, by it's very nature, an educated GUESS!!!  ::) ::) ::)

Having gotten very tired of reading his insulting (to others, not me) posts and inane comments, I finally lost all patience with his obvious inability to understand that predictions ARE ALWAYS guesses. I should not, however, called HIM a "grade A moron", but should have simply referred to his post as being moronic. For that I do apologize.  :-[ :-[

I apologize for what I have said about you. True some things do get me hot under the collar,I'm sure some of my posts are moronic , I can live with that. However I WILL always defend domestics but I will try to be more low key about it.