Author Topic: CD Article: 2007 Volkswagen Rabbit  (Read 170366 times)

The Beach

Re: CD Article: 2007 Volkswagen Rabbit
« Reply #440 on: May 11, 2007, 08:01:18 pm »
The extra diversity antenna is mounted in the rear window, like the heating elements. Think it's 2 vertical strips.

I thought it came standard with the Premium 6-CD head unit, however looking on VW.ca (which we all know isn't always right) the extra antenna is listed in GTI exterior specs but nowhere under Rabbit.

Do you have the Premium 6-CD head unit? If so, push IN the lower right hand knob... it will jump to 2 hidden menus... wait till you see the radio station reception screen which also shows whether or not the extra antenna is on/off (or however it's written, can't recall but it is there). Should be able to check. Initially my stations tended to fade/muffle a bit at times so I checked and didn't change a thing, but reception isn't a problem for me anymore for whatever reason.

As for the steering, no idea. The steering on these cars is electric, not mechanical... not sure how they work. Here are some images, but not with the I5... http://www.vwvortex.com/gallery/gallery2.php?mode=album&album=/Volkswagen/Golf%20-%20GTI%20-%20Rabbit/Golf%20V/Technical%20-%20EU#

Yes I have the Premium 6-CD. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH for the tip. I will try that tomorrow when I am out detailing my Bunny.

And thanks so much for the link on the pics of the steering. I am just trying to get an idea of how dirt could possibly of gotten lodged into the Steering Motor and subframe. The bag of dirt the dealer gave to me when they drove me back to the service department looked like they got it from the garden out front. Yes, given the situation I was put in by the dealer I am very sceptical about how the issue was handled.

Leegan

« Reply #441 on: June 10, 2007, 07:36:39 pm »
Any word on when the 2008s will be available in Canada?

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #442 on: June 14, 2007, 06:41:35 pm »
1995................!!??? ::) :P
Time is to stop everything happening at once

The Beach

« Reply #443 on: June 14, 2007, 07:18:18 pm »
Two questions:

1) Anyone know where to find VW 2007 RABBIT accessories on the web?  Got the new issue of VW Driver magazine and I saw this great trcuk tray that sits just under the cover in the hatch and I would love to pick one up but can't find anything on the web.

2) Anyone have a sugggestion as to how I can eliminate the wind shuttering which hurts my ears when the sunroof is fully open but none of the windows are down?  In my 4 door Jetta I didn't have to roll the windows down but now in the Rabbit with the hatch back there is major air pockets.  I have really long hair and it is a pain to roll the windows down a bit cause then my hair blows around in my face and eyes.

3) O.k. one more.....Anyone know a really good dealer in the Toronto area that I can go to, to get my car serviced and warrenty work done on??  I live in the East-end of Toronto. I work in the West end of Toronto so either way for me is fine but the original dealer I brought the car from is 2 hours away from the city.

My experience with taking my car in even to get warrenty work done on it, is that I end up getting screwed over by the dealer some how. It's like they don't want to work on your car unless you brought it from them or are paying them for the work their doing even though it is supposed to be under warrenty.
To give you the list of dealers I have tried and really dislike are;

Don Valley VW
Yorkdale VW
Queensway VW - they are the worst!!  I've tried going there with 3 of my VW's and they have either charged way to much or screwed up the car royally!
Oakville VW - see my May posting for that horror story.

Any other suggestions??? If you can recommend a service person as well that would be great.  I like service people that just don't take your keys and Visa and don't want to deal with you anymore. I like service guys/gals that like to hear your problem(s) and also discuss them with you...good communication skills basically.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated!!

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #444 on: June 14, 2007, 08:40:06 pm »
Try Martingrove in Woodbridge
Try closing your sun roof a bit until the noise stops

Offline onearmed

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 14, 2007, 09:31:09 pm »
I've heard nothing but great things from Georgetown VW.

Offline JSCC

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 14, 2007, 10:27:49 pm »
1. I want to find out how much that trunk tray cost too.

2. Have yo tried turning the switch to the 11:00 pm position.
Basically the max. preset position where you don't have to hold on to the switch.

3. Sage Green Rabbit with Guelph VW plates?
2011 MB C300 4Matic (Tenorite Grey)
2010 MB C300 4Matic (Iridium Silver)
2002 VW Jetta 1.8T GLS Sport Luxury Leather package

Offline JSCC

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 14, 2007, 10:49:45 pm »
Any word on when the 2008s will be available in Canada?

2007 September?
Don't wait, you'll pay more, (This is not a sales pitch to make you buy now! ;) )

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
« Reply #448 on: June 15, 2007, 12:04:21 pm »
1) I was interested in this tray too. Someone had it on VWVortex and had great photos. I can't find his post anymore or it expired. Also was available at some VW parts site, but forget. It is on the VWFeatures.com site http://vw.com/vwfeatures/rabbit/en/us/ under 'Interior' --> 'Rear Storage'. I was looking into the A3's underside netting which you supposedly can affix the Jetta/Passat's folding grocery bag hooks which I would find very useful, but couldn't get a straight answer about it.

Oh, here's a photo and alternate means to get the Storage Tray...
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2862873
even better http://www.tmtuning.com/HOME/catalog/product_detail.php?default_product=1899

It's too bad can't find the guy who bought it and took good photos.

