Author Topic: Anyone Bought a 2006 Subaru Imprezza Lately?  (Read 8249 times)

Offline 84im

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-81
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 BMW X1, 2003 Chevy Tracker, 1974 VW Dune Buggy, and 1974 VW Thing
Re: Anyone Bought a 2006 Subaru Imprezza Lately?
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2005, 08:51:43 pm »
What about the bumpers, and will Canadian Subaru dealers do warranty work?
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

JD

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2005, 09:17:19 pm »
bumpers are fine, that's what the RIV list is there for - So you know if that model ahs been crash tested and is legal for entry to Canada!

As for warranty work, i haven't checked that out yet - but since I am modding the car as soon as I break it in, it isn't a huge deal to me...

I might call Subbie Canada and find out later this week.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2005, 10:03:10 pm »
Hey, the government stops the economy from working efficiently..  The market will allow countries to produce that which they are most efficient at producing, getting them lower prices...  Tarrifs, taxes and quota hurt the economy in the name of protectionism.

The government is composed of ....civil servants.  So i guess only a civil servant would know if the gov't prevents the economy from working efficiently.  Tarrifs, taxes, and quota pay for....civil servants.....
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline GTI-Gabe

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +2/-2
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 94 Golf GTI; 2006 Jetta 2.5L; Mazda 3; BMW 323i; BMW X1 (all standard cars except X1)
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2005, 09:31:48 am »
Hey, the government stops the economy from working efficiently..  The market will allow countries to produce that which they are most efficient at producing, getting them lower prices...  Tarrifs, taxes and quota hurt the economy in the name of protectionism.

The government is composed of ....civil servants.  So i guess only a civil servant would know if the gov't prevents the economy from working efficiently.  Tarrifs, taxes, and quota pay for....civil servants.....

LOL   :rofl:
Viva el coche!

JD

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2005, 12:25:29 pm »

::)  Leave it to an east coaster to have no clue about how the tarrifs, duties and taxation system works in this country...  Seeing as how you only take from the governemnt pockets and never put in, unlike us Albertans, I wouldn't expect you would.

TenPenny = ignored.

mdxtasy

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2005, 12:32:14 pm »
I'm sure you'll recieve a lot of future help with that attitude.   :bang: :bang:

Offline G0dspd

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +11/-4
  • Vroum Vroum
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2005, 03:50:02 pm »
Because they found a little bit a fossil fuel in there back yard some Albertans think they own the country.  Please ... get a life!
"Can we make this quick? I have to give a banana to Annie's Boobs."

Offline 84im

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2005, 05:31:54 pm »
I live close to the US border, and I've noticed that a used car dealer imports newer sports cars from the US and sells them in B.C., at a lower price (compared to B.C. prices).  Mostly Boxsters, S2000s and BMW Z3s.  Usually 2 to 4 years old.  Must  be money in this, if you can buy a car in the US, bring it into Canada, and sell if for a profit.  Having said that, I haven't looked at any of the cars (in the flesh), so I don't know what shape they're in, or if they're rebuilds, etc. 

Lenard

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2005, 11:07:51 pm »
What does an Albertan know about paying tax in this country?

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2005, 11:50:20 pm »
Before ppl bash on Alberta too much, you might look at the huge outflow of federal equalization payments from Alberta to the other provinces. Albertans pay their share of tax to Ottawa and get little in return IMO.

And I don't live in Alberta.  ;)
2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo in Snowflake White Pearl
and
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 in Alpine White

Lenard

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2005, 01:20:03 am »
Well I live in Toronto and I can tell you that more money is sucked out of the GTA for the good of Canada than all of Alberta! Maybe if we were allowed to keep the money Toronto generate's we wouldn't have to pay PST. I think we should trade Alberta to George Bush for California.They are starting to whine like those separatists in Quebec; so I say lets make a trade before they give the rest of Canada a headache; but, we will keep Quebec; Montreal in particular as they  have lots of culture and beautiful women.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 01:21:40 am by Lenard »

Offline G0dspd

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +11/-4
  • Vroum Vroum
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2005, 01:34:12 am »
It’s one thing to insult the politics of a province ... it's another to insult its people!  Try living on the east coast before passing judgments!

