Author Topic: Jeff1's Vehicular History  (Read 126782 times)

Offline DriverJeff

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +181/-628
    • View Profile
    • Echo Bay Media
  • Cars: Whatever I'm assigned for the week + '13 Lexus GX460, '86 Toyota MR2, '18 Kawasaki Z900RS SE, 2021 Jeep Wrangler (GF's)
Re: Jeff1's Vehicular History
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2005, 12:53:03 pm »
Ha ha... no kidding.  Geez... and for an 'old guy' too!   :rofl2:

Quad, the linky-no-worky to your pics "High security alert!"

I'm just a noob for the mountain biking... but I sure know how to get dirty!  :)
The past:00 BMW M Rdstr, 19 Jetta, 15 Ducati Scrambler, 09 Triumph Bonneville, 98 Boxster, 17 Kawi Z900, 05 LS 430, 99 LS 400, 17 Subaru STI, 14 Triumph STR, 15 WRX, 09 Ducati Monster 1100,  08 335i, 06 Suzuki SV650S, 06 330i, 06 MX-5, 04 Audi A4, 03 Suzuki SV650S, 98 328i, 93 Civic Si, 85 Corolla

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2005, 01:20:25 pm »
..thats wot ATV's  are fer Homer........why the long face ?..err..head!!!!...Love those bike names...." Giant Iguana"..... more like a wee lizard caught in a spandex web!!!!..MOAB & FRUITY well no wunda ya get yer ROCKS OFF........gonna get my TRIKE out and beat ya BOTH........

Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2005, 01:30:52 pm »
Thanks guys. It was a nick-name that was given to me from my old vball team, since I think its funny I kept it.

If you are at work it may not be working due to the word 'yahoo' in the link.  I re-tested it and it works for me but I have zero restriction here at work.  Otherwise, I don't know why.

Mtn biking is a great way to stay in shape or get bent out of shape.  If you ever want to try some racing do the 6-hour enduro in Woodstock in the fall.  Enter solo or as a team of 2, 4 or 6 people and you take turns doing laps until the 6 hours is up.  The team with the most laps win.  We do it for fun and to see which one of us is faster.  Unless you are stupid (like me) don't enter the solo or 2 person.  I lost 6 pounds this year in the 30C+ heat!  Went back to the parents house for a bbq after to fix that problem.

All of this biking talk makes me want to go for a ride again.

davidm

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2005, 02:39:47 pm »
Thanks guys. It was a nick-name that was given to me from my old vball team, since I think its funny I kept it.

If you are at work it may not be working due to the word 'yahoo' in the link.  I re-tested it and it works for me but I have zero restriction here at work.  Otherwise, I don't know why.

Mtn biking is a great way to stay in shape or get bent out of shape.  If you ever want to try some racing do the 6-hour enduro in Woodstock in the fall.  Enter solo or as a team of 2, 4 or 6 people and you take turns doing laps until the 6 hours is up.  The team with the most laps win.  We do it for fun and to see which one of us is faster.  Unless you are stupid (like me) don't enter the solo or 2 person.  I lost 6 pounds this year in the 30C+ heat!  Went back to the parents house for a bbq after to fix that problem.

All of this biking talk makes me want to go for a ride again.

Tell me about it - I haven't been riding since October.  Have you guys tried the 24 hours of Adrenaline tour.  We did a team in the World Championship event here at Whistler on the labour day weekend.  Crazy - riding in the rain and mud at 4am is an experience.  I sucked, but our team of 6.5 (1 guy dropped after the first lap) pulled off 20 laps of the 14km course.  The winner of the SOLO  :o event did 21 laps.

For the record, I don't have one of the those little bikes given I live on the North Shore.  2005 Giant Faith 1 for me.  7" up front, 8" in the back (no comments Saf) and 43 lbs of lead when you are going up the hill.  If you boys make it out this way we'll have to take you for a ride (leave the Iguana's at home, you'll need to rent a bike for the Shore or Whistler).

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +70/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Honda CR-V (The Green Machine)
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2005, 03:11:50 pm »

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2005, 03:21:56 pm »
..apart from the shirt on ASS bacwards ...Looks like a Female Dopple-GANGER!!!! >:D >:D :bang:

Offline DriverJeff

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Echo Bay Media
  • Cars: Whatever I'm assigned for the week + '13 Lexus GX460, '86 Toyota MR2, '18 Kawasaki Z900RS SE, 2021 Jeep Wrangler (GF's)
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2005, 03:24:39 pm »
Wow, you guys are hardcore with this biking stuff.  I've got a long way of learning to go yet...

Geez man, this thing's gotta be worth a fortune!  
http://www.giant-bicycle.com/cn/030.000.000/030.000.000.asp?year=2005&model=10273

I'm still finding it hard to justify the money the wiffy spent on the Iguana.  After test riding a bunch, the Gary Fisher frames felt best to me, but the deal I got on the Giant couldn't be beat.  Two of my buddies ride Konas and said they'd never go for anything else, and my brother with the Giant Rainier wouldn't buy another Giant.  To each their own I guess!