2) I've nothing for you. I've raised both outboard headrests which helped a bit. With windows up I only open to the leftmost position. If windows cracked, sometimes to the open/'comfort' position. With both windows half way down can be fully open. Fully open on the highway with windows up is no problem. It's a huge issue in the MkV's and wasn't an issue in my MkIV Golf.

3) I would try Georgetown VW too, tho they are farther. Nothing but great things. I have never gone for service at Queensway but every time I'm there to peek around I think they are horrendous. Maybe try Cedarbrae as well.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 12:16:01 pm by sirAQUAMAN64 »
AQUAMAN64 also posts on DriverBlogs.com!

The Beach

« Reply #449 on: June 15, 2007, 06:17:14 pm »

Basically the max. preset position where you don't have to hold on to the switch. 

In answer to number...

2. Yes, i know about that position but I love the VW's because they have such a large sunroof and I love it open all the way.  I had to spend 4 years of my life in two Honda's which had limited sunroof openings so when I found out that the sunroofs actually opened all the way in the VW's I was so excited and have never looked backed.  So in saying that, I need to find some sort of solution to minimize that alwful noise so that I can use the roof they way I used to in my old Jetta.

3. Not an answer but rather a question to a question....Are you trying to guess if that was my car??

Offline JSCC

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #450 on: June 15, 2007, 06:24:06 pm »

In answer to number...

2. Yes, i know about that position but I love the VW's because they have such a large sunroof and I love it open all the way.  I had to spend 4 years of my life in two Honda's which had limited sunroof openings so when I found out that the sunroofs actually opened all the way in the VW's I was so excited and have never looked backed.  So in saying that, I need to find some sort of solution to minimize that alwful noise so that I can use the roof they way I used to in my old Jetta.

3. Not an answer but rather a question to a question....Are you trying to guess if that was my car??

2. Then you'll be even more happy when you see the panaroma sunroof on the 2008 Jetta wagon.

3. Yup.  ;)

The Beach

« Reply #451 on: June 15, 2007, 06:28:35 pm »

In answer to number...

2. Then you'll be even more happy when you see the panaroma sunroof on the 2008 Jetta wagon.

3. Yup.  ;)

2.  Wow! I don't want to know. I'm locked into a 4 years lease...but I love my Bunny anyhow. :)

3.  Silver with a personlized license plate that relates to the colour  ;)  Presonally I'm amazed know one on here has quoted it yet on the 'personalized license plate' thread cause I drive around everywhere!

Offline JSCC

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 15, 2007, 06:35:49 pm »
I'll keep an eye on silver Rabbits with p.plates.

Catch me if you can!
I recently put p.plates on my silver Jetta.

Details of contest here:
http://www.canadiandriver.com/forum/index.php/topic,52365.0.html
http://www.canadiandriver.com/forum/index.php/topic,52365.20.html
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 06:38:02 pm by JSCC »

The Beach

« Reply #453 on: June 15, 2007, 06:43:32 pm »
I'll keep an eye on silver Rabbits with p.plates.

Catch me if you can!
I recently put p.plates on my silver Jetta.

Details of contest here:
http://www.canadiandriver.com/forum/index.php/topic,52365.0.html
http://www.canadiandriver.com/forum/index.php/topic,52365.20.html

You probably either take the 401 or 407 often where as I take the QEW/Gardener most often and only use the other highways for when I go to see clients in the middle of the day...but you never know!  It is a super small world.  I was in Halifax last weekend and my old co-worker was on the same plane as I was! It's so cool when that happens!

Offline JSCC

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 16, 2007, 07:16:56 pm »
407!
What? You think I make $100,000 a year.

Actually, even if I made $100K, I'm still too cheap to go on the 407.  :P

The Beach

« Reply #455 on: June 17, 2007, 06:23:35 pm »
407!
What? You think I make $100,000 a year.

Actually, even if I made $100K, I'm still too cheap to go on the 407.  :P

Hahaha. Well you are in sales. You never know!  ;)

The Beach

« Reply #456 on: June 18, 2007, 06:54:52 pm »
O.k. So this is weird. Went to look in my service book for the radio guide to help assist me with that hidden menu that exists when you hold in the right radio knob. Well, my manual states that there is supposed to be a section 3.4 for the sound system but there isn't one. Weird. You would think when you buy a brand new car that all of the documents would be in there.

Anyhow, wondering if anyone knows where I can get this information online?

Offline JSCC

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 18, 2007, 11:19:39 pm »
There should be 2 versions of Section 3.4:
ver 1. for the 1 CD player
ver 2. for the 6 CD player

Chances are you didn't get either.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6817
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #458 on: June 19, 2007, 12:52:37 pm »
My son has the "diversity" thingy in his 07 Rabbit.  Oh how he hates that name; hahaha.  I'll take a look in his book and see what's going on.

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
« Reply #459 on: June 19, 2007, 03:52:31 pm »
Rabbit.  Oh how he hates that name; hahaha. 

Spring for a big birthday prezzie... http://oempl.us/product_info.php?cPath=23_30&products_id=280&osCsid=e1e8e7a178c9184d02c576aa477663ec

Probably more fun razzing him about it though.