Author Topic: Jeff1's Vehicular History  (Read 126791 times)

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
Re: Jeff1's Vehicular History
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2006, 02:42:13 pm »
Did they keep the car there?  If so, did you get another loaner/rental? 

My fan control module is going funny on me.  I'm 2/2 for common problems and it only has 60K.

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2006, 02:43:37 pm »
I just keep driving and  ;D

My car shall not yield to the forces of breakdown.
AQUAMAN64 also posts on DriverBlogs.com!

Offline DriverJeff

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +181/-628
    • View Profile
    • Echo Bay Media
  • Cars: Whatever I'm assigned for the week + '13 Lexus GX460, '86 Toyota MR2, '18 Kawasaki Z900RS SE, 2021 Jeep Wrangler (GF's)
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2006, 02:47:53 pm »

Well you've just jinxed yourself as I did.  I had just finished spouting off about how perfectly reliable and reliably perfect the MX5 was... and then blammo... this happens.  :(

Quad... they've reset the computer and it's perfectly drivable -- it'll just flip the CEL again the next time (if) it misfires. 

MDX... I noticed that Halton Honda here in town has an '05 Accord 6 spd coupe for the low $20's... ;)   (and don't tell Wing, but maybe I should've just shelled out for the S2000 instead)...  :)
The past:00 BMW M Rdstr, 19 Jetta, 15 Ducati Scrambler, 09 Triumph Bonneville, 98 Boxster, 17 Kawi Z900, 05 LS 430, 99 LS 400, 17 Subaru STI, 14 Triumph STR, 15 WRX, 09 Ducati Monster 1100,  08 335i, 06 Suzuki SV650S, 06 330i, 06 MX-5, 04 Audi A4, 03 Suzuki SV650S, 98 328i, 93 Civic Si, 85 Corolla

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2006, 03:18:00 pm »

Well you've just jinxed yourself as I did.  I had just finished spouting off about how perfectly reliable and reliably perfect the MX5 was... and then blammo... this happens.  :(

Greaaaaat. Stay tuned for a story from me tomorrow...

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2006, 03:23:53 pm »

SirA -- Give it time (not that I want you to have any problems). Besides, is your car even broken in yet?  :P

GD: Glad to hear you still have your car as I heard (not that I've been outside today) it is still mild out.

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2006, 03:32:28 pm »

SirA -- Give it time (not that I want you to have any problems). Besides, is your car even broken in yet?  :P

GD: Glad to hear you still have your car as I heard (not that I've been outside today) it is still mild out.

Yeah I know. Just being cocky for the time being while I still have the chance. Ya'all best start setting aside time now to hear the problems coming in the future.

It is very nice out. Too bad the sun only peeked out for a little while where I am. Still enjoyable.

Offline Julie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-366
    • View Profile
  • Cars: nb miata, nc mx-5, e92 m3, mk6 gti
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2006, 08:53:39 pm »
Oh Jeff, sorry to hear about that, but that may be the last hiccup you ever have with the MX-5.

By the way, what loaner car did you get?

Offline DriverJeff

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Echo Bay Media
  • Cars: Whatever I'm assigned for the week + '13 Lexus GX460, '86 Toyota MR2, '18 Kawasaki Z900RS SE, 2021 Jeep Wrangler (GF's)
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2006, 12:02:06 pm »
Oh Jeff, sorry to hear about that, but that may be the last hiccup you ever have with the MX-5.

I didn't get one.  I was dropped off at my office (it's almost walking distance from the stealership) and didn't need my car during the day yesterday.  Picked it up last night -- ran fine and event-free all the way home. 

She'll sleep in the garage today and over the weekend though.  No sense in unnecessarily driving her.  After a few of those misfires, the unspent gasoline can get into the cat and over time, gum it up I've heard.

Spending all this time in the Civic this week is REALLY getting me anxious to get rid of it.  Maybe in the spring.  Keeping my eyes open for clear-out deals on Imprezas next year as they make room for '07s.