By the way, Albertans pay GST but there are no provincial taxes ... so they do pay taxes for the country :P
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 01:36:56 am by G0dspd »

Offline 84im

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2005, 03:38:24 am »
Well, so much for trying to keep this thread on track :-\

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2005, 07:23:17 am »
The oil industry in Alberta, the richest province in the country, still receives $1.4 billion a year in federal subsidies. That doesn’t include any of the special “one time” grants and funding programs dumped into the oil sands and NG projects over the years, so don’t give us that po’ boy east coast crap. Imperial oil is currently looking for between $2 to 3 billion from the fed for the Mackenzie pipe line for Crist’s sake. Of course to hear some Albertans tell it, they’re the ones who put the oil in the ground in the first place. Alberta without oil = Manitoba. (Not that there’s anything wrong with that!)

Unlike us slacker East coasters, you know like the Irvings, McCains, Olands (Moosehead Beer) etc etc Nope, just on the dole, sittin’ around smokin’, playin’ bingo, and waiting for the 649 to come in.     
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2005, 09:02:21 am »
So ya didn't WIN the 649.BT  !!!....wasn't it some ALBERTAN OIL WORKERS....it sure MUST BE GOD'S COUNTRY!!!!!! ::) 8) :stick: :cheers: :surrend:
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2005, 09:32:50 am »

::)  Leave it to an east coaster to have no clue about how the tarrifs, duties and taxation system works in this country...  Seeing as how you only take from the governemnt pockets and never put in, unlike us Albertans, I wouldn't expect you would.

TenPenny = ignored.

I'm honored to be ignored by someone who thinks he knows anything about me.    And by a civil servant, as well.
A very typical Albertan attitude, with absolutely no knowledge of the East Coast.  Where we have the single biggest exporter of refined petroleum products to the US.  But don't confuse JD with any suggestion that we make tax revenue for the feds here.  Or that we understand tariffs.  But, it seems that Alberta is full of ignorant politicans, so it's no surprise.  Ignorance is bliss, so Alberta must be a happy place.

Lenard

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2005, 09:38:18 am »
Alberta is so rich that they decided to cut back on the amount of welfare paid to their own province's most in need! What king of an effect did this have on the poor in Alberta? Well alot of them picked up and left and went to province's such as B.C. and Ontario; province's with higher welfare payments.So Thx Alberta for basically kicking your most needy out and saddling the rest of the country with your problems.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2005, 09:59:09 am »
Geez Lenard they are brilliant LEAVE THE PROVINCE with JOBS galore on every street corner....and go to WELFARE in BC & ONTARIO...why don't we all just be SO SMART!!!!!...err LAZY...did they take their Plasma TV's,SUV's and Ski_DOOS wif dem...!!!!!!!
     More NDP BS......Canada looks after it's "poor" v well ..the truly poor ..get free Health care,meds,subsidized housing,child welfare and on and on...the JERKS who can,are capable and SHOULD work move around like Hoboes lookin' fer the best deal..prolly to escape child payments ,bail,mad "customers" they've swindled on a scam or dope deal..which are YOU Lenard...!!!!! :P 8)..oh sorry yer a "social" werker !!!!!!!!!! :-*

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2005, 10:23:47 am »
Well I live in Toronto and I can tell you that more money is sucked out of the GTA for the good of Canada than all of Alberta! Maybe if we were allowed to keep the money Toronto generate's we wouldn't have to pay PST. I think we should trade Alberta to George Bush for California.They are starting to whine like those separatists in Quebec; so I say lets make a trade before they give the rest of Canada a headache; but, we will keep Quebec; Montreal in particular as they  have lots of culture and beautiful women.

Would you care to back your statement that more money is sucked out of the GTA than all of Alberta? I would love to see you make that a statement of fact rather than your personal opinion based on some dislike for Alberta (and likely the West in general). Have you lived in Alberta or elsewhere in order to be so enlightened?

Read my sig line, Lenny.

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2005, 10:26:14 am »
This thread is way off topic.  Closing.