Author Topic: Any one have experience with X3 or comments..  (Read 3190 times)

boytoys

Any one have experience with X3 or comments..
« on: November 27, 2005, 07:34:56 pm »
Just looking for opinions of this X3...feel free to provide +ve or -ve. I want to learn more so that i can tell my wife...abt this car...

mdxtasy

Re: Any one have experience with X3 or comments..
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 11:58:59 pm »
Are you trying to convince her that your family needs one?  Are you considering it to replace the Element?

boytoys

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 02:46:00 am »
Folks, nevermind, i found the old thread. sorry for the trouble.

Mdx, this board with various discussion on equity, fun car to drive, most expesive cars, etc... already convinced me that i should keep the C240 no matter what. she drives 10k a year. We had it for 3 years. the steep depreciation for the first 3 years just took effect, the rest of the 10-12 years will be nice to have zero obligations on a monthly basis except for insurance. By that time, my daughter will turn 18. so she will be taking over before she decide what car is good for her. Element will be replaced in 2008 when lease ends and see what my options are for any 2007 new models at their 2nd year. X3 is a thought now based on size only.

03_ap1

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 08:01:25 am »
we test drove a 3.0i - and while it was just out of our price range, the car itself was friggen gorgeous.  If I could afford it, that would be the compact SUV of choice.  We ended up buying a 06 Grand Vitara

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 09:24:13 am »
 FarleyWilbur an intermittent !!! poster on here has a white one and sings it praises,maybe when he takes a break from sleeping,shaving,eating,commuting  in it he can POST his latest experiences...... ::)
Time is to stop everything happening at once

mdxtasy

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 11:05:51 am »
I like the size of the X3....but some of the little quirks I mentioned in the other threads didn't impress me too much.  The X3 is a good small premium SUV.  I'd pick it over the Land Rover Freelander....

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 11:42:18 am »
I like the size of the X3....but some of the little quirks I mentioned in the other threads didn't impress me too much.  The X3 is a good small premium SUV.  I'd pick it over the Land Rover Freelander....

:iagree:

Although I've never driven either one, I have been in many BMW's including the X5.  If the overall performance, fit and finish of the X3 is anywhere near the X5, I would place it well ahead of the Freelander given its well known history of problems.

If you're going to spend big bucks get something that you know works.   :)
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"