Author Topic: Jeff1's Vehicular History  (Read 126778 times)

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7215
    • View Profile
Re: Jeff1's Vehicular History
« Reply #360 on: July 10, 2012, 10:32:24 pm »

www.RidersPlus.com 

I just did a quote on your bike with my record (clear) and experience (25 years licensed in bikes).

And it was the same rate as yours.  WTF??   :rofl:
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #361 on: July 10, 2012, 11:36:22 pm »

www.RidersPlus.com 

I just did a quote on your bike with my record (clear) and experience (25 years licensed in bikes).

And it was the same rate as yours.  WTF??   :rofl:

They know you then?  :rofl2:

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 10, 2012, 11:39:45 pm »
^^No tickets for me!!  I am a model of responsible motorcycling!

Offline inco

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +29/-32
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Forester
« Reply #363 on: July 11, 2012, 06:31:25 am »
^^No tickets for me!!  I am a model of responsible motorcycling!

Then it must be the second hand smoke. :rofl2:

Offline 5 Wheel Drive

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +88/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: My Mazda fleet: 2014 CX9 GS, 2013 Mazda 3 GX, 1997 Miata
« Reply #364 on: July 11, 2012, 08:23:09 am »
Nice bike, I like the color.  Never ridden one of those.  My insurance is with Primmum, which is part of TD.  My insuance is around $700 on the Versys, which is also a 650. 
"This is no Playstation, this.  There is no reset button if you get it wrong.  You just go through the pearly gates...on fire!"   -Jeremy Clarkson

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #365 on: July 11, 2012, 01:12:40 pm »
Congrats Jeff, looks like a nice bike and with the perfect weather for riding it should get lots of use.

vdk

Jeff1's Vehicular History
« Reply #366 on: July 11, 2012, 02:16:37 pm »
Congratulations! Let us know which you like best - riding or driving. Ride safe!

Offline DriverJeff

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +181/-628
    • View Profile
    • Echo Bay Media
  • Cars: Whatever I'm assigned for the week + '13 Lexus GX460, '86 Toyota MR2, '18 Kawasaki Z900RS SE, 2021 Jeep Wrangler (GF's)
« Reply #367 on: July 11, 2012, 03:42:00 pm »
Congratulations! Let us know which you like best - riding or driving. Ride safe!

Thanks!

To me, the two activities are very different.  Riding is great for the thrill factor and as a release from stresses (can't focus on anything but riding when on the bike), but the rawness of it has increased my desire for a very pure and lively car tenfold.  Something like Ron's Porsche with unboosted steering and brakes would be outstanding.  With the bike, I can feel every little tar patch strip and stone whereas with modern cars -- even sports cars -- they're so clinical and isolating now that they're a fraction of the joy to drive as they once were. 

5WheelDrive, the woman who owned my bike before me has a Versys which she finds much better suits her desire for touring than the more aggressive SV. 

I love that I can get all my urban-riding performance thrills and still only spend barely more than $10 for a tank of fuel.  And parking rocks too.
The past:00 BMW M Rdstr, 19 Jetta, 15 Ducati Scrambler, 09 Triumph Bonneville, 98 Boxster, 17 Kawi Z900, 05 LS 430, 99 LS 400, 17 Subaru STI, 14 Triumph STR, 15 WRX, 09 Ducati Monster 1100,  08 335i, 06 Suzuki SV650S, 06 330i, 06 MX-5, 04 Audi A4, 03 Suzuki SV650S, 98 328i, 93 Civic Si, 85 Corolla

vdk

« Reply #368 on: July 11, 2012, 03:56:15 pm »

Thanks!

To me, the two activities are very different.  Riding is great for the thrill factor and as a release from stresses (can't focus on anything but riding when on the bike), but the rawness of it has increased my desire for a very pure and lively car tenfold.  Something like Ron's Porsche with unboosted steering and brakes would be outstanding.  With the bike, I can feel every little tar patch strip and stone whereas with modern cars -- even sports cars -- they're so clinical and isolating now that they're a fraction of the joy to drive as they once were.

