Author Topic: Is this a good deal on Nokian WR? Help appreciated :)  (Read 7265 times)

Guess_11

Is this a good deal on Nokian WR? Help appreciated :)
« on: October 25, 2005, 03:02:12 am »
I went to Kal-Tire today. They quoted me 790.08 for a set of Nokian WR, P205/65R15. They are the 205/65R15 99 H XL ones. They also said they'd buy my old set of tires for 120$ which is 30$ each. They are the same size but are Michelin Energy Lx4 ( original equipment). They have approx. 6/32" left on front and 7.5/32" on rear. So the total cost of these Nokian WRs would be 790-120= 670$ ( includes taxes, mounting, balancing, valve stems)
This a good deal? Am I getting ripped off on my old set of tires? Thanks in advance for the help .

PS. This is the only store in my town that sells Nokian WR's. If I could get them off the internet would probably be cheaper but I can't find an online site that will ship to Canada. I also decided to go with these tires because they are better than any all season and because I have no room to store just winter tires or any tire. Thats why I'm selling my old ones as well. :D

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
Re: Is this a good deal on Nokian WR? Help appreciated :)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 10:34:13 am »
 Guess again...call our Morty at Tire Trends..... ::)
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Craig

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 10:49:09 am »
WHO are YOU and what have you DONE wit SAFFY?!????!?!?!??

oversteer

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 11:11:11 am »
I think it's a good deal, particularly since you effectively get a discount from them buying your old tires.  I have driven on the WR's and they really are excellent in winter.  I think the WR is way ahead of other performance winter tires but Nokian labeled them as 'all weather' for some reason.  If you're buying from Kal Tire it means you're WAY up north and good tires are a must in the winter.  I say get them, you'll be happy you did.  Ideally if you could store a set you would be better off with Hakka 2's or something like that but if you can't, you can't, so get the WR's.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 01:41:13 pm »
 ::)..they PUMPED me full of HOT air........IT WAS HORRIBLE...a COMPLETELY "NEW" experience fer me!!!!! :-[..BUT I was "released" when my valve stem refused ta go down.......... :-*

davidm

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 03:01:46 pm »
I don't believe Morty at TireTrends carries Nokian tires (some distributor rules thing).