Offline Julie

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2006, 01:08:22 pm »

I didn't get one.  I was dropped off at my office (it's almost walking distance from the stealership) and didn't need my car during the day yesterday.  Picked it up last night -- ran fine and event-free all the way home. 

She'll sleep in the garage today and over the weekend though.  No sense in unnecessarily driving her.  After a few of those misfires, the unspent gasoline can get into the cat and over time, gum it up I've heard.

Spending all this time in the Civic this week is REALLY getting me anxious to get rid of it.  Maybe in the spring.  Keeping my eyes open for clear-out deals on Imprezas next year as they make room for '07s.

Glad to hear she's seems fine now.  :)

Keeping eye out for Civic replacement - ooooh, fun! Any particular Impreza model you and wifey are eyeing first?

Offline DriverJeff

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Echo Bay Media
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2006, 04:14:20 pm »

Keeping eye out for Civic replacement - ooooh, fun! Any particular Impreza model you and wifey are eyeing first?

The same one she wanted back in April when we went looking last time... a dark blue Impreza Sportwagon 2.5i.  Nothing fancy... just does everything we need it to in order to compliment the Mazda.  :)

Offline Julie

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2006, 04:28:50 pm »

The same one she wanted back in April when we went looking last time... a dark blue Impreza Sportwagon 2.5i.  Nothing fancy... just does everything we need it to in order to compliment the Mazda.  :)

the regular 2.5i or special edition?

Offline DriverJeff

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Echo Bay Media
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2006, 04:31:00 pm »
Whichever represents the best value within budget when the time comes.  ;)

It's impossible to justify it right now that the Civic is still doing everything it's supposed to... very reliably and efficiently and cost effectively.

Offline Julie

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2006, 04:34:54 pm »

It's impossible to justify it right now that the Civic is still doing everything it's supposed to... very reliably and efficiently and cost effectively.

Humm... rational, sound thinking.....

Too bad.....  :( - just joking.   ;)

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2006, 04:38:57 pm »

Now why would anybody trade in a perfectly working Civic for another car?

:stick:

mdxtasy

« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2006, 10:38:55 pm »

Now why would anybody trade in a perfectly working Civic for another car?

:stick:

;D :thumbup:

Offline Julie

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2006, 10:48:13 pm »
 :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl: :rofl2:

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2006, 11:30:44 pm »
Because I can!  >:( ;D ;D ...  :banana: :banana:

Offline DriverJeff

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Echo Bay Media
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2006, 08:47:42 am »
Well, rest assured, if I was made of money like our dear Julie, I'd be doing the ol' trade-in in no time at all.  :)

'Till then...   :'(

Offline Julie

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2006, 11:13:29 pm »
Well, rest assured, if I was made of money like our dear Julie, I'd be doing the ol' trade-in in no time at all.  :)

'Till then...   :'(

I just came back from a supper with a new friend of mine. She's a social worker, her husband is an engineer. Well, he's a car nut too, and they have 5 cars in their 3-car garage driveway.

- BMW Z4 (his summer car)
- Bettle covertible (her summer car)
- Honda Civic (his former winter car, now his son's)
- Pontiac Grand Prix (her winter car)
- Pontiac Wave (his winter car)

Actually he also has a Fiero he restored in the garage.

Now he wants a........

You guessed it. A Porsche 911.

His wife's one condition? That he get rid of that Fiero! Lucky ducky!!!

His wife is my friend, but man was it fun talking cars with him.

e.g.

me: I had thought a MX-5....
him: Oh, the 2007 hardtop?
me: In that new storm blue!

and my friend and my husband completely not understanding what we're talking about!  :rofl:

mdxtasy

« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2006, 11:18:08 pm »

Now he wants a........

You guessed it. A Porsche 911.

His wife's one condition? That he get rid of that Fiero! Lucky ducky!!!

Damn.  If I were only an engineer.   :'(  Or atleast a marketing exec.