5WheelDrive, the woman who owned my bike before me has a Versys which she finds much better suits her desire for touring than the more aggressive SV. 

I love that I can get all my urban-riding performance thrills and still only spend barely more than $10 for a tank of fuel.  And parking rocks too.

That's EXACTLY how I feel. On the bike you can feel the painted lines on the road, so by comparison an everyday car becomes an appliance something to take you and your family and friends from A to B.

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 11, 2012, 04:54:15 pm »
I like motorcycles because it's much more difficult to go fast...and to master.  Separate controls for everything.  And even where you butt is on the seat or how hard you push on the foot peg affects handling.

I'm mostly out of sport bikes now because I've come as close as I can to mastery on those (though you never truly master it I don't think.  Maybe I've switched due to boredom?).  I've switched back to supermoto.  Think drifting....but on a motorcycle.   :o  Honestly the most fun I've ever had on 2 wheels.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #370 on: July 11, 2012, 05:09:41 pm »
I'd pay $1.99 to see a giant dwarf riding that with a SLIP ON.....wouldn't that obstruct his view and BRA
 hey welkommen to the 2 wheels /maybe ONE on the ground at all times.... :banana: :thumbup: :bounce: :winner:
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline DriverJeff

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Echo Bay Media
  • Cars: Whatever I'm assigned for the week + '13 Lexus GX460, '86 Toyota MR2, '18 Kawasaki Z900RS SE, 2021 Jeep Wrangler (GF's)
« Reply #371 on: July 11, 2012, 05:25:19 pm »
Yeah... so many firsts for me again.  Just learning all the nuances to build speed incrementally is terrifying and enjoying.

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 11, 2012, 05:27:16 pm »
Yeah... so many firsts for me again.  Just learning all the nuances to build speed incrementally is terrifying and enjoying.

Yea!!  Wait until you get your first ass puckering moment where you brain is simultaneously thinking "How do I get out of this" and "Holy :censor:, this is going to hurt!"

Find yourself a parking lot and practice locking up the front brake (and releasing it).  Very good panic drill.

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 11, 2012, 06:44:02 pm »
Congrats Jeff. 

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #374 on: July 11, 2012, 11:08:31 pm »
I like motorcycles because it's much more difficult to go fast...and to master.  Separate controls for everything.  And even where you butt is on the seat or how hard you push on the foot peg affects handling.

I'm mostly out of sport bikes now because I've come as close as I can to mastery on those (though you never truly master it I don't think.  Maybe I've switched due to boredom?).  I've switched back to supermoto.  Think drifting....but on a motorcycle.   :o  Honestly the most fun I've ever had on 2 wheels.

I still don't understand why you don't have a bike..?

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: July 11, 2012, 11:29:30 pm »

I still don't understand why you don't have a bike..?

Because I ordered one from Japan in the spring.  When it arrived in Canada, the whole shipment had to get sent back because the crate was made of wood, and the shipping company didn't have documentation saying the wooden crate was safe (something about wood products and tsunami.  I didn't really understand the reason).  So the whole thing got sent back.  Proper documentation/new crate.  Re-Sent to Canada.  Recently arrived, but now with a HUGE price premium added because of all the BS. 

I said no way.  So I've been waiting all this time....hoping the bike would come in so I didn't buy anything else.  And now that the deal fell through...I'm not sure if I should buy now, or wait until the spring "again".  On the fence type of thing for the time being.

It sure is painful being bike-less though!!

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #376 on: July 13, 2012, 07:22:20 am »
From the song of the sausage creature by Hunter: There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous.

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #377 on: July 13, 2012, 08:28:35 am »
From the song of the sausage creature by Hunter: There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous.
You been reading the Globe and Mail again Snowy? ;)
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline DriverJeff

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Echo Bay Media
« Reply #378 on: July 13, 2012, 09:14:39 am »

And having seen how you drive with your hair-on-fire, and completely, utterly insane need for max velocity, that's a terrifying notion.   ;D

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #379 on: July 13, 2012, 09:43:25 am »
You been reading the Globe and Mail again Snowy? ;)
Railton

Everyday at zero six hundred with my first coffee  :)