Author Topic: 2007 Cadillac Escalade  (Read 4484 times)

Offline Bullet Blue

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +16/-25
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 BMW 128i & 2008 Volvo C30
2007 Cadillac Escalade
« on: November 08, 2005, 10:50:27 am »
For anyone intersted:

GM has already revealed the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe and 2007 GMC Yukon, and now we give you the best look yet at the final piece of the puzzle, the 2007 Cadillac Escalade. We caught it undergoing track testing at GM's Milford Proving Grounds and its minimal covering reveals some of the details that will be unique to the Cadillac's flagship SUV.

The front headlights look a lot like the SRX crossover with tall, narrow clusters that sit on either side of an even bigger grille with a prominent Cadillac crest front and center. Below the grille sits a sizable bumper with neatly integrated foglights and a more aerodynamic design that should help improve the Escalade's fuel mileage. Along with a more steeply raked windshield and tighter panel gaps, GM claims that its new full-size SUVs will be the most aerodynamically efficient vehicles in their class.

We haven't confirmed which engine the Escalade will use, but we do know it will be either a 355-horsepower, 6.0-liter V8 or a 380-hp, 6.2-liter V8. Both engines use variable valve timing to improve performance across the board with the 6.0-liter adding Displacement on Demand to improve mileage even further. The Escalade will also use an all-new six-speed automatic transmission that will eventually trickle down to the rest of the SUV lineup as production ramps up.

Interior design is one area where the Escalade hasn't always matched its competitors. The 2007 version will not only have more passenger and cargo room, it will feature high-end content like standard automatic triple-zone climate control, remote start and a larger DVD navigation screen. Although its overall design will mimic the Tahoe/Yukon twins, the Escalade gets its own unique instrument panel, seats, door trim and center console. White LED backlighting will be another Escalade exclusive feature along with fabric-covered roof pillars and optional heated and cooled seats.

To see exactly what this is all going to look like you won't have to wait much longer. The official debut of the Escalade is scheduled for Friday, November 11 at the South Florida Auto Show.

Source: Edmunds

robarakira

Re: 2007 Cadillac Escalade
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 10:53:14 am »
For anyone intersted:

Is it just me, or is that "anyone" group getting smaller and smaller.

avtoller

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 10:59:57 am »
For anyone intersted:

One can only HOPE so!  :P ::) :P

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 09:01:31 pm »
For anyone intersted:

One can only HOPE so!  :P ::) :P

People with business will always lease them, gas is also a write off. Better send the money on myself instead of handing it over to the government

Offline G0dspd

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +11/-4
  • Vroum Vroum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 10:02:36 pm »
Yay!  Another big SUV (overpriced Yukon  ;D) to pi$$ off all the Yaris/Civic/ ... etc. owners everywhere.  >:D  :thumbup:
"Can we make this quick? I have to give a banana to Annie's Boobs."

Offline inco

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +29/-32
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Forester
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 06:29:29 am »
Mmmn - six speed tranny and 355hp or more. Yummy.

C'mon General, build 'em and build 'em good and when that power and performance trickles down to the Suburbs - call me. Maybe by then I will have won the lottery and own Petro Canada! :drive: