Poll

How many people have seen the following new cars on the road?

Audi A3
17 (45.9%)
VW Passat
3 (8.1%)
Honda Civic
14 (37.8%)
Lexus IS 250/350
2 (5.4%)
Ford GT
1 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: New Cars on the road  (Read 4937 times)

mdxtasy

Re: New Cars on the road
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2005, 08:57:35 pm »
I only see red A3's.  I've seen a few e90's but like it's been said, not as big a hit as the e46 in these parts.  I see more of the new 5 than the new 3.

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2005, 09:10:41 pm »
Seen both the 2  & 4 door Civics, a couple of Passats, just 1 A3 tho. Seen a number of E90 3 series, all in varies shades of silver/grey.

barrie1

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2005, 11:11:18 pm »
I am seeing more  2006 North American built cars then all of these built together so far. Of these tho I have seen More VW Passats then anything elseand mostly the Gas engined one at that.  :)

mdxtasy

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2005, 11:51:27 pm »
I am seeing more  2006 North American built cars then all of these built together so far.

Employee pricing did work.  :rofl:  I haven't seen one new Passat yet and no Lexus IS either.  I also haven't seen any new GS's kicking around.  I also see very little of the new RL's.  I'd like to see the Fusion...and the G6 coupe.

Offline inco

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +29/-32
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Forester
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2005, 05:41:33 am »
What surprised me is that I have not seen more A3's around, but I have seen lots of the new 3 Series and even a couple of HHR's. Have not noticed any Civics yet other than at dealer and come to think of it I have not seen too many Ridgeline's and even my nearby dealer has none out front.

This week is the SEMA show in Vegas so we can expect to see some new 'exotics' to tease us.

mark

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2005, 09:03:20 am »
Have seen the most A3's.  Only a couple of Passats - actually, maybe only one on the road.   A few civic sedans, and there is a new civic coupe that lives down the street from me - that family flips cars pretty frequently it seems.  It's black and looks very nice without the spoiler.  I have been very tempted to "downgrade" for a new civic coupe recently, until I realize that downgrading will still cost me money out of pocket!  (is my car really 5 years old?)

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2005, 04:09:54 pm »
Seen all except the Ford GT on the road.

I've started seeing more A3's, which is nice. It's taken awhile to see them on the road, but they've started. The dark grey (when clean), green, blue, and white I love. Must admit, red is sharp too, just not for me.

Have seen quite a number of new Civic sedans on the road - base (black door handles) and uplevel. Haven't seen any coupes on the road yet.

Seen a few new Passats - maybe 8-10. Surprised at the number of base wheel-cover Jettas there are on the road.

Haven't yet seen the Fusion on the road, but of all it's perspectives it's the rear I like the least! Clear tail lamps look odd on it, and the shape of the trunk or bumper or something looks unfinished. Something about it. Overall it's nice tho, especially the front (side rear doors look a tad boxy), and a great effort for Ford priced right.

Only seen that one white IS in Toronto.
TONNES of new 3-Series - that damn grey I'm sick of.

This week alone I've noticed a few RL's (I've been in North Toronto more than usual), but even more noteworthy is that the M's and GS's are catching on with buyers more after years of those brands having mid-level-luxury sedans that you couldn't pay people to take.

Being from the east burbs of Toronto, can't miss the new GM products here. I think the HHR looks darned good, especially from rear and rear 3/4 views. Has a snarly exhaust too. The Cobalt SS's I still like, and similar to the BMW 3-Series, seeing the new Impalas all over. The G6 sedan I like the shape of, the coupe not so much. Solstices have hit the roads here and there.
AQUAMAN64 also posts on DriverBlogs.com!