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2005, 03:27:13 pm »
I'm about as 'soft core' a bike rider as they come.  (Have fun with that, Saffy.)  ;D

I have a 1997 Mongoose rigid frame.  :'(   I usually ride trails in local conservation areas, etc.

Offline DriverJeff

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Echo Bay Media
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2005, 03:45:34 pm »
Wow, a gerbil in the pants and a mongoose under 'em!  Well done Mr.T.  :)

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2005, 03:51:25 pm »
I'm awesome.....it's a fact.   :hello:

davidm

« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2005, 05:02:04 pm »
Wow, you guys are hardcore with this biking stuff.  I've got a long way of learning to go yet...

Geez man, this thing's gotta be worth a fortune!  
http://www.giant-bicycle.com/cn/030.000.000/030.000.000.asp?year=2005&model=10273

I'm still finding it hard to justify the money the wiffy spent on the Iguana.  After test riding a bunch, the Gary Fisher frames felt best to me, but the deal I got on the Giant couldn't be beat.  Two of my buddies ride Konas and said they'd never go for anything else, and my brother with the Giant Rainier wouldn't buy another Giant.  To each their own I guess!

My cousin owns a bike shop that deals Giant so I got a big break on price.  Retail when new was $4100.

Here's one from my favourite bike site www.nsmb.com 

I can truely say I've been on both sides of this slogan.

Here's some shots from Whistler.  I'm in the blue.  Guy in black is my S4 driving collegue.  Guy in dark blue who is clearly the best rider is my WRX driving collegue.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 05:09:47 pm by davidm »

davidm

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2005, 05:12:41 pm »
Another

davidm

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2005, 05:13:05 pm »
And the last.  This is the guy who really knows how to ride ...

barrie1

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2005, 01:21:11 am »
Even some of us old folks have Mountain Bikes as well altho I didn't get to ride it as much as I would have liked this last Summer. Mine is a 21spd Raleigh Big Horn with most of the bells and whistles that you could get when it was new in 1998. It has the good Shimano gears and larger knobby tires that allow it to ride very comfortably. I put the largest seat i could find on it as its much more comvortable this way and Handlebar extensions to make the reach easier as well. The saddlebags hold about a doz cans of POP and ice each. S speedo and timeclock for doing long distance is quite handy as well as my Bell and rearview mirror. Gets a little scary at 40mph tho and I usualy slow it down when it gets that crazy. I bleed too easy.  :rofl: :)

Offline onearmed

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2005, 03:15:33 pm »
Nice to hear about biking, I myself have a Specialized Stumpjumper XC bike.  This summer we entered a team of 6 for the 24 hours of adrenaline.  We always do a race at least once a year for fun.  Racing isn't our top priority.  It's all about hanging out, bbqing, racing and being with friends.  You just can't beat it!  I usually do some "simple" mountain biking north of toronto at hardwood hills etc.  Nice to see some other bikers!

Jeff:

Nice cars, especially the Audi! ;)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2005, 06:53:52 pm »
..I have a Giant CROTCH_THUMPER,balsa wood suspension and a Barney Rubble invisible chain set..... :-*

mdxtasy

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2005, 11:38:39 pm »
I want to buy a bike....but I also want to have my son fit (either in a towed attachment) or some seating contraption that allows him to sit in front of me.

I used to ride a Kona Hot.....way back in the day when I was into mountain biking.  I'd like to get back into it....but it's hard.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2005, 07:59:46 am »
HOT KONA cawfee on the old Kahuna's..??   ..I HATE IT when THAT HAPPENS  .....da ya wanna CRUSH JUNIOR as ya careen downwards on Mt Rushmore....
  Face PLant...!!!! ??? ::)r

Offline 84im

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-81
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 BMW X1, 2003 Chevy Tracker, 1974 VW Dune Buggy, and 1974 VW Thing
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2005, 08:00:24 pm »
Be careful where you wear that T-shirt! :laugh:
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Offline Julie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-366
    • View Profile
  • Cars: nb miata, nc mx-5, e92 m3, mk6 gti
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2006, 12:08:28 am »
Being a relatively young 'old man' my automotive history isn't as numerous as my liver spots (unlike many of the regulars here).  So, I can give a pictorial of all that I've enjoyed to date.

Thankfully, I've yet to have a truly awful car or lemon.  My first car, a 1985 Corolla hatchback was definitely the least fun, but since it was previously my grandmother's car, what can one expect?  Anyway, it did the trick in getting me back and forth from University in first and second year before selling it to sustain my penchant for text books.  I don't have any digital photos of it, but it was a burgundy-coloured version of the blue beast seen below:

After university, I bought my '93 Civic Si.  I loved this car.  Put in a 10-disc changer in the trunk and was all set.  It was exceedingly reliable and economical to run.  It looked like the representative picture below:

When I got my first full-time, decent-paying job, I figured I'd reward myself with a proper, German sports sedan.  The Ascot green 1998 BMW 328i is still missed to this day for its smooth, linear, torquey engine.  Mmmm...

(to be continued...)

Jeff, I enjoyed your vehicular history, thanks for posting. Nice BMW and Audi..... MazdaSpeed6 sounds nice too.....

EDIT: Are your MX-5 pics in